Now that we have this shot in HD and some context
all 2.5 seconds of it: Let’s revisit what we considered after SDCC.
- Obviously, that’s Pink Diamond, confirmed.
- Still squinting suspiciously at her holding giant destabilizers….
- At least one Gem we don’t know here, possibly “Snowflake” and “Crazy Lace”? The one on the left looks like a Zircon to me, but it’s mostly the hair and the pants.
- Let’s revisit the height comparison between Garnet and Bismuth. There is perspective at work here. Malleable heights for artistic framing, and all. This does not depict Pink Diamond’s literal height.
But now we have some timeline placement pieces of the puzzle, too:
- Pearl defected BEFORE Pink Diamond was shattered.
(A lot of people are already buzzing about her “hand over mouth” secret-sharing disability, and theorizing it’s Some Kind of Spell or Power from WD. This would indicate that whatever WD did to her, it had to have been done BEFORE Pink was shattered, BEFORE Pearl defected, and BEFORE Pearl joined Rose!)
(( P.S.: Regarding the theories that “WHITE MADE HER UNABLE TO TALK ABOUT IT TO HIDE WHITE’S MURDER OF PINK DIAMOND”: It would have had to have been looong premditated, for WD to block Pearl from talking about that BEFORE Pearl joined Rose. Or at the LEAST, premeditated long enough in advance for the Crystal Gems to have grown from Rose and Pearl, to Garnet in The Answer, to finding /recruiting /including Bismuth and the other two.))
- Garnet joined the Crystal Gems BEFORE Pink Diamond was shattered.
(Which also confirms, the Blue Diamond we saw in the Answer was certainly in a different mental state than the Blue Diamond we’ve seen since Steven’s Dream. The whole “BD ran away from Pearl+Rose because she didn’t want to end up shattered like Pink” idea is debunked.)
- Bismuth got involved BEFORE Pink Diamond was shattered.
(Which means, Bismuth definitely had no idea about Rose supposedly already having shattered ANYONE.)
- Amethyst said she’d been “hanging out” in the kindergarten for “5000 years”. And Garnet narrated this as “5,750 years ago”. So, we can conclude that Amethyst emerged a good deal AFTER the initial rebellion, AFTER the war, and AFTER Pink was shattered.
But this brings up an incredibly curious question: