So, here are the Top Ten Posts from My 18th Century Source! The ten entries you’ve liked, reblogged and commented the most. I’m pleasantly surprised that two of the posts are of menswear <3 as you might already know, I LOVE menswear (my graduation collection was menswear of course) so this makes me happy :)
Also: the glorious hats from The Duchess.
Anyway, here are the links to those posts according to the photos from the top:
- The green velvet court coat and matching ivory satin waistcoat, ca, 1790, France.
- My first ever pink menswear post.
- “The Three Witches from Macbeth”, 1775, by Daniel Gardner.
- The fourth of July covers from The Evening Post by the glorious J.C. Leyendecker.
- The women undergarments post. That makes me remember I never wrote the male version of this post. Sorry. It will happen soon.
- The French Nobility post. That made me remember that I did not write the English version of this post. So so sorry. I must make a list.
- Leghorns and bergéres. Because straw hats rule.
- John Singleton Copley’s selfportrait. There’s never enough Singleton Copley. Never. Oh, and never forget that blue stroke on his lip.
- Ikea’s 18th century version of Instagram is just awesome.
- And the useful information of how to get dressed in the 18th century. With an amazing amount of comments about readers’ surprise of the fact that she has pockets.