Based on the prompt: “i’ve been brought to the future for historical study and you’re one of the scholars questioning me.” In which Yuuri has to interview someone from the past, and Victor was a famous figure skater who died about 50 years ago. It’s hard to interview someone when you’re either flirting or gossipping, fyi. / “Um, Mr. Nikiforov,” he starts, wincing at how stupidly awkward he sounds.
“Oh, please.” From where he’s sitting down at the table, Victor smiles at him, leaning forward just a bit, and sets his palm over the back of Yuuri’s hand, making him snap up to stare at him. “Just call me Victor.”
Beauty and the Beast thoughts in gushing dot point form
• They changed the Disney castle with a knight holding a sword at the top somewhere?
Nice film making technique, making the transformation be visible as a
silhouette and lining up the main servants, so we see their darkly lit
silhouettes react in horror. It’s horrifying as an audience because we
know it’s their turn next.
• It may have sounded auto-tuned when I
listened to it online, but with such nice speakers the auto-tuning for
Emma Watson didn’t bother me at all. Oh and the village singing number
is so much grander on the big screen. I particularly loved the
‘triplets’ getting splashed with mud and Lefou breaking their Gaston
marriage hopes with “Never gonna happen.”
• Also my “expensive
education.” can’t even help me find the words, but the camera moving
from the colourful fields in the Belle reprise and continuously
travelling fast to where Maurice was ‘Google Earth style’ was beautiful.
• Lefou’s bitemark on his belly from wrestling in ‘Gaston.’
• “One path closes and another one opens.” You’re so brave Maurice. •
My heart sunk when Maurice slid down in the snow to what I thought
would be the wolves. My emotions really matched what was happening on
• “Shut up, you idiot.” Cogsworth’s first lines spoken. Nice. “I’ve lost my hands, I haven’t lost my eyes!” “That man has very good taste.” “He was talking about me.”
•Maurice warming his hands on the fire and then another part of his body (read: rear end.)
“Mama told me not to move so I don’t scare anyone.” (paraphrased)
Maurice listens to the talking tea cup for a moment and then quickly
rises from his chair and runs away.
• Also, poor Maurice coughing
and getting dragged away from the cell by Beast and getting punched by
Gaston. Tied to a tree in winter, sent to an asylum etc. At least the
‘hurt’ was balanced with the ‘comfort’ of Agathe giving his shivering
hand a cup of tea. She also has a barn owl. Bonus points.
This is where I abandon chronology. It’s easier that way.
“You can’t talk to us like that!” Cogsworth adorably says with his
teeny sword. “Cogsworth the master has returned!” “Where?!” and then his
accessories fall apart.
“I’m not alarmed/startled (can’t remember which word) I’m holding a talking candle.” “Candelabra! There is a difference!”
Mrs Potts offering tea to Belle before her escape. How considerate! And
her “just because someone said things to you when they’re angry,
doesn’t mean you have to listen.” speech.
• Lumiere and Cogsworth play chess together. Lumiere cheated apparently.
Be Our Guest took 12 months to shoot. Let that sink in. And rightly so!
That scene felt like an entire Hollywood musical. It just put a big
smile on my face! My God, can Mcgregor dance! (motion capture, by the
way) With his arms behind his back, sliding on his knees and those
twirls! Also, nice guillotine joke and him saying “Over here.” When
Plumette’s spotlight doesn’t reach him.
• I’m also happy to note
that there was Cogsworth slapstick, just like the original movie! With a
fish head slamming in his face and him falling off the table when they
literally pull the rug (tablecloth) from under his feet. He also puts
his hand on Lumiere’s back after he lands down from the chandelier to
see if he’s OK ><
• The hand behind the back thing happens
again when they see Belle and Beast dancing. They’re happy for their
love, but also for the prospect of being Human Again. Also, Lumiere does
whatever he wants! He treats Cogs like a footstool by landing on his
head. (Kitchen scene I think.) Also, any clockwork puns are funny.
What Beast really meant to say when discussing Shakespeare was “Romeo
and Juliet? That’s so girly! I only like stuff with swords like Macbeth
or Hamlet where everyone dies.” Also his tongue is so long when he
expresses his dislike of pining and heartbreak in Romeo & Juliet!
• Lumiere’s makeup mishap with the powder. “I can fix this.”
I was a bit disappointed that the camera angles weren’t really sweeping
around like the original Tale as old as time number, but I like that
Belle leads the dance and that there’s new dance moves, like Beast
lifting her up to his hips and making her dip (lean backwards.)
