People fail to realize just how terrifying it is to be transgender (or nb).
1) The murder statistics, seriously trans people are being murdered weather you want to believe it or not. Do you know how fucking scary it is to read that someone is targeting people like you, and not only do they hate you because of who you are, but they want to hurt you so badly that you could possibly never be identified because of how messed up they made you during a murder
2) it’s not just the straights guys, the LGB+ community has transphobes in it, and it pisses me off. I complained about something, but said I would probably never get the surgery because it hurts and because I wouldn’t have enough money and he said “this is why people think transboys are whiny babies” I had another guy say “oh the only reason i started talking to you is because i thought you were a boy” and when i responded that i was a trans boy, therefore a boy, he told me that he didn’t want to talk to girls and he blocked me. I’ve seen multiple occasions where lesbians didn’t want to date transwoman because of “the dick issue” and people completely ignore the feelings of trans people
3) dating in general! I was talking to some guy before I was in a relationship, and I told him I was trans not long after we began talking and he gave me a long lecture about how I had been “leading him on” or another thing is that people just don’t accept dating people because they have “the wrong parts”
4) Suicide!!!!!!!!! PEOPLE MAKE LGBT PEOPLE FEEL LIKE SHIT EVEN BY ACCIDENT, BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT THAT THEY SAY EVEN WORSE SHIT TO TRANS PEOPLE AND WHEN THEY BECOME SUICIDAL I’VE SEEN PEOPLE SAY THAT THEIR “BODY ISSUES” ARE MADE UP AND THAT THEY SHOULD KILL THEMSELVES BECAUSE THEY ARE ATTENTION SEEKERS. THIS HAPPENS TO GAYS TOO YES I GET IT BUT TRANS SUICIDE RATE HAS SKYROCKETED
5) Family. Yes this happens with gay people too, but a lot of trans people get kicked out, abused, or unaccepted.
6) Sexual assult. Look up the statistics some time, but I know people who have gotten sexualy assulted after coming out.
7) SCHOOL. When i go to school i have a group of friends who use my name, and two teachers that i’m thankful for, but that doesn’t stop your dead name being constantly used. Imagine telling someone “hey my name is Bob” and every time people see you they say “oh hey there Brittney” “Hey Joe!” “Hey Kaleb” “Hey Jessica” or another name, and no matter how many times you tell them, they can’t get it right
8) Bathrooms and Lockerrooms. It’s gotten to the point where I wait till i’m home to go to the bathroom anymore. I hate people seeing me go into the girl’s locker room, i hate them seeing me go into the girls bathroom, and honestly it feels wrong. People see you and either go “oh that’s a girl” or “OMG A BOY IS GOING INTO THE GIRL’S BATHROOM” but then if you go to the boy’s bathroom you get “WTF WHY IS A GIRL IN HERE?! GET OUT” or “okay why is that guy not using a urinal?” or something along the lines of that. (unless you’re MTF then it’s the other way around)
Thank you to trans inclusive supporters because I’m fucking scared of life and that’s not how it should be