“Freemasonry is the continuation of very ancient secret societies and brotherhoods.
The Masonic square was found in many temples, and also appears in the great pyramid.
It is said that it was used symbolically for squaring conduct, perfecting of the personality. To build on the square was to build for ever, according to the teachings of ancient Egypt; and in the Egyptian Hall of Judgement Osiris is seen seated on the square while judging the dead.
Thus in the macrocosm, the square came to symbolize the foundation of eternal law, that reflected in the four bodies of man; and the columns - were the symbols of the aspects of the law: Osiris, Father ; Isis - feminine aspect; and Horus - the as a star of Monad - at the culmination of the ladder.
The two pillars at initiation, there supposed to stand at the entrance to the other world, and the various experiences through which the candidate passed were intended to symbolize those which would come to him when he passed out of this physical world into the next stage.
In the Lodge room is symbolized a temple of humanity, and as such it may be taken to symbolize a man lying upon his back.
In this position the three great supports correspond to important centers in the human body. : 1.head, two part of the brain; the sun and the moon are the symbols of divine, of origin - East.
All the western nations look to the east as the source of their wisdom.
3 corresponds to the heart, anciently regarded as the seat of the affections.
Middle column 2 correspond to to the generative organs, symbols of strength and virility, the solar plexus.; reflection of deity in matter.
The three powers of consciousness appearing in man as the spiritual will, the intuitional love and the higher intelligence, which are the root of all human will, love and thought.
The three columns, as a divine aspects, representing wisdom, strength and beauty, were stated to stand round God’s throne, which was the altar itself, which signify love.
Divine Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Ghost, or Shiva, Vishnu and Brahma are one Universal God in whom everything exists, whether it be animate or inanimate, for there is nothing but That.
But in Their separate appearances, the Holy Ghost is the maker or builder of the outer world, - objectivity; and the Son is the life in all beings, the “light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world”- subjectivity.
The pillars also represent once more the two great laws of progress, karma and dharma, the former providing the environment or material world, and the latter the direction of the self within - ” the ladder"; by the union or harmonious working of these two laws a man may attain the stability and strength required for the occult path to become a blazing Star.“
All-wise and knowing lord of the divine word Tehuti, scribe of the gods, luminous moon of infinite forms Maker of holy things, whom Ra has eternal praise for Talented and skilled, chief among magicians, knower of all things Your word is as sure as the wind, as bright as the sun Praise onto Tehuti, master of all things In Ausar’s rise you are present In Apep’s defeat you are present Praise onto the great Ibis, from whom all creation was made
Cullen Rutherford/Ariadne Lavellan, 2.2k words, rated M, also on AO3 Set a handful of days after the final battle against Corypheus; their last morning of solitude before they have to go back to their duties. Inspired by this lovely gif set.
There are are mornings where he wakes up before her, not because he’s been shaken awake out of nightmares, but for no reason other than that the Fade has decided it is done with him. When this happens, he’ll take a moment to enjoy the feeling of her curled around him. How her arm is slung loosely across his waist. Her breath against his neck. All reminders that he is here, not elsewhere. All reminders that he is safe. Cullen will bask in this feeling as he awakes, but then he’ll roll over as slowly and gently as he can in order not to wake her, just so he can lay in the morning sun and stare for a while.
This is one of those mornings. His heart feels too big for his chest, threatening to crack his ribs as he looks at her. He prays, in that moment, more feeling than thought, an overwhelming wave of thankfulness that the Maker brought him this. That the Maker let him keep it. That he continuously brings her back to him in one piece, so that he can watch the early morning light from the open balcony doors spill across the bed and onto her skin. These moments are his favorites, where he gets to take her in. Her face, relaxed in sleep. The thin scar that runs through her eyebrow and across her cheekbone that wasn’t there when they met. The larger scar along her jawline that was. Her hair, a mess of tangled curls that falls around her shoulders, glowing a bright auburn in the morning sun.
(It brings to mind a memory, of her pinning him into the grass after an impromptu sparring session in a neighbouring valley. She’s laughing, the sun positioned perfectly behind her head to light her hair up in a halo. He’s staring up at her, smiling down at him with her slightly crooked teeth, and is suddenly overwhelmed in the knowledge that he’d do anything she asked of him. That he’d drop everything and run away with her right now if she wanted him to. There has never been a moment in which he’s wanted to tell her that he loves her more than that one, when she’s laughing and momentarily carefree, lit up by the sun.
