“gay marriage is legal, what more do YOU PEOPLE want????”
so many things, thanks for asking!
- an end to conversion therapy for gay and trans youth
- repeal of laws which legalize discrimination against lgbt+ people if it’s derived from “sincerely held religious beliefs”
recognition and protection for lgbt+ people on the international stage
- reduction in the rates of suicide, depression, and homelessness among lgbt+ people
- to be able to google ‘lesbian’ without seeing pornography
- an end to the sexualization and fetishization of lgbt+ people in general, particularly wlw and transwomen
- legislation to add workplace protections for trans and gay people in all 50 states
- repeal of “bathroom bills” that bar trans folk from using the appropriate rest rooms
- recognition and remembrance for the countless individuals who died from HIV/AIDS and repartitions for the survivors
- an end to the “gay panic” and “trans panic” defenses
- media representation that doesn’t end with the characters’ deaths
marriage equality was not the finish line.