East High is a place where teachers encouraged us to break the status quo and define ourselves as we choose. Where a jock can cook up a mean crème brulee, and a brainiac can break it down on the dance floor. It’s a place where one person, if it’s the right person, changes us all. East High is having friends we’ll keep for the rest of our lives, and I guess that means we really are ‘all in this together’ - October 24th, 9 years of High School Musical 3: Senior Year (2008)
Until recently, I though my ramblings about Ryan Even and Chad Danforth just the crazy fantasies of a 17 year old mad woman. But I have come to the conclusion, that everything I believed was correct. Not only is Ryan and Chad both gay, but they are in love.
Now, I can’t make such an absurd statement with absolutely no evidence, that would be ridiculous. I’m not asking you to believe me when all I had to prove my statement was a gif of Chad VERY OBVIOUSLY checking out Ryan, but I believe that once all my evidence has been accumulated, no one will be able to dispute that Rychad is a romance that rivals that of Romeo and Juliet, Jack and Rose, and Edward and Bella.
1. Any bright person who’s ever watched HSM will notice that there is no doubt that Ryan is very very gay. But why has he never come out? He seems to have no problem acting very stereotypically homosexual, he is in a community at school that is known to be more open to people of that sexuality, and he is a very self confident person? Is Ryan just shy? No. Ryan is still closeted to protect, not himself, but his lover. Chad.
2. Chad is a masculine, jock, sporty kind of guy. There is no stereotypical evidence to support that he might not be straight. (Because OBVIOUSLY everyone who is gay HAS to, by law, at gay). But what if his masculinity is his way of hiding his sexuality. He’s in a high school, a very hard time in someone’s life to come out, it is reasonable to believe that his adversary to Troy breaking the traditional straight, cis-gendered, masculine role could be because he himself has not accepted his attraction to men.
3. Chad plays basketball to see other men nude in the showers? Maybe.
4. If you believe, and are as drawn to, the “opposites attract” trope as I am, you’ll see that Chad and Ryan are a perfect match. Ryan- a flamboyant, singer and dancer and Chad- a traditionally masculine jock is not only that perfect example of opposites uniting to find a balance of their interests (as seen in “I Don’t Dance”, but is the perfect basis for a Disney love story.
It’s just so happy and sad and pretty and Amanda has such a pretty voice and so does Samantha and UGH
9) Who Am I?-Les Mis
Aka probably my favorite song in Les Mis besides Red and Black
8) Words Fail-Dear Evan Hansen
SADNESS THIS SONG WILL DESTROY YOUR HEART AND SOUL
7) Fantasies Come True-Avenue Q
YOU THINK THAT YOUR OTP IS HAPPENING AND THEN BOOM
6) The Boys Are Back-HSM 3
I can’t even with this song it is so sweet and perfect. It makes me so happy whenever I watch this scene
5) Blackout-In the Heights
CARLA AND SONNY ARE LITERALLY MY HEART AND SOUL IN THIS SONG
4) So Long, Farewell-The Sound of Music
That high bflat Friedrich hits is literally my life. When I was in The Sound of Music, everyone backstage just leaned in and I swear, you’ve never heard a quieter backstage than when he hit that note
3) One Last Time-Hamilton
SASS AND SADNESS AND BITTERSWEET GOODBYES WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!?!
2) Thank Goodness-Wicked
Glinda in this song makes me cry. She’s just like ‘Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true’ and all she wants is to be happy. She’s trying to convince herself. And then she goes like ‘there are bridges you crossed you didn’t know you’d crossed until you CROSSED’ and that is my life people
As Long as You’re Mine-Wicked
Do You Hear the People Sing?-Les Mis
All I Ask of You-Phantom of the Opera
1) The Story of Tonight-Hamilton
UGH THIS SONG DOES NOT GET ENOUGH CREDIT. It is so full of hope and everyone is happy and I just. UGH. There are not enough words to describe my complete and utter LOVE for this song. The harmonies and the solos and UGH I CAN’T