Just a reminder
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs went completely overbudget, and no-one believed anyone would want a full-length animated film. It created a whole new genre.
- George Lucas thought that Star Wars was going to be such a failure, he went on holiday rather than attend the premiere. It has become one of the most influential film sagas in film history
- The Lion King was listed as a ‘B’ movie by Disney, and thus less effort was placed on it. It became Disney’s highest grossing film until 2013.
- Beauty and the Beast had multiple time and money constraints, and was in “development hell” since the 1930′s. It became the first animated feature to win a Golden Globe for Best Picture - Musical or Comedy, Disney’s first Oscar nominated film for Best Picture since Mary Poppins, and was the reason the Academy created the ‘Best Animated Picture’ category.
- Frozen was stuck in “development hell” since Walt Disney was alive, and had multiple redrafts and script rewrites, and a few questioned whether it would be successful. It became the highest grossing animated film of all time, broke box office records across the world, became Disney’s first movie since Tarzan to win an Oscar (and won two) and became the first Disney movie (not including Pixar) to win the Golden Globe for Best Animated Feature Film.
Just because a project may be taking longer than you had hoped, or you have had to redo it multiple times, or you don’t think it will be a success doesn’t mean your project isn’t good. Sometimes our most successful projects are the most surprising ones
Don’t give up!