John Brown as the mastermind behind the Blue Sect and the recent sad events?
Disclaimer: Spoilers and long post. As such, this theory will initially be a little chronological to try and make the explanation simpler.
If any point is unclear, feel free to ask @thedarkestcrow or me about it as it is something we discussed together. :)
First of all, here’s what we know about the current arc (ch127 happens mid-November 1889):
- Bravat (who’s most likely human) knew from the beginning that Ciel is the Watchdog (”Earl Phantomhive”), that Seb is a demon, that Lizzie is Ciel’s fiancée and that the Starlight Four committed crimes at Weston.
- Bravat’s sect is at least one and a half year/two years old (ch125). However, seeing as there was no hint of massive blood collects and death before August/September 1889, we’ll assume for this theory that the 4 star lords were put in Bravat’s care at some point during Summer 1889, which is when Bravat started using the S4 to promote the Sphere music hall in order to collect as much blood as possible.
- Othello said that, considering the anormal progress of the sect’s technology, a supernatural being is most likely behind it (ch119/ch125). This supernatural mastermind is very probably the reason Bravat knew about Sebastian being a demon (and about Lizzie and Ciel).
- While the reason tying Lizzie to the sect is still unclear, we’re going to assume for this theory that Bravat’s mention of her to Ciel (ch123) might mean that she’s seen as a possible hostage to use against him.
- Lastly, about the 2CT: it seems like it’s almost confirmed.
- Lord Sirius being Ciel’s twin (aka Real!Ciel, a “bizarre doll”) is a popular theory
- Agni’s reaction when he found the burnt picture of Ciel’s family (ch126) was quite telling that something was unexpected about this picture.
I hope all of this makes sense for you guys! Onto the theory about John Brown…