Things I really enjoyed about the new Spiderman move
Some spoilers ahead:
- First off that opening. I mean, that was just…that was perfect. It was so teenager it hurt.
- THE SPIDERMAN THEME SONG IN THE MARVEL THING
- Tom Holland. I just…boy’s got talent.
- Ned. Guy in the chair.
- ZENDAYA. Queen. I think every time she was on screen was my favorite moment.
- The fact that the “romance” was such a subplot half the time I forgot it was even happening. If you could call it a romance. I don’t think they even kissed lol
- The fucking Captain America videos.
- THE GYM TEACHER. Oh my god his entire disdain for everything was excellent.
- How completely oblivious the decathalon teacher was to like everything.
- The action and how Peter would make mistakes but try his darndest to fix them.
- How he had SO MANY CHANCES to be a typical teenager and skip out on his duties as a superhero, but how he always put being a superhero first. And how that when Tony took the suit back and he had to become basically a regular teenager again, he kind of became happier, or happy again, and I’m so glad that that sunk in and he realized he wasn’t ready to be a full-time Avenger. Not yet anyway.
- Aunt Mae. And the way the movie ended. That was beautiful.
- Also I am totally convinced that MJ has a crush on Peter. And not just the part where she knew what he’d already quit and said she was “very observant” I’m talking about a small look she gave him at the end of the movie that had me going “oh”. Idk.
- Speaking of “I want to get in some mild protesting” lol queen.
- AND THE DETENTION. OMG THAT WAS GREAT. “I just like coming here to draw people in crisis.” I just love her
- Like I just love this characterization of MJ. She’s got snark. So smarmy. So much deadpan. So many great lines. The finger she gave Peter at the dance. Just….so much love.