Is it possible if ya can do a headcannon where reader who is a geisha and hanzo meet for the first time and their relationship starts from there??✨✨👌🏼
Thank you for your request! I’ve been working on this request for sometime now because I honestly wanted it to be perfect. I went through a lot of research because I’m a nerd that adores the handsome elder Shamada brother so I hope you enjoy this as much I enjoyed writing it! (´∀｀)♡
- At a very young age, you were sold to an okiya (geisha house) in order to pay off the debuts that your family had racked up; thinking back on it, you have very little memories of them, and have no wish of ever rekindling your connections with them. The okasan (the woman that runs the okiya, called ‘mother’) took you in as one of her own, you never once felt out of place, this was your new normal.
- Okasan and you lived in the okiya with many other women that served/have served as geisha and those in the process of becoming a geisha (called a maiko). They welcomed you with open arms and treated you no different that the many other girls that lived there; this was the only family that you came to know.
- Growing up, you were constantly surrounded by beautiful geishas and maikos, seeing them brought something out from inside of you, a burning passion that fueled you; you wanted to be one of them. Although you were never allowed to participate, as a child you were fond of watching them practice their elegant dances and their abilities they’d learn from training; your day for the most part was to help keep the okiya clean, so as you cleaned you’d mimic their moves in private as you watched them.
- Still a child, many of the elder geisha took notice of your enthusiasm and in secret, they’d pull you aside and teach you things that they’d learned from school: how to play certain instruments like the shamisen, the proper etiquette of a tea ceremony and your favorite, how to perform the nihon-buyoh (traditional japanese dance); as you aged, it came as no surprise to them that even before you’d been assigned a mentor.
- At the age of 15, you and your mentor geisha took part in the misedashi (ceremony binding the both of you together as sisters; the very becoming of a maiko), you and your mentor went on for 6 years learning the ways of becoming a proper maiko and undergoing a committed training.
- It was after your training when your mentor found you were ready to begin entertaining clients. Your practice had payed off, as you’d slowly rank up in becoming the most favorable maiko in Hanamura, although you couldn’t help but feel like something was missing; deep in you heart, you were lonely.
- Then you met Hanzo Shimada, you were assigned to his coming of age banquet along with countless other women. The both of you were in the prime of your youth, both with your whole future ahead of you and yet you both couldn’t help but feel drawn toward one another; when you’d entered the banquet hall his handsome eyes were glued to you and the missing feeling inside of you vanished.
- Being the most graceful dancer out of the few selected women, you performed first for the crowd of men dancing seamless and graceful, you were the idea of perfect then; you had to draw him in you thought, you had to speak to him and not any other man, if he didn’t make the first move, you’d be picked by another man.
- When each girl’s dance had concluded, it was the men’s turn to pick a woman to entertain him, and because it was Hanzo’s coming of age night, he’d pick first. His father urged him to go up there, as he took a step forward onto the stage, his eyes eyes shifted for a moment until finally stopping upon you, he’d knelt in front of you and took your hand; was it then that you’d fallen in love with him?
- “Would you do me the honor of entertaining me this evening?” his voice was deep and manly as you humbly obliged. The both of you were brought into a separate room where you’d begin entertaining the man, you started by pouring him some sake and some subtle chit chat.
- “Why is your hairstyle different than the other women,” Hanzo commented as he brought the cup of sake to his lips. “I serves as a symbol of innocence, I am among the few that still hold their innocence, many other geishas here have patrons to whom they are ceremonially bound to in that manner. The ceremony is as binding as one of marriage” you told him
- The both of you went on to talk for hours when in reality the time between the both of you felt like mere minutes, slowly and slowly you knew that in that moment he was the one; he was the missing piece of your puzzle. Suddenly Hanzo stopped talking, the air in the room was soft and the lingering scent of sake had vanished from the air; Hanzo’s long arms had suddenly reached over, softly pulling you into his lap, he held you for a long time.
- “I will have to leave soon and this pain in my heart,” he admitted as he softly nuzzled his face into your neck, “I have never felt like this, my heart feels as full as the moon is tonight.” Outside of the Okiya the moon stood in the sky shining beautifully, his lips had somehow made their way to yours as he embraced you. The intoxicating smell of sake lingered from his lips as you tasted the alcohol, he was so hard to resist then, but that was all that you’d shared; a kiss.
- As the time between the both of you subsided, he breathed heavily into your neck “I will come back for you and make you my bride, I can not bare the thought of another man holding you like this” You wondered if the words he spoke were real, or where they just the words of a handsome drunk.
- A full month had gone by since you’d last seen the soon-to-be leader of the Shimada Clan, you’d heard of his father’s illness and by then you’d had no hope of him ever returning for you; you spent many nights crying, you and your heart were confused, you never shared a night like you had with him.
- Later that night you sat on the porch of the Okiya staring up at the moon, it looked almost the same as it had that night, the pain in your chest made it hard to breathe. “Was it all just a dream?” you’d asked the moon “Was the words he spoke tales of a man drunk on sake–”
- You caught yourself when you’d heard footsteps coming in your direction, when you turned to look you were shocked, there he leaned against the exterior of the Okiya. “I–It’s you,” you said rising to your feet, you stood still in complete shock “I never thought I’d see you again.” He then slowly approach you, placing a soft hand on your white cheek, he spoke no words as he went in for a kiss; it was long and passionate, this is the moment Hanzo knew he’d loved you.
- That night you and Hanzo did not make love, you simply talked and talked like you had that night a month ago. He knew deep in his heart that you had to be his bride before he’d embrace the pureness of your body; he wanted you more than anything else, even his leadership as head of the Shimada clan.
- He’d later take you back to the Clan and with the blessing of his ill father, he took you as his wife; he loved you deeply and the future ahead was only a grasp away, you and him would be the head of the Shimada clan along with his brother Genji… or so you thought.