Umm.... I'm not sure either, lol. I guess just your general beliefs and your God and stuff?
Well, this got kinda long
Idk if this is what you meant but:
- So obviously the basics: Islam is a monotheistic religion. We believe in one God.
- We also believe in the Prophet Muhammad who preached the religion (kind of??? Pretty sure there’s better wording than that)
- I’m guessing you’re wondering about hijab (I mean a lot of people do)
- So it really depends
- Some people believe that you HAVE to wear hijab
- Others believe it’s optional
- I mean I’m more with the first group tbh but each is to their own
- Also: hijab is not oppressive
- Like sure you can make it oppressive
- I mean you can make wearing shorts “oppressive” if you force somebody who doesn’t want to wear them to wear shorts
- But hijab itself is not oppressive??
It’s a piece of cloth, man
- Bc like if somebody chooses to wear it then… are you saying that they’re…. Oppressing their own selves??
- Also where did anybody get the idea that Muslims are intolerant of people of other religions??
- It literally says in the Quran (that’s our holy book) to treat ppl of other religions with respect and justice
- Those “““““““““““Muslim”””””””””” terrorists that y’all see on the media are?? Not real Muslims?? Like??
- Seriously what type of religion would promote killing people and more importantly who would follow it?
- I know I wouldn’t
- Also: “Islam” comes from “salam” which means “peace” in Arabic
- Y’all can even look it up on Google translate if you don’t believe me
- Also a common misconception is that the highest percentage of people who follow Islam are Middle-Eastern
- I’m pretty sure it’s only like 20% or something
- Let me check
- I knew it!! (well I was 0.1 percent off)
Anyway if you have more questions just ask!!