☀ Charge Sun Water
☀ Make a Sun Book
☀ Burn Incense
☀ Make a sachet with appropriate herbs
☀ Make Sun catchers
☀ Make a solar oven then….
☀ Bake treats for the fairies
☀ Make/Buy a sundial
☀ Chart the sun’s movement through the sky by outlining your shadow in chalk throughout the day. (Great for kids)
☀ Do a drawing or painting
☀ Write a song, poem, or devotion
☀ Make sun tea
☀ Make a wreath for your front door
☀ Do red/yellow/gold candle magick
☀ Sun print fabric
☀ Watch a Midsummer night’s dream
☀ Paint a figurine gold for your altar
☀ Decorate special cups
☀ Dress in corresponding colors (bonus points for makeup magick)
☀ Cook up a Litha feast (grill to enjoy a fire if you can’t be at a bonfire)
☀ Try a new cocktail/mocktail
☀ Have a picnic outside in the sun
☀ Meditate on the energy of the sun/summer
These are just a few ideas I had and are going to try for Litha. Have fun and spend some time outside! As always, magick is all about intent.
I know this is a day late, and originally I would have posted this yesterday, but eh. Holidays is one big chaotic storm sometimes. Anyways, here’s my little holiday idea for anyone who loves some Rat and Mei interactions.
•Their names in Ancient Greek, transliterated, translated, and pronunciation
•Epithets (traditional and upg)
•Retelling/interpretation of the myths
•Other information about Them
•A photo or drawing of how They appear to you or that you think of as resembling Them
•Key words in both languages and what they mean
•An altar page or photo of an altar
•Hymns, prayers, poems and stories
•Pictures of other things you’ve made for Them
•Updates on skills you’re learning in worship of Them
•Letters you write to Them about anything at all (could just be telling them about your day or whatever)
•Specific tarot spreads
•Readings and conversations you’ve had with Them
•Sacred animals/plants/colours/food/symbols etc (or just ones that make you think of Them)
•Drawings/paintings/collages for Them
•Experiences and encounters
•Ideas for things you could do/make/give in offering (including low spoons devotional ideas)
•Books and movies that remind you of them
•Aesthetic and word associations lists
•Places that remind you of Them
•Any other upg stuff
•Any signs or dreams etc you think might have been from them
•Checklists for things you want to do for Them or have done and want to do again
•Stick in pictures or dried flowers
•Charities or other causes you can give to
*I’m mostly posting this for myself just to have the list saved but if anyone has any other ideas please feel free to add to it! I love having new things to add to my journals
1. Wearing a scarf 2. Throwing a snowball 3. Getting hit by a snowball 4. Drinking a hot beverage 5. Sledding 6. Decorating 7. Wearing a holiday sweater 8. As a Christmas Elf 9. On a snowy day 10. Opening a present 11. Licking an icicle 12. Building a snowman 13. Bundled up in warm clothes 14. By a fire 15. Tangled in Christmas lights 16. Counting down for New Years 17. Decorating Christmas cookies 18. Putting together a gingerbread house 19. Making a snow angel 20. Putting the star on the tree
Gift season approaches, and I’ve been struggling on how best to spend what little money I have on all the people in my life who I want to give holiday presents to. I’m sure I’m not the only one with this problem… so I thought I’d share some ideas.
1. Mix CDs - make your friends/family a mix CD with handmade cover artwork. If you can’t afford a stack of CDs, make a virtual CD and share the mp3s with them over Dropbox.
2. Homemade Cookies - Spending $7 on baking ingredients allows you to make a large batch of simple cookies. Divide them and use as gifts for multiple people. Throw on a handmade card and WHAM you got yourself a spiffy gift.
3. Cooking supplies - I’m not talking top of the line Kitchen Aid shit. Go to your local dollar store and buy things like wooden spoons, platters, funny mugs for under $5. Everyone needs at least some cooking supplies!
4. Cacti - Don’t go to a nursery, go to a grocery or department store with a plant section. Cacti are some of the cheapest and easiest to maintain plants, they only really need to be watered once or twice a week. And they look awesome. If the person you had in mind likes to cook, you might want to consider buying them some sort of herb like rosemary or thyme.
5. Bulk food - This might not work for everybody, but I’m sure your broke roommate wouldn’t object to a bulk package of ramen or mac and cheese. They sell 12 packs of ramen at my local dollar store for $1 each. ONE DOLLAR FOR TWELVE MEALS.
6. Unused Books - I’m betting that there’s a book in your apartment/dorm room that’s in perfect condition, but for whatever reason that you will never use again. Wrap it in some gift wrap and scrape off the price tag.
7. Spa Day - For those of you in relationships (or who feel safe touching your close friends/family in that way) make mock “spa coupons”. Offer services such as manicures/pedicures, hair stylings, massages, etc.
8. Use your talents - Are you an artist or musician of any sort? Make a piece of artwork or write a song. Buy a large piece of poster paper at Home Depot for $5 and make a funny collage full of inside jokes that only your friends will understand. Are you a knitter? Make mittens for people.
