“Mom he doesn’t want any, okay?” Hide held his face in his hands, elbows on the table, unable to physically bring himself to look at his mother at the moment.
“Oh, I’m sorry, I just think it’s a bit strange to come to dinner, and have already eaten before hand is all!” The sound of her tapping her plate with her fork was getting annoying. The metal clacked against glass, punctuating each word with underlying, and barely concealed aggression.
Hide cringed, closing his eyes as he sighed heavily, shoulders slumping as he curled over his own plate of barely touched food. Her tone was far too sweet, passive aggressive, nosy as always as she poked around at things Hide really wished she wouldn’t.
The hand that slipped over his thigh, hot through the thin fabric of his dress pants, surprised him. Strong, nimble fingers squeezed his knee, thumb soothingly massaging circles into the side of his pant leg. Dark amber eyes peeked out from under his hands, head turning slightly to side-eye Kaneki as the ghoul smiled kindly at his mother, despite her horrible attitude all evening.
“It’s alright Hide.”
Hide squinted, pupils narrowed as he watched Kaneki reach over the table to the small woven basket of dinner buns, plucking one from few that still remained.
“She’s right. I’ve sat here long enough chatting up a storm with your father, right?” Kaneki’s visible eye closed, calmly setting the bun down on the plate before taking his hand back from Hide, bringing it up to tear the bun in two. “I’m a little hungry after all it seems.”
i just need hide and kaneki to meet so bad. the need burns brighter than my desire to have a future.
ishida-sensei, before i die please. i will not, NOT, give up until it has been confirmed to me that he is actually dead, which he is not.
DO YOU KNOW HOW WONDERFUL IT WOULD BE?
KANEKI WOULDN’T BE LONELY
EVERYONE NEEDS SUNLIGHT AND KANEKI HAS BEEN MISSING HIS SUN
LIKE, I JUST WANT HIDE TO SHOW UP AT THE LAB AND MAKE FUN OF KANEKI’s WAXED HAIR AND HIS WHITE SUIT AND GREETS KANEKI LIKE IT’S NOTHING, LIKE HE DIDN’T JUST BREAK INTO A CCG LAB, OR LIKE KANEKI IS NOT UNDER ATTACK, HE JUST GREETS HIM LIKE IT’S THEY PLANNED TO MEET UP OR SOME SHIT AND I JUST
[setting] Engulfed in continuous wars for a long time, the country had split up into multiple small factions and had become relatively weak. In the midst of that, Toyotomi Hideyoshi, the head of the Toyotomi, was the only one strong enough to defeat all the other faction heads and unite the entire country, now becoming the country’s ruler.
Hideyoshi, having experienced being in a helpless situation before he rose in power, began developing an ideal that power was everything. To have power was to have a guarantee to many things, including rights and safety. To keep the country that he had taken a lot effort to unite standing and peaceful, he decided that making sure that everyone was strong would be the best solution.
So a period started where the young and able were endlessly trained and tested.
- Tests were held once a year. Everyone had to enter once they reached a certain age. The ones who passed would be granted privileges, while the ones who don’t were deemed unnecessary for the society and sent to the slums.
- Protesters and rule breakers will be sent to prison. The worse cases will be executed. The Toyotomi soldiers are very proficient and are equipped with hi-tech weapons. Most people wouldn’t dare to defy them if they’re smart.
- Most of the ones who are not happy with the way things are had formed a resistance team in the slums. They’re continuously avoiding the Hunters (Toyotomi team that checks around for revolts).
- Although ruling with an iron fist, Hideyoshi also made improvements to the country in general and improved people’s living standards. Now that the country’s united, there’s a train railway that travels everywhere. Trade, prices and economy also stabilized. Safety on the road got better and crime rate decreased. As a result, there were also a lot of Toyotomi supporters.
- Used to be a person who believed in lots of ideals. But after being attacked by Matsunaga in the past, he changed his way of thinking entirely, becoming much more bold when making decisions. He continued resenting how weak and helpless he was at the time, doing his best to rid himself of any weaknesses ever since.
- His main objective to strengthen the country was to make sure that it’s always ready in case other countries from outside come to attack.
- Hideyoshi, having power and being able to do many things, was trusted by a lot of people since they felt that he can keep the country safe.
- Very ambitious, planned to eventually take over the world after preparing his men.
- Although he had many loyal vassals, he only truly trusted his right hand man and friend, Hanbei.
- Sees his naive younger self in Ieyasu and sometimes couldn’t stand him, especially the moment he starts talking about his ideals.
- Deep down, Hideyoshi simply wanted the best for his country, even if it means that he had to put aside all his emotions, ignore his own needs, and throw away his past self.
- Weapon: Hideyoshi trained to have very strong punches. That added with the power up from his armlets and he can level down quite a huge area around him with just one punch to the ground.
Imagine Hide having two twin sisters who like teasing Hide friendship with Kaneki.
Kaneki coming over and the twins bombard him with questions. Kaneki is fond of them, too. Kaneki brings candy for them, too. They steal most of Kaneki’s attention from Hide until Hide finally pulls him away to study. Kaneki waves bye and heads to Hide’s room. Hide’s sisters make kissy faces and noises, squishing their cheeks and directing them to Hide. Hide attempts to shush them and whines to his mom, and she says, “Girls, stop teasing your brother and his crush on Ken.” And Hide groans and looks at his dad for help. His dad pats his back and says, “Leave the door open,” and goes back watching TV. Hide groans even louder and sulks to his room but not before his mom calls him and gives him and thumbs up and and wink. Hide covers his blushing face and runs to his room.
Image Daddy Kaneki and Papa Hide taking their child out to trick or treat and they (the child) sees kids dressed up as “Eyepatch” and their child is like “your costume isnt even scary” because the child has seen daddy Kaneki with his mask on several times in his life. Also, Hide use to wear it and chase them around in it until Kaneki scolded Hide for it about their child getting nightmares and the kid is like “Nuh UH! I’m not a scaredy cat like papa is with scary movies!”
Okay but image Hide’s parents welcoming Kaneki back to their home after so many years. The air around Kaneki is somber and he is more earnest and solemn, he isnt the warm and friendly person he was before.
They have coffee together in the dining room and both Kaneki and Hide speak about what they went through the last couple of years, withholding certain details of course.
Hide’s mom brings in dinner. Hide’s parents begin eating and Hide looks at Kaneki with concern and Kaneki gives him a small smile and mouths that it’s okay and Hide begins eating small bites. Near the end of the meal Hide’s dad then asks if Kaneki is gonna eat at all and Hide flinches. There is a brief silence and Kaneki lifts up his fork and Hide holds his hand and squeezes it lightly. Kaneki is about to eat the food before Mrs. Nagachika swoops in and takes the fork and plate away from Kaneki and starts to clean up and pick up everyone else’s plates.
Kaneki and Hide’s dad are in the living room playing Go (not over the fact Hide is good at this) and Hide walks into the kitchen and beings helping his mom with the dishes. There is silence between then and then Hide leans and rests his head on her shoulder and mutters a “thank you for that” to which she responds “I dont know what you’re talking about.” Giving her son a understanding smile