The more I see Kaneki and Touka’s “relationship” the more I want a fic where Kaneki doesn’t leave because he puts others before himself, but along comes Hide who sees how miserable his friend is and helps get him out.
It breaks my heart just to know what Kaneki’s life was like growing up and what kind of women he lived with, just to get him paired with Touka. She never even asks about his past, she doesn’t know he is an abuse victim and survivor and that she is hurting him because she puts her feelings first and acts on impulse.
This is not a healthy relationship and I just want my boy to get out.
Like heck, Hide don’t really got to be a part of it for me, just give me a Matilda scenario where Kaneki stands up for his happiness and gets out and gets to a better place.
I’ve spent the past few months attempting to figure out a framework for Ghost Physics in the Danny Phantom universe? Enjoy my crazed scribblings.
Cliff notes version: The Ghost Zone is our dimension’s 4D “atmosphere,” absorbing harmful trans-dimensional radiation. Ghosts are made of the Ghost Zone’s version of matter, called ectoplasm, a substance capable of 4D motion (video explanation of that), “toggling” how physical forces (esp. electromagnetism and gravity) interact with it, and storing huge amounts of energy. A ghost’s unique nervous system and encoded body plan (the ecto-signature) remains in the upper energy levels of the Ghost Zone at all times, remotely controlling their body. Danny can chemically change his body between ectoplasm and regular matter, and has both a normal physical brain and an ecto-signature.
Consider… for just a moment… chubby Katelyn…. Like her vixen outfit is a little tight and no thigh gap,, soft tummy,, soft girl,, listen:
- her fingers aren’t long and slim and she bites her nails until they bleed, but her hands are?? Adorable?? something about them that Aaron just loves,, what great place for a diamond ring, hmmm??,, ,
- she has the cutest dimples when she smiles tbh
- and right after a game,, when shes a little more out of breath than the other girls, and her cheeks are red, and her hair is falling out of her ponytail and sticking to her forehead,,
- wow im weak, what a beautiful and talented girl, I’m in love
- Aaron works out extra hard so that he can be Strong and carry her all day and give her piggyback rides because she deserves it
- once everything settles in the minyard vs minyard situation and its okay for her to hang out with the foxes more, she becomes the new designated innocent child that everyone dotes on
- The girls will take her clothes shopping and sometimes things don’t fit right and she gets sad and a little embarrassed because allison is in the dressing room with her trying to get the dress to zip up in the back but it’s just not happening
- allison pops her head out the door and says something to Dan and then looks back and goes “this is absolutely fucking ridiculous, this dress is so cheaply put together, it’s not made to fit anyone, I bet even I couldn’t pull it off,”
- Dan knocks and allison opens the door to take a new dress from her (it’s a little bigger) and she gives it to Katelyn while still ranting
- “you know you almost have to go a couple sizes up just to account for the poor craftsmanship!!”
- Katelyn knows that allison is being overdramatic to spare her feelings but she’s highkey grateful for it and this new dress?? Fits great??? And it looks hella cute on her?? So it’s a win/win
- hear me out,, I’ve learned some tricks for feeling good about yourself when you’re a little bigger and I’m here to tell you that Katelyn’s hair is long. like it frames her face perfectly and ends somewhere below her boobs, and its just kind of all over the place and in the way all the time but she doesn’t have the heart to cut it anymore
- she goes walking with Neil some mornings, and one time they walked passed this guy who started harassing her about her weight and she tried to just ignore him but Neil was NOT HAVING IT, he had to explain his bruised knuckles to Andrew later - Aaron overheard what happened and now he doesn’t hate Neil quite as much
So I have several followers who are working on applying to jobs right now, and by far the most common concern is “what even is a cover letter??” Now, while this post is funny and accurate, it’s not super helpful if you’re looking for specifics. So I figured I should show you mine. Now, without further ado, allow me to provide to you:
~*~ The Cover Letter of Destiny ~*~
[Name] [Address Line 1] [Address Line 2, etc] [Phone] [email]
[Right Justified - Date] (This is just standard business letter stuff)
To Whom it May Concern, [Or Mr/Ms. Hiring Person’s name, if you can find it.]