9. Weird clothing - Go to your local Salvation Army or Goodwill and spend a couple hours combing the shelves for weird items. Funny t-shirts, strange hats, etc. Don’t go to department stores looking for clothing, it’ll be too expensive.
10. “Fancy” Meal - Spend $20 and invite several friends/family members over for a fancy dinner. You don’t need to be a chef or to spend lots of money to make something “fancy”, just make the atmosphere “fancy”. Make pasta with some sort of red sauce and possibly meat. Insist that everyone dresses up, light candles, play jazz standards, take pictures- make a real night of it.
ALSO! If you can’t afford gift wrap use newspaper.
I saw a post about this on @doodledrawsthings feed and I couldn’t help myself. My favorite ink demon and my favorite holiday? Together? It was too good to pass up! That being said apologies in advance to all the lovely people named Mick out there, it just sounded like the douchiest name I could think of while I was writing, but it is not a reflection on you. Once again this takes place in Doodles’ Hell’s Studio AU. Some mild swearing, but that’s about it. Enjoy!
Hi. I’m taking commissions for pet portraits again this year. $120 for a 10in by 10in black and white drawing, shipping included. I’ll also email you a high res scan of the drawing. I have a limited number of space for portraits in time for the holiday season. Email me at email@example.com with 2-3 photos, let me know if you’d like a name banner and any specific flowers, and if you’d like a portrait in time for the holidays or have no deadline. Thanks!
If you’re confused about what’s happening here, go back and read the chapter called Rejection.
It’ll make more sense. (Can you believe I’ve actually been planning
this chapter since I wrote that one?? I never plan. I am so pleased
This is for PrincessKitty1 (over on AO3), the author of a wonderful (almost finished!!) fic called Lucky Us.
It is an important plot point in this story that the Dupain-Cheng
bakery closes for a month during the summer, and that the bakeries in
Paris have traditionally been required to stagger their summer holidays.
The idea is to ensure both that bakers are able to take a holiday, and
that Paris still has access to fresh baked bread on a daily basis. I
totally piggy-backed on that idea, and in my story, the Dupain-Chengs
get to take their holiday in July. :) If you have some free time and
want to read an awesome story, go read Lucky Us. You won’t be disappointed!!
Marinette dozed contentedly on her new boyfriend, her limbs tangled
with his on her chaise. The remnants of a plate of cookies sat
forgotten on her desk, next to a pair of empty glasses. The movie
they’d watched that afternoon had long since ended, but they’d been too
comfortable to move.
She was startled awake by a knock at her door. “Hmm, what?”
door opened, and her mother’s head appeared in the room. “Oh, I’m
sorry. I didn’t realize you had fallen asleep.” Then an odd
expression overtook the surprise on her face. “There’s, um, someone
here to see you, Marinette.”
“Who is it?” She sat up, ignoring Chat’s protests and stretching sleepily. “I told Alya I’d be busy this afternoon—”
“It’s not Alya. I think that you should come down, and see for yourself.”
frowned in confusion, and completely missed the fact that Chat had
tensed beside her. “Alright, I’ll be down in a minute.”
Sabine nodded and disappeared, pulling the door closed behind her.
“That was weird.” Marinette stretched again, and dropped a quick kiss on his mouth as she stood. “I’ll be right back, Chaton.”
“Yeah. Okay. I’ll be here.”
gave him an odd look, but he didn’t say anything else. With a shrug,
she lifted the door to and followed her mother down stairs, wondering
who in the world could have unsettled her mother. It began to make
sense when she saw Nathalie Sancoeur sitting stiffly at their dining
table, talking with her parents. She stumbled down the last few steps
in surprise, her mind racing.
“Mlle Sancoeur! I—Are you, uh, looking for Adrien? I’m not—”
“It’s fine, Marinette. This has nothing to do with Adrien. And please, call me Nathalie.”
She came to stand by the table, and glanced at her parents for
guidance, but they just shrugged. “How can I help you M-er, Nathalie?”
am here to deliver an invitation. I know you are familiar with the
Gabriel summer internship program, and that you were not selected to
participate this year. What you do not know, is that you were in fact
the committee’s first choice for the opportunity.”
Marinette felt her eyes go wide, and she sat heavily in the chair across from Nathalie. “F-first choice?”
However, someone brought your work to the attention of M. Agreste
himself the morning the announcement was to be made. He was
sufficiently impressed that he has taken an interest in your artistic
development. He does not want you to work with one of his other
designers, because he wants to see how your talent develops independent
of instruction.” She pulled a heavy envelope from her bag, and slid it
across the table to Marinette, who caught it reflexively. “This is a
letter from him, extending his invitation to you. He would like an
interview with you, an opportunity to view more of your work, and to
discuss the possibility of bringing you on as an apprentice once you graduate from lycée.”
gasped delightedly. “Oh, this is wonderful! Marinette, this is an
even better opportunity than you’d hoped for! Marinette, sweetheart?”
“A-apprentice? Me?” Marinette blinked stupidly, trying to wrap her head around what she’d just heard.