He didn’t tell her. Not then. Not yet.
He laughed along with her, pulled her down to kiss him instead of succumbing to the thundering urge to let his feelings come tumbling out.
Holy Water, I feel, is important to a Christian Witch as it is to a priest. It can help with cleaning out negative energies or protecting yourself from evil spirits. Here is a step by step that is used in the Church for making Holy Water. **remember!!you don’t have to be a priest to make holy water**
1.Gather and consecrate your salt. You need to create Holy Salt before you can create Holy Water, so consecrate the salt first. And for the record, the salt is mainly used as a preservative. Just because it’s holy doesn’t mean it’ll keep forever! Here’s the benediction of the salt:
“The Blessing of the Father Almighty be upon this Creature of Salt, and let all malignity and hindrance be cast forth hence from, and let all good enter herein, for without Thee man cannot live, wherefore I bless thee and invoke thee, that thou mayest aid me.” – Key of Solomon the King Book II Chapter 5
2. Read aloud Psalm 103. If you don’t have a Bible handy! If you don’t here it is:
“Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with loving kindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children; To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them. The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all. Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure. Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.”
3. Obtain natural water. If you can, get your water from a nearby lake, stream, or river. Try and stay away from tap water since it may have chlorine and fluoride in it. However, if your water is obtained natural, filter it beforehand – you don’t want dirty holy water! You can also use bottled water that has been collected from a stream.
4. Take your holy salt and sprinkle it into the water. While doing so, repeat the following words from the Key of Solomon the King, Book II, Chapter 5:
“I exorcise thee, O Creature of Water, by Him Who hath created thee and gathered thee together into one place so that the dry land appeared, that thou uncover all the deceits of the Enemy, and that thou cast out from thee all the impurities and uncleanness of the Spirits of the World of Phantasm, so they may harm me not, through the virtue of God Almighty Who liveth and reigneth unto the Ages of the Ages. Amen.”
5. Recite prayers used by priests. Here are two options to choose from:
1. “Prayer #1: Our help is in the name of the Lord. Who made heaven and earth. God’s creature, salt, I cast out the demon from you by the living God, by the true God, by the holy God, by God who ordered you to be thrown into the water-spring by Eliseus to heal it of its barrenness. May you be a purified salt, a means of health for those who believe, a medicine for body and soul for all who make use of you. May all evil fancies of the foul fiend, his malice and cunning, be driven afar from the place where you are sprinkled. And let every unclean spirit be repulsed by Him who is coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire. Amen.” (This is my personal favorite)
2. Almighty everlasting God, we humbly appeal to your mercy and goodness to graciously bless this creature, salt, which you have given for mankind’s use. May all who use it find in it a remedy for body and mind. And may everything that it touches or sprinkles be freed from uncleanness and any influence of the evil spirit; through Christ our Lord. Amen. (This one is short and sweet)
6. Exorcise the water. More words! Now, to purify the water and cleanse it of demons and impurities (yes, it is a form of exorcism):
“God’s creature, water, I cast out the demon from you in the name of God the Father almighty, in the name of Jesus Christ, His Son, our Lord, and in the power of the Holy Spirit. May you be a purified water, empowered to drive afar all power of the enemy, in fact, to root out and banish the enemy himself, along with his fallen angels. We ask this through the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is coming to judge both the living and the dead and the world by fire.”
7. Now it is time to conclude the ritual. **While adding the final amounts of salt into the water say**: May this salt and water be mixed together; in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Once you’ve combined a few teaspoons of the holy salt into the water and it has dissolved entirely, the ritual is concluded with another prayer. Again, you have options here:
1. “O God, who for man’s welfare established the most wonderful mysteries in the substance of water, hearken to our prayer, and pour forth your blessing on this element now being prepared with various purifying rites. May this creature of yours, when used in your mysteries and endowed with your grace, serve to cast out demons and to banish disease. May everything that this water sprinkles in the homes and gatherings of the faithful be delivered from all that is unclean and hurtful; let no breath of contagion hover there, no taint of corruption; let all the wiles of the lurking enemy come to nothing. By the sprinkling of this water may everything opposed to the safety and peace of the occupants of these homes be banished, so that in calling on your holy name they may know the well-being they desire, and be protected from every peril; through Christ our Lord. Amen.”