(When Belle leaves) “So much for true love.” Awww! Cogsworth, you’re so
cynical. I’m also torn on Evermore. I like the deep, growly version
because it’s from the original actor, but Josh Groban has got such more
range. That might be my favourite. Also, Beast moving up the staircase
in a spiraling motion to get a glimpse of Belle? So dynamic! And was the
missing element I couldn’t have imagined when I first listened to
• Maurice holding the padlock after using that delightful deus ex machina of a hairpin. “I believe this belongs to you?” And then casually asking the head of the asylum. “Do you have children?”
3 bullet shots Gaston? REALLY?! So much more shocking than a stab
wound! And Gaston’s screams continuing until he hits the ground? 0-0 I’m
also glad the curse reverting wasn’t too spinny. It was nice and slow.
Lastly, I thought Plumiere would be my favourite ship. But Garderenza
is the best! The way he looks at her sing, and his mad grins when he
plays ^^ He also played a crucial role, holding back the doors. I’m so
proud of him.
• “The fat lady is singing!” Garderobe yells out
before joining the fight. I’m so glad she didn’t land on anyone, it
wouldn’t have translated in live action. I also liked the Lefou/Potts
piping hot tea teamwork.
• “Cadenza, you were so brave!” “Mi
amore! (Can’t remember the rest. It might be wrong.)” Though Lumiere on
his knees, saying “No, Plumette… No.” with her in his arms is
•I also laughed when the first thing Fru Fru
does is pee on Chapeau’s leg. That’s how the unsung hero who saved
Chip’s life gets rewarded.
Beast’s question of how he’ll know he’s in love. Cogsworth’s answer is that he’ll feel nauseous XD
I’m sorry this is completely jumbled and without a keep reading cut, I am on mobile and am a busy tourist :’D Just some stuff I found worth noting from Thursday!! Will do another one for today (Friday)’s show if I can manage to take notes without collapsing in a heap of feels :’) (I may compare with last week’s show, sorry I couldn’t prepare a big post on the Saturday show but @torestoreamends did a great job of that so do go check out her recap post if you want to know more!)
- JAMES HOWARD IS AMAZING AS DRACO HE IS EVERYTHING I EVER WANTED
- JAMIE AS SCORPIUS IS A+++++ he does the cloak flapping and flourishing spot on (as well as the getting it tangled on his head) and the way he keeps tucking his hair behind his ears omg. It was cute seeing Anto’s Scorpius do it but even more so when Jamie did that!!! *melts*
- oh and Sam keeps failing to do the big muggle clothes -> robes change at the beginning when they all twirl and let their robes fall. It’s a minor thing but it happened last Saturday too. :’)
- just a small thing I noticed: when they infiltrate the ministry, there are workers carrying stacks of documents around and this one female worker had her documents perfectly balanced on one finger as she walked past. It was a cool detail!
- the ppl sitting beside me on both sides both hadn’t read any spoilers so that was so much fun! I loved their gasps and whispers of ‘HOW DID THEY DO THAT?!’ whenever the Ministry telephone box sucked up the cloaks. I think it’s a fine piece of theatre magic too.♡
-THE BREAD SCENE WAS RIDICULOUS Scorpius sounded a little trumpet fanfare thing as he mimed breaking a baguette. Something like ‘du-du-duuuuuun!!’ and Rose and Albus were just staring. Bless.
- I just realized Delphi’s hair isn’t just a bouncy ponytail, it’s got these little half-buns on top (like when you don’t pull out your hair completely and keep it as a loop when you tie it). It adds to the bounce and I liked it!
- Baby or a holiday got massive peals of laughter, the audience was amazing. They all laughed when Delphi denied Scorpius a kiss as well.
- Let me elaborate on that scene bc it was ridiculous: Albus just goes all…. all flirty like OFF THE SCALE FLIRTY and the crowd just HOWLED and when Scorpius leaned in for a kiss Delphi said her signature ‘no.’ and that got a big laugh too. Then Scorpius says in his super ridiculous voice ‘SHE DIDN’T KIIIISSSSSS MEEEEEEEEEE.’ but Albus was being pale and red at the same time so then he reverts to his regular voice like ‘did you notice?’ it was really cute and fjdhsjsgakshal.
- But Scorpius was NOT enthusiastic about any of this at all. Nope. He was just… going along half heartedly I think.
-Scorpius didn’t feel like doing anything Albus was planning. Even in the library scene he wasn’t as animated as James’s Scorpius last week. James’s Scorpius was highly optimistic, he’s bouncy and smiley and trying to make the best of the situation, but Anto’s was overall very anxious and withdrawn and unsure of himself and the situation. I think Anto might be a bit tired from his LA trip, he was kinda droopy all evening. Also his voice was really gravelly rather than posh so it wasn’t what I expected?? (I’m worried that he might be ill or something;; ) The anxious look made a great staircase ballet scene though. His expression was so droopy and sad that it looked even more heartbreaking during the pining. MY HEART.
