Hiya. Confession: So I took a long break from tumblr because it was taking over my life but I’m back now because Bucky. Obviously. I’ve mostly been writing fiction the past few years, but this is my VERY FIRST dipped toe into fiction of the “fan” variety. This story was running through my head ALL day at work yesterday so I had to get it out. I was brought back to writing from all the awesome (Y/N) x Bucky blogs I’ve been reading, devouring entire Master lists in fact. (Ahem, @squishybucky@writingruna and @imaginingbucky. Still making my way through @you-and-bucky ‘s list and I’m loving it!)
I’m still learning this new form of writing, so please be kind but helpful tips are welcome! I pretty much wrote it last night from top to bottom with very little editing, but mostly I’m posting now before I lose my nerve. :D This story is loosely based on my life experience when I fell hard for a guy, wishing I could’ve been as bold as the reader is.
Summary: Reader is 26 years old training with the avengers. She is slightly accident prone with a sheltered background, resulting in aversion to swearing. No verbal filter and says most things without thinking. She gets creative with curse words. First meeting and developing feelings for Bucky.
Warnings: none? Mostly Fluff with a little heat at the end. :) I can’t handle pretty much any smut without dying of embarrassment. :)
“Nice try, Hawk, but you’re about to eat mat, mother trucker!”
You had no verbal filter. Everyone on the team knew that. After almost a year of training together, they were used to your bizarre outbursts and ridiculous exclamations. However, you grew up in a very religious, uptight household and despite distancing yourself from those beliefs years ago, old habits held strong. Such as your inability to curse like a normal person. Any response to excitement, pain, surprise, or fear resulted in a random phrase that usually began with the first syllable of the intended word.
“Kick his asteroid, Nat!”
The redhead rolled her eyes, but kept focus and had Clint on the mat in seconds.
You pumped your fists in the air with a triumphant yell, then approaching the mat in anticipation of your own sparring match. All training focus had dissolved, however, as the gym doors opened revealing Steve and a dark-haired stranger. Curiosity peaked as you joined the welcome crowd approaching the newcomer. Shoulder-length hair covered his down-turned face, but the glint of a silver hand not covered by his left jacket sleeve explained all.
Spaghetti with a red wine marinara sauce
I’ve been wanting to use red wine for a while and finally decided to. It added a fantastic new aroma and flavor. Definitely going to use it more often :)
For the sauce I usually prefer to kepp it simple with some fresh tomatoes, onions, garlic and oregano.
Imagine baking and
cooking for the brothers constantly after moving into the bunker.
You smiled as you pulled your homemade marinara sauce off
the stove, taking a whiff. “Mmm,” you hummed as you poured a ladle-full of the
delicious, red sauce over freshly cooked pasta. Then, you scooped several
meatballs onto each plate, quickly adding a few extras. Hell, you were feeding
two fully grown hunters. And they
“What smells so amazing?” Dean asked as he entered the
“Go wash up. Dinner is almost ready.” You turned and smiled
at him as he wrapped his arms around your waist, stealing a kiss. “And tell
Sam. There is plenty for everyone.”
“Babe, you don’t have to do all this.” Dean’s eyes widened
as he gazed down at his dinner plate. “You really don’t need to go through all
of this trouble.”
You shook your head as you laughed. “Trouble? Dean, if I
wasn’t I hunter, I’d be a professional chef. This sauce,” you waved the
dripping ladle in his face, “is my mother’s recipe.” Dean practically drooled as
he watched you place the large spoon back down on its holder. “And tomorrow, I’ll
make her famous lasagna.”
Dean cocked his head, letting out a light chuckle. “Well, I’m
not gonna complain if this makes you happy.” He kissed you once more before
turning towards the door.
You jumped as your timer went off. “Oh, the pie!” you
exclaimed as you rushed for the oven, grabbing two oven mitts on the way.
Dean froze in the doorway. “Pie?” He spun on his heels,
catching a glimpse of the apple pie as you removed it from the oven. His body
relaxed as the intoxicating aroma hit his nose. “God, I’m going to marry you
You laughed as you gently placed the pie on the unoccupied
stove top to cool. “Yeah? Well, you’ve got to get me to say yes, first,” you
Dean laughed as he headed for the bathroom to wash his
hands. “Oh, challenge accepted, sweetheart!”
One BIG BOWL OF GOODNESS😛🌿✨ I had some lentil + quinoa penne from @sprout_market sitting in my cupboard and was totally in the pasta mood today so had to try it out🙏🏼 I paired it with homemade marinara sauce, ‘meat-less’ balls (recipe from my Ebook), avo + salad and it was the BEST dinner I’ve had in a while👌🏼⚡️⚡️
Don’t forget: by using the link in my bio, you all get 20% OFF and FREE shipping from @sprout_market (hint: I highly recommend this pasta😉)
P.S. I also wanted to thank you all for all the love and kind comments on my last post. I’m so overwhelmed with gratitude for each and every one of you💛
1 pound ground beef
1 pound Italian sausage
1 cup crushed pork rind crumbs
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup Parmesan or shredded mozzarella
¼ cup heavy cream mixed with ¼ cup water
5 sticks mozzarella string cheese cut into 4-5 pieces each.