2. “God, source of irresistible might and king of an invincible realm, the ever-glorious conqueror; who restrain the force of the adversary, silencing the uproar of his rage, and valiantly subduing his wickedness; in awe and humility we beg you, Lord, to regard with favor this creature thing of salt and water, to let the light of your kindness shine upon it, and to hallow it with the dew of your mercy; so that wherever it is sprinkled and your holy name is invoked, every assault of the unclean spirit may be baffled, and all dread of the serpent’s venom be cast out. To us who entreat your mercy grant that the Holy Spirit may be with us wherever we may be; through Christ our Lord. Amen.”
3. “God, Who for the salvation of the human race has built your greatest mysteries upon this substance, in your kindness hear our prayers and pour down the power of your blessing into this element, prepared by many purifications. May this your creation be a vessel of divine grace to dispel demons and sicknesses, so that everything that it is sprinkled on in the homes and buildings of the faithful will be rid of all unclean and harmful things. Let no pestilent spirit, no corrupting atmosphere, remain in those places: may all the schemes of the hidden enemy be dispelled. Let whatever might trouble the safety and peace of those who live here be put to flight by this water, so that health, gotten by calling Your holy name, may be made secure against all attacks. Through the Lord, Amen.”
**It is better is you use Kosher salt, rather than Sea Salt. Though they both work, it’s just up to preference of the maker.
Kirby: Avid vlogger. Posts mostly poor quality videos of his friends going about their daily lives, while providing adorable commentary. All subscribers are in real life friends, who leave sweet and charmed comments. The occasional troll is shut down by King Dedede because only he is allowed to pick on the puffballs. Prince Fluff up-votes every single video Kirby posts. His channel name is supertuffpinkpuff, and his channel profile includes alarming amounts of pink and cutesy stars.
King Dedede: Has two channels. One is dry and used for royal proclamations. The other is used for prank videos and stupid stunts. Has a ton of followers and dedicated fanbase, who call themselves the Dededemen. His pranks usually involve messing with Meta Knight or getting him to do something dangerous. However, Dedede’s cameraman is typically a waddle dee, so most of his videos have half of Dedede’s head chopped off. Trolls are eloquently textually eviscerated by Meta Knight because, while his king might be very foolish sometimes, that’s his liege, darnit! His channel profile includes a background collage of several photos of himself.
Meta Knight: Rarely posts videos and only made an account because Dedede wouldn’t stop bothering him about it. His few videos are scientific explanations about astronomy and mechanical engineering. Half of his commentors note how lovely his voice is; the other half are Kirby agreeing with the aforementioned commentors (i know!!!!1 his voice is really pretty!!!1111) or saying generic praise. The occasional lewd comment is shot down by Dedede’s trolling. New viewers are frequently confused and mistake mentions of Galaxia as being Meta Knight’s beloved girlfriend, rather than his empathetic sword.
Bandanna Dee: Posts documentary-style photos depicting life in Dreamland as well as the occasional cooking video. Sometimes, he posts videos of his friends doing cool things but rarely of himself. He has a few million followers, most of them waddle dees, who like every video he posts and leave adorable comments with cutesy emoticons and puns. His channel page is bright orange with gold stars.
Queen Sectonia: Make-up channel with the odd video of her swordfighting. She has lots of followers, most of them women. Any lewd commentors are immediately and fiercely shut down by Sectonia. She has a tendency to mock Dedede’s videos, and he has a tendency to mock hers. However, the two insist on remaining subscribed to one another. Taranza up-votes every video she makes and talks about her non-stop on his YouTube channel, dedicated to detailing how magnificent his queen is. Her background is pink and sparkly.
Yin-Yarn: Craft channel with lots of needlework and embroidery tutorials. In a constant battle to surpass Prince Fluff as the most subscribed channel out of Patchland. His commentors frequently note his poor jokes but admire his craftsmanship. His background is a trainwreck of eyebleedingly bad color combinations. He is frequently trolled by Prince Fluff’s second account, who uses poor grammar to disguise himself. He does not realize it’s Prince Fluff; Meta Knight has caught onto the joke and has begun up-voting all yin-yarn-sux’s comments.
Drawcia: Posts videos of herself painting Bob Ross style. Her commentors note her lovely painting style and her bizarre fashion sense. Semi-popular channel. Sometimes, it features her sister Paintra. Her most frequent commentors are Yin-Yarn, Claycia, Adelaide, and–peculiarly–Meta Knight, who appreciates her love for the color purple.