I’m delighted to submit an application for the [Job you’re applying to] position at [Company/Institution/etc]. After reading the job description I’m certain
I would bring a solid combination of [Skill 1], analytical thinking [or whatever Skill 2 is], and communication skills [This is always my Skill 3] to this position. I’m particularly attracted to this position
because I believe it will utilize the skills I have gained through my industry [or research or whatever] experience, and allow me to apply those skills in new areas.
In my role with [Company] as a [Most Relevant Position Here], I managed a
project [to do some stuff - flesh out your most important/relevant job responsibilities here]. I
specifically focused on [a thing that is the most explicitly relevant to the job posting. In fact, I creatively copy/pasted some of the job posting into this sentence, that’s how relevant it is.]. I was also responsible for [A couple of things that maybe were mentioned in the job posting, or at least show increased responsibility over time]. This gave me the
opportunity to collaborate with a variety of different team members [to achieve a goal]. Through
these and other job duties, I have gained excellent listening skills and the
ability to carry out self-directed tasks in the context of a larger team. [i’m not joking. use this phrasing it’s so great just copy it idgaf]
In my current role as a [Current Title] with [Company], I have continued to build strong skills in project management [or whatever] as well as clear oral and written communication. [Maybe this sentence describes the types of communication (or whatever skill) you do.][This sentence describes briefly the less-relevant work you do]. [This sentence ties in your less-relevant job to the job you are seeking]. These experiences have prepared me well to
succeed in a role as [Name of Position you’re applying to].
Thank you for taking the time to review my materials and
consider my application. I am excited at the prospect of applying my skills to
a [Name or category of position] with [Company], and I feel that the knowledge and
skills I have gained through my experience will be a great benefit to the team.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions as I would welcome a chance
to discuss this opportunity more. [After all, they want to hire you after reading this]
[First Name Last Name]
I hope you find this helpful in your job search! Just remember to focus on skills you learned rather than specific experiences or titles you’ve had. Don’t be afraid of inflating it too far, either. There are real useful skills underlying every job task if you look hard & get creative with your phrasing.
Feel free to send me an ask if you want any specific advice on how to spin your education/work history into the job you want, or if you want a proofreader or cheerleader or whatever. Job hunting is a bad game designed by and for a certain type of person. It’s dehumanizing and horrible even at the best of times, so I’m more than happy to help anyone find a way to beat the system. <3 <3
Are posts being hidden on your dashboard/search results?
As outlined in the official staff post, Tumblr has been updated with a feature called SAFE MODE. This hides explicit posts from appearing, which is great for those who want to use the mobile app in public and are worried about what others might see.
What you may not know is that SAFE MODE IS ON BY DEFAULT. This is why I wasn’t able to see some posts in the #reylo tag when browsing on my phone. You have to turn this OFF if you don’t want anything filtered out.
To do that on the iPhone: Go to your Settings app, scroll down and tap Tumblr and then select “Don’t hide anything” (see pic below).
On Android: Go to your Tumblr account settings and toggle it off (see pic below).
On desktop, I found that the tiny padlock icon at the top-right corner of my search results does the trick. Make sure it is unlocked.
+ 21.06.2017 EDIT – In case ya’ll don’t see my reblog, I’ll paste it here:
For anyone still having issues with this (either the option is not in your settings or disabling it doesn’t work) then it might be due to your age. As the @staffpost says: “If you’re under 18: You’re not able to turn off Safe Mode until you’re older.”
So far there is no way to get around this except to create a new Tumblr account altogether.
+ 22.06.2017 EDIT – Another way to disable safe mode on desktop is to go to your Account Settings, and scroll down to find this:
They’re still rolling this out though so this may not appear in your Account Settings page just yet. In the meantime, use the padlock method above.