What are some headcanons you have for Filia's childhood?
I have plenty but now I can’t even think of any!
But the ones I can think of right now are:
- She once ran into a pair of Grey Wardens and was so enamored by them she thought she’d be a Warden someday. She later changes her mind about being one but admires the Wardens nonetheless.
- (This is more of a teenager thing but…) She had long hair until Carver cut Bethany’s hair as a prank. She didn’t want Bethany to feel bad for having to wear her hair short so she cut hers too. (She goes back to wearing it longer in act 2!) Sister Solidarity!
- Both her parents are pretty highly educated (Leandra due to fancy tutors and Malcolm due to his life in the circle) so they didn’t need anyone else to teach their children.
- In addition to academics, all three Hawke children were taught Etiquette and had some ‘High Society’ training in hopes they’d marry up.
- This is part of the reason Filia became so snarky. It’s rude to insult people outright but as long as you can veil your insults with charm or a smile it’s all good.
- This is also why she has really good posture (Carver did too. Bethany, however, tends to keep her head down)
- She liked playing with dolls and would come up with the most dramatic of scenarios for them (dramatic for her anyway.) They typically included: Kidnap and Rescue, (Very) Loose Interpretations of Famous Wars, Dragons, and throwing them across the room to signify a dramatic exit from the story.
- She once got sick and blamed it on the cheese she ate during dinner. So from the ages of 8 to 12 she absolutely refused to eat cheese that came in a wheel. Leandra had to cut it out of sight so Filia wouldn’t know.
And that’s really all I have right now lol
Thanks for asking!