Hi! Would you be so kind to masterpost about some (if not all) stationery essentials with brands that you like? Thanks!
Hey there! So I will first say I think the idea of stationery “essentials” that has emerged on here is a little silly. The supplies someone will want to acquire is entirely dependent on their non-standard situations and preferences. Someone doing Algebra homework has very different stationery needs than someone earning a BFA in graphic design.
That out of the way, of course there are specific stationery
items I prefer! I tend to come across a favorite item and then just repurchase when
it runs out rather than test out a whole bunch of brands. Each semester I have a Five Star college-ruled spiral notebook and folder for each course I’m in. Beyond that…
Things that I carry in my pencil case every day that I actually find it bothersome not to have on-hand:
- ultra-micro point (.38) uni-ball signo 207 retractable gel pens in blue and black
- medium point (.7) uni-ball signo 207 retractable gel pens in assorted colors
- pilot uni alpha-gel mechanical pencil (.5)
- a couple zebra mildliners
- scotch double sided adhesive roller
- TURN 5mm correction tape (from Daiso)
- 1 or 2 post-it page marker pads
- muji eraser
- mechanical pencil refills
Stationery items I love and use for my bullet journal and letter writing but that I certainly do not need:
A lot of the other stationery items that pop up in my bullet journal were gifts from friends and family, so I actually don’t know where most of it came from. In my experience Daiso and the Michaels and Target sale/$1 bins are good places to look for cute and inexpensive novelty stationery. I also love Maido but it’s mad expensive so I haven’t purchased too many things there.