½-¾ cups or Rao’s Homemade marinara sauce
1. Add everything except the sliced mozzarella and marinara sauce into a bowl and combine with your hands until well blended!
3. Pinch off a golf-ball sized piece of the meatball mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten into a circle, then place one of the pieces of mozzarella in the middle of the circle. Wrap the meatball around the cheese to completely enclose it and roll into a ball again. Repeat with the remaining meat mixture; you should have enough for about 16-18 meatballs.
4. Heat ½ cup of marinara in a sauce pan. Add meatballs and cover with more sauce if desired. Cover and cook on medium high heat for 12-15 mins. Alternatively, bake in a 400 F oven for 20 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
Macros: 441 cal, 64.7 C, 10.5 F, 20.2 P, 999.1 Na, 544.8 K
Recipe for 1 dish (multiply all by 5 for lunch for a week):
- 56g uncooked pasta. I used elbows cause I’m cheap and a man and I forgot to buy bow ties lol
- 1 chicken TVP patty. I used Morning Star
- 1/2 cup of my
homemade marinara sauce
- 1 slice of mozzarella cheese
Cook your pasta. Layer your dish. Pasta > TVP > sauce > cheese. Cover and freeze. Microwave will cook the chicken and cheese when ready.
Corn pasta with homemade marinara, sautéed peppers & mushrooms + cilantro (cuz I put cilantro on errrrythang).
Corn Pasta with Marinara:
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
¼ onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
½ tsp. red chili flakes
1-14 oz. can of chopped tomatoes
7 white mushrooms, sliced
½ red pepper, chopped
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.
In a pan over medium heat sauté the garlic and onions in 1 tbsp. olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, chili flakes and bay leaf and simmer for about 20 minutes then season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat. Transfer marinara to a blender.
While marinara simmers quickly sauté mushrooms and red peppers in 1 tbsp. olive oil in a separate pot until fragrant. Set aside.
Pour marinara over cooked pasta, top with mushrooms, peppers and cilantro. Easy peasy.
Meal prep is done. So much food from Farmer Fredo. Had to figure something out. Freezer is full. Lol. Found a simple recipe online. 600g of cubed eggplant + 500g yellow squash + 500g zucchini + 1 pint rinsed black beans + 250g chopped chicken breast + 2 pints of my homemade marinara sauce. Boil down. Divide into 5 dishes. Bam. Lunch. 340 Cal’s each. Kitchen smells wonderful.
Got any headcanons? (Literally about anything I'm desperate)
I gotchu fam have some sweet, gay domestic shit
- Enzo can cook like a five star chef because his mama taught him reaaaaaal good. His lasagna is ridiculous; three kinds of cheese, beef, homemade marinara sauce, spices all up in the meat and a fuckton of garlic because it’s good for your heart. A gift from the gods, if you will. Enzo tends to be a bit of a bitch while he’s cooking, because it’s “his zone”, so Carmella and Cass have learned to stay out so he can focus and not bite their heads off. Anything he may say though is easily apologized for through food, because daaaaamn.
- Cass learned how to bake on a whim as a teenager, and his pies and cupcakes are to die for. The roster gets super hyped when there are birthday parties because they know Cass is baking the cake. Dean gets the most excited because he is an absolute slut for Cass’ baking and has been since they shared an apartment. One time, Cass rolled up with a cake carrier because it was Hunter’s birthday, and Roman and Seth literally had to restraint Dean on either side because he was gonna pounce.
- Cass looks up YouTube hair tutorials in his spare time so he can learn how to braid Enzo’s hair in different ways for in the ring.
- Enzo’s lightsaber earrings were a 28th birthday gift from Cass.
- Cass picks Enzo up whenever he wants. He’ll carry him everywhere in the house. He doesn’t care. He’ll carry him to bed, to the fridge, to the pool, wherever, because he knows Enzo likes it, even if he won’t admit it.
- Enzo is the worst for cuddling. He saps warmth from everything, and wraps his limbs around Cass like an octopus. However, when Enzo isn’t curled around him, Cass doesn’t sleep all that well anymore. He’s gotten used to having a body latched onto him.
Prompt 50: K & P are roommates and best friends. Both are frustrated with their non-existent love lives. K convinces P they should sleep together to release tension. It’s mind-blowing and amazing, but they agree it was just a one-time thing because it was just “desperate measures”, but neither can stop thinking about the other. Make it a happy fic? Submitted by Anonymous.
Rated M for future parts, mild language warning
Part 1 of ?
The minute Katniss stepped out of her car and into the driveway of the little house she shared with Peeta, she frowned. The tantalizingly tangy scent of Peeta’s homemade marinara sauce was drifting through the kitchen window to her nose. As a teacher at a nearby school, Peeta usually arrived home before she did and started dinner. He made everything from scratch with fresh ingredients and it was always incredibly delicious. But if he was cooking comfort food, something was bothering him. As she got closer to the door, she caught the yeasty and unmistakable odour of her favourite treat- cheese buns. When she heard him switch on his Kitchen Aid mixer, Katniss realized he was making the pasta by hand and a cloud passed over her heart. Peeta, it seemed, was having a very bad day. However, her stomach, the miserable traitor, was tap dancing.