- The first ‘slightly weird 24 hours’ hug was a bit rushed, but the library hug was magnificent. Truly. Magnificent. I will get back to this later.
- Speaking of the library scene: this was the only part so far where Scorpius stopped curling up/fidgeting/looking down at his feet/biting his fingernails and just straightened up. He got up from his chair, staightened up, (I can’t remember if he had his hands on his hips/thumb casually tucked in his pocket or not) and SMIRKED. ‘Oh poor Albus Potter.’ He literally spat that. Ooooooooo so much Draco Malfoy in that. Oooooo.
- But then he started crying not when he talked about his mom, but when Albus apologized. He hid his face in one hand, pinching the bridge of his nose and was ABOUT to get weepy when Albus started talking more about himself. :p Haha.
- THE HUG. Scorpius was totally huddled up on himself with his arms wrapped around his body, all throughout Albus’s apology, and when Albus offered his hand with his 'Friends?’ line, it took him a moment before accepting the handshake. Which he did with only one hand so his arm was still curled around his body. THEN ALBUS PULLED HIM INTO A BIG HUG AND SCORPIUS’ ARMS WERE TRAPPED BETWEEN THEIR CHESTS and he was also awkwardly teetering on his feet because Albus had pulled him too far from where he was originally standing and he had to rely on Albus entirely for support BECAUSE HE COULDN’T FREE HIS ARMS TO SUPPORT HIMSELF. IT WAS GLORIOUS. SCORPIUS JUST STARTED FLAILING HIS FEET TO GET A BETTER GROUND BUT NOPE DIDN’T WORK. Best hug ever. All the feeeeels.
- ANTO WITH GLASSES AND A WAISTCOAT WILL BE THE END OF ME
- When Hermione at the TWT asks them why Scorpius’s accent is weird, Albus reassured her with his fake Bulgarian accent then gestured towards Scorpius who started shaking his hands and shoulders all jerkily making weird roar-y animal noises. I have no idea what that was supposed to be, but it was HILARIOUS.
- Myrtle was so-so. I’m happy I got to see Annabel play her last week, her Myrtle is brilliant.
- The dementors at rhe end of the play came down and BRUSHED SCORPIUS’S FOREHEAD LOVINGLY(???) WITH THEIR FINGERS THAT WAS SO SCARY
I’ll be back with more feels after part 2!!! fjdhsks feel free to poke me in my askbox if you’d like any elaboration on specific details. I’ll do my best to reply but I can’t guarantee you a satisfactory answer bc I am horrible at writing :’)
His expression here is so heartbreaking. It kills me. Such a lost soul. It’s like everything he has suffered; all of his years of physical/emotional/sexual abuse; all his shame and self-loathing is all caught up in those eyes while his face is blank/devoid of anything. The contrast is so painful to watch.
I have been informed that this is not, in fact, shit. It didn’t turn out remotely how I thought it would, but … ya know, whatever. I’ve also been informed that if I refer to it as shit again, effie214 will kick my ass. Ergo, I hope you enjoy this (not shit) work of fiction.
Title: Icarus, Reborn.
Spoilers: 3x07, some (wild) speculation for 3x09 and beyond.
Oliver doesn’t say anything about going to visit Felicity that night. He doesn’t say anything about anything, actually, because his words are the most effective noose in these gallows. He has said too much and not enough; all the wrong words for the right reasons.
He refuses to release any more words into the ether. They will stay locked in the cage of his body, left to rattle around in there with the jagged pieces of his demolished heart, forever. Words have done nothing but fail him, and there’s no one left to hear them, anyway; no one that he wants to share them with.
Those words – Oliver’s words – are for Felicity, and he can’t give them to her.
She doesn’t want them.
So, Oliver doesn’t say anything. He dances alone in the limbo that he’s created, a discarded marionette with broken strings. This solitude and loneliness is his own fault and he knows it. He doesn’t resent it any less. If anything, he resents it more. Everyone had tried to tell him – Sara, Digg, even Felicity; especially Felicity – and he ignored all of their warnings. Oliver has been blind and selfish. Worse than that, he has been complacent. He has been so secure in what he and Felicity have been creating that he didn’t realize until too late that it needed to be protected. What they have, what’s between them, has always been there and he was foolish enough to believe that it always would be.
Only now that it’s gone does he realize that he should have fought for it, and that it needed to be fought for in the first place.