The third piece in my new “Tokyo at Night” series that I’m currently painting.
This time I used a photo I took while going shopping late at night with Kana. The bright alcohol shop with a lot of plastic crates and a neon sign caught my eye this time.
Also, I always liked the red (and sometimes green) streets and crossroads that you can find everywhere in Japan and wanted to feature it in this series also.
I used some white, opaque paint for the lighting (window lights, streetlight in the middle etc.) and to add some light blue reflections on the wires.
* Paper: HOLBEIN Waterford natural 300g/m cotton paper
* Sketch: Mitsu-bishi Hi-Uni pencil grade HB
* Line: COPIC Multiliner SP 0.5mm
* Colours: my main 48 colour Schmincke set
* White details: Dr. Ph. Martin’s BLEED PROOF WHITE