Magolor: Posts lots of cheery videos displaying various theme parks he’s built or videos of the Lor Starcutter. Is frequently trolled by King Dedede under the account the-egg-cannot-be-trusted. Meta Knight has caught on and pretends not to know; Magolor has not caught on. Half his comments are left by Kirby (great video Magolor!!!1). He appears to have a love-hate relationship with another YouTuber named Marx. Magolor’s background is a picture of the Lor Starcutter.
Nightmare: Posts lots of jump-scare videos, mixed in with genuinely terrifying things, tailored to disturb people he dislikes. Frequently comments on Meta Knight and Dedede’s videos to ask how they’re doing. Meta Knight has blocked him on Kirby’s channel. Most of his followers are fellow would-be intergalactic conquerors, and they get in frequent arguments over who ‘most succeeded’ in conquering Popstar.
Daroach: Posts lots of videos of his gang’s exploits but is doomed to be the channel everyone forgets. Still, he chooses to leave lots of constructive criticism on others’ videos and is genuinely appreciated by Kirby, who tries very hard to take his advice. Has a small, devoted following of admirers, who note how dashing he looks. His gang posts frequent vlogs on the channel, which garner modest views.
NOVA: Posts quiet videos of space, which garner very few views. He has four subscribers: Kirby, Meta Knight, Marx, and Galacta Knight. Frequently gets snarky comments from Galacta Knight, which he answers very briefly.
Galacta Knight: Posted a brief vlog, and upon receiving several requests to say certain words, became a popular channel. He now posts videos solely to show off his lovely voice. People frequently compare him to popular YouTuber Meta Knight and like to ship the two, citing the pair’s frequent comment wars as evidence.
Dark Mind: The YouTube channel everyone confuses with Nightmare’s. He tried posting videos of Dark Meta Knight and Shadow Kirby, which led to his videos being removed by YouTube’s crappy legal team. Sometimes comments on Meta Knight’s videos and snidely asks if he’s afraid of mirrors, resulting in him being told off by Shadow Kirby because that's his mentor-knight double from another dimension, and Dark Mind needs to leave him alone.
Marx: Posts lots of ‘funny’ videos. Has five subscribers: Magolor, Kirby, NOVA, Dedede, and Meta Knight. The sun and moon frequently down-vote his videos and troll him. Gets in lots of comment wars with Magolor, which Dedede likes to read dramatically to Meta Knight and Bandanna Dee (Dedede does a surprisingly good Marx impersonation).
Susie: Was suspended from YouTube after having three strikes on her account. No one seems to know the reason why, but everyone is amused by an official corporate account being banned. Meta Knight insists he had nothing to do with it, but no one believes him. In reality, the culprit was Dedede because he worked really hard on that castle, okay?
Dark Nebula: Made one popular video from ten years ago. Commentors frequently ask for more, but his account seems abandoned.
The Meta-Knights: Have dedicated an entire channel to trying to see their captain’s face without his mask. Thus, there are several awkward videos at increasingly awkward angles. It’s something of a secret space for Meta Knight’s YouTube followers and has a large underground following with the agreement that no one will ever tell Meta Knight. The Meta-Knights think their captain hasn’t caught on; he has. In fact, Meta Knight watches the videos religiously and analyzes their tactics to prevent his face from being seen.
Ribbon: Posts cute videos about fashion and rivals Sectonia in number of subscribers in the 'beauty and fashion YouTubers’ category. Often features her beloved queen. Very positive channel, but she comes down hard on any lewd commentors or trolls. Dedede frequently comments to ask about the Queen. Kirby has up-voted every video she’s ever posted. Surprisingly, she and Sectonia get along famously.
Necrodeus: Everyone has a vague recollection of seeing one of his videos but can’t remember quite what it was about. Gets into arguments with Nightmare about how to conquer planets. Famously, was once hacked and had his entire channel profile saturated with the color pink. He claims it was Kirby. It was, in fact, Daroach.
Dark Matter: Has a single channel with a large cast of YouTubers. They have a helpful list on the channel’s profile to keep them all straight. Are frequently trolled by Dedede under the account dark-matter-sux-too, a name inspired by the anonymous genius behind yin-yarn-sux (someday, Meta Knight will remember to tell Dedede that yin-yarn-sux is, in fact, Prince Fluff). Kirby posts lots of positive comments on their AMV videos, which feature lots of sad songs and are clearly made with Microsoft Movie Maker.
this is not getting tagged as a shitpost cause whoa some real effort went into this