“The poor girl is in shock, Sabine.” He smiled warmly at his daughter. “Give her a minute to process.”
am sure that it is quite a lot to take in.” Nathalie turned her
attention to Marinette’s parents. “Perhaps we could take this
opportunity to schedule a meeting time that would be mutually
agreeable? As her parents, you are both welcome to be present during
“M. Agreste suggested a luncheon meeting, if that meets with your approval?”
“Of course. The bakery will be closed in July…”
As planners were consulted and a date set, Marinette sat in stunned silence. She was reeling. Gabriel Agreste wanted to meet her? He was considering taking her on as an apprentice? What? Who could possibly—Adrien. Her lips parted on an in-drawn breath. He must have gone to his father with pictures of her work.
That sneaky kitty!
She blinked, and found that Nathalie had come to stand next to her chair. Everyone was looking at her expectantly.
“I-I’m sorry. I’m a little overwhelmed.”
understand.” She dropped her professional façade for a moment, and
offered Marinette a genuine smile. “Congratulations, Marinette. This
opportunity is well deserved.”
“I-uh, th-thank you!”
“Good evening. I will see you in July.”
walked Nathalie to the door, and Sabine squeezed her daughter in a
happy hug. “So, are you still disappointed that you didn’t get the
“No! This—this is amazing!” She glanced toward the door to her attic room. “I need to—”
“Go on, dear.” Sabine nudged her toward the steps. “We can celebrate later.”
With barely a nod for her mother, Marinette raced up the steps and threw the trap door open.
“Oh my God, you crazy cat!”
please, let me explain. I had no idea you’d been chosen, and I never
meant for you to lose the spot, honestly, I just wanted to make sure
that he’d seen how wonderfully talented you are and—oomf!”
thrown herself at him hard enough to knock him off the chaise. They
landed in a heap on the floor, and she immediately began peppering his
face with kisses, murmuring happy words of praise in between.
“You sweet—wonderful—thoughtful—sneaky—ooh! This is the best thing—!”
caught her face and brought her mouth to his for a lingering, more
thorough kiss. When it ended, he stroked his thumbs over her cheeks
with a sheepish smile. “So, ah, I guess you’re ok with how it worked
“Yes!” She said emphatically, nuzzling into his neck. “Oh, I owe you one for this, Chaton.”
tipped his head back, allowing her better access to the sensitive skin
there. “Hng…! Keep doing that to my neck, and we’ll call it even.”
I miss the monthly flea market days from ACWW.It was a easy way to get furniture from the villagers and easy way to sell furniture you dont want to them I know the flea market spacein retail kinda replaced that in NL but.. it’d still be nice to even just have a “Spring Cleaning” day like the first weekend in March or April.
In honor of May I give you...Adam and Belle May Day headcanons!
(May Day was definitely a thing in England in the eighteenth century and I’m just gonna act like it was in France too cuz artistic license, baby.)
- Adam wakes up with the birds and immediately rolls over to wake up Belle so they can watch the sun come up before they head to Villeneuve.
- Belle is less than enthused about how early it is–there’s a part of her that’s been spoiled by not having to wake up at the crack of dawn anymore.
- Adam gets her up by reciting Herrick’s “Corinna’s Going a-Maying”: “Get up, get up, for shame,” etc, and by tickling her, which earns him both giggles and swats. He makes up for it by pressing kisses all over her face and she finally agrees to get up.
- They curl up in a window seat and watch the sunrise. Every so often Adam buries his face in Belle’s hair and kisses the back of her head.
- They put on simple clothes, have a hearty breakfast, and are in Villeneuve by mid morning.
- May Day is actually one of Belle’s favorite holidays–at least the idea of it. She loves the country dances, she loves spring, but she always felt out of place at the celebrations because everyone thought she was so strange. A huge part of May Day, for young people at least, is also pairing off with sweethearts, and that was never something she was interested in. “It’s a small village. I’ve met them all.”
- But this year, she’s got Adam, who can’t wait to spend the day demonstrating to literally everyone how ridiculously in love he is with his wife.
- The dancing is in the town square. Adam and Belle dance every branle, much to Maurice’s delight (that man loves a good country dance, city fellow that he is). The music is vigorous and the dances exhausting, but Belle and Adam are having the time of their lives.
- So are Plumette and Lumière, for that matter. They’ve snuck away to visit the village on May Day every year since Plumette was fifteen and Lumière was eighteen, excepting the years of the enchantment. Mrs. Potts always knew, of course (that woman knows EVERYTHING), but let them go. She remembers what it was like to be young and in love. They don’t have to sneak away this year, though. Instead they come with Belle and Adam and have a perfect day in the sun.
- Adam buys Belle a flower crown at the May Day market, which she loves but insists she will only wear if he gets one too, so he does. They walk around for the rest of the day grinning at each other like mad.
- And later, when they’ve returned to the familiar gardens of the castle, they make love outside, the air thick with the smell of roses and lilacs. With her flushed face and her flower crown askew, Belle looks like the goddess of spring herself.