- Jack has three pokemon - a Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar because they keep finding HIM on account of his OD. They pretty much keep him sane sometimes because of the stupid shit they do to make him smile. They are very committed to Jack NOT becoming a ghost. They have a training routine that helps Jacks anxiety and keeps them in top form. They are, however, very intimidating.
- Shitty has a Kadabra. he was high AF one day and Abra liked the way his brain was just, spaced. Shitty refuses to train it, saying that it’s a method of slavery and his
is ‘his main dude’ and he won’t be tied into the capitalist methods of keeping a pokemon as a 'servant’ . His
doesn’t give a fuck and helps get shitty high without weed. It’s pretty laid back and often falls asleep in the laps of people in the haus.
- Lardo has a ditto and she won’t tell anyone how she found it. Her ditto is super skilled and lardo never seems to be training it but it’s getting even better all the time. It’s so good at impersonating Shittys Kadabra that no one can tell them apart anymore.
- Ransom and Holster have a Hitmonchan and a Machamp. No one is quite sure who belongs to who, because they both train and look after the pokemon. They had been training them forever before they even met and they tell anyone who’ll listen that they evolved the same day they were called Ransom and Holster by Shitty. They are pretty sure that separating them would de-evolve them even though thats not a thing.
- Dex has a shiny Tentacruel. he caught it as a baby Tentacool, undersized and dying, and everyone thought it was sick because of the weird colour it was - but he refused to give up on it. It’s the single most valuable thing he has - people from all over have been offering him STACKS of money for it. He calls it TeeCee. He feels guilty about not trading it sometimes because it would help his family, but at the same time, it’s his pride and joy. He’s very conflicted.
- Nursey has the world’s most pampered Eevee known to man. He spends a FORTUNE on it, he spends hours every day brushing and petting her. she doesn’t seem to have any inclination to evolve at all, and it’s low key making him worried there is something wrong.
- Chowder has a polywhirl and he’s just so! happy! that his pokemon is a water type?! He is, however, obsessed with Sharpedo as they are the mascot of his Team. The San Jose Sharps. (mwhaha) his goal is to catch one. His polywhirl is training behind his back to get strong enough to take down one for him. You can see it in the lake when Chow is in class, beating the shit out of any wild pokemon it can find. Chris thinks it’s in the pokeball.
- Bitty has a magicarp. it’s the worlds most useless pokemon and he has been bullied FOREVER about it. He used to try to catch other pokemon, but because his starter was such a fail at everything, ever - he was never able to catch any others.
- he actually just walked into the lake near his place when he was 4 and picked up the fish out the water. His parents thought this was a sign he was going to be really great with pokemon, but it turns out, it was just because his pokemon is shit.
- however…because of being bullied for being Eric, and his shitty pokemon, it stunted them both.
- So when he gets to samwell and people are like, dude, if you love your pokemon, whats the big deal? like, look at Chow, he’s only got a starter too, an he’s so happy? and like, no one is making fun of him?
- Except Jack, who is actually legit got a trail of ghost pokemon following him around, who are super strong. he thinks Eric needs to get more serious about training if he’s ever going to get anywhere. Shitty thinks jack needs to back off and stop promoting the toxic 'evolve or bust’ mentality.
- and when Eric is happy, and playing good hockey, and is low key in love with jack
- and he gets checked hard on the ice at that game
- his magicarp full on evolves into a Gyarados and nearly destroys the rink and it takes the whole teams pokemon to stop it.