I wanted to take a moment to point folks in the direction of some of the best D/s blogs I’ve found here on the tumblr machine. Some common threads you’ll find in all of them - wit, humor, intelligence, considered words, insight, wisdom, good advice and of course sexy stuff too! I’ve put notes with them for things I feel are extra important.
Some of these folks I’ve interacted with, some not, and that’s ok - this is meant as a “good info” list, not as a “hey go check out my buddies and get them more followers” list.
If I left anyone off, please don’t have hurt feelings… it doesn’t mean you’re not awesome, just means I’m getting more forgetful as I get older. 👴
So without further adieu, and no particular order….
- vaginaandmagirl & thedominanthand: if you want to see how a healthy and happy D/s relationship looks, check out how these two interact with each other.
- missharpersworld & baroniansmythe: to see how a solid D/s couple look at and take care of each other, look no further than these two. One of the finest “two as one” relationships I’ve ever seen, tumblr or otherwise.
- notnumbersix & Walternate: a little different here, as Walternate (Dom to NNS) does not have a blog… but you get a real feel for the man and the relationship between them in NNS’ posts. Some of the best intra-relationship communications I’ve come across here are shared, without Walternate even having a blog!
- littlemisssubshine & Rb: another one where only one has a blog (I believe; somebody PLEASE correct me on that if I’m mistaken), but reading LMS’ posts really highlight the absolute happiness and joy a solid D/s relationship can bring. You can feel the heart bubbles when you read her posts - just awesome!
Some of these are mentioned above in the couples section, but they’re included here as well for a reason - competent, experienced Doms seem to be in rather short supply, and these people have distinguished themselves in my mind.
- thedominanthand: if you want to see how a well centered Dominant cares for and loves his submissive, TDH is as good as they come. Excellent advice when solicited, super sense of humor, and the way this man looks at his woman??? Just wow. If you’re curious about what goes on inside the head of a good Dom, check his blog out.
- baroniansmythe: in a healthy D/s relationship, a Dom should be completely focused on his submissive; no finer example of that than the Baron. Also an excellent caretaker of the tumblr D/s community - if he SEES bullshit, you had better believe he’s gonna CALL bullshit.
- @mrmattgrey: not sure why the tumblr machine won’t let me link him here; don’t let the blog title lead you to the wrong conclusion - this dude is NOT a 50 Shades wannabe. Example? In response to a recent anon post about his plans for the day, he replied that he had grocery shopping to do… and packing for an upcoming move… and THEN mentioned picking up a new collar for his submissive. In short, this guy keeps it real and in perspective.
- obscenebatman: a new discovery of mine; besides the great blog handle, this guy is a deep thinker who puts a lot of thought and consideration into being the best Dominant he can be.
- thedominantword: no link here, as he is currently taking a tumblr sabbatical that may or may not be permanent, and trust me when I say the tumblr D/s community is lessened by not having this guy around because he’s one of the best. Mentioned here because A) if you happen to stumble across his writings while surfing other blogs, his words are worth taking note of, and B) if he ever DOES come back, you should be all over this guys words.
Ahhhhhh, the ladies. 😊 These women, to me, are superstars. Smart, funny, confident in who they are, willing to share their lives and experiences…. just amazing! Some are mentioned in the couples list, and here again for reasons - these women are forces in their own right! Ladies, you are most appreciated!
- vaginaandmagirl: a prime example of what a happy, well adjusted submissive can be. Frequently shares her thoughts; for those of you who wonder what’s going on behind a subs eyes, this lady is a treasure trove. Gives some of the best advice there is to be had. Also frequently shares moments from her past on the path she & TDH have traveled to get to the amazing D/s relationship they now enjoy, which highlights the fact that such relationships don’t magically appear from jump - they’re BUILT by people who love each other more than anything else in the world.
- subgirlygirl: wanna see what a submissive who is completely in tune with herself looks like? SGG is your lady. This is a woman who straight up has her shit together as a person folks. Always willing to offer some of the best advice around with no sugar coating. Bonus points here for her rapier wit and completely hilarious eviscerations of dumbasses who message her with inappropriate things - she’s made me shoot soda through my nose with laughter at these on more than one occasion! Check her out, you’ll be glad you did.
- missharpersworld: this lady is my happy place on tumblr. Super smart, super sweet… Harper’s the kind of person that if you don’t like her, there’s something wrong with YOU. 😊 Her willingness to share her occasional struggles show that even when you’ve got a great life, things aren’t always rainbows and bunny rabbits - which helps those of us who have similar feelings know we’re not alone in this. You probably aren’t thanked enough for that, so let me do so now… Harp, you are a gem of a human being. 💎
- notnumbersix: another happy place on tumblr, this lady is another prime example of the kind of happiness that can result from a great D/s relationship - just smiles for miles with this one. Another who is willing to share the bump in the road moments that led her to the great place she’s at today, which helps others realize “Oh, it’s NOT just me (or us) that’s had to deal with this!” Woman, you’re awesome! 😃
- slavekate: a lady who is supremely confident and comfortable in who she is. I’ve only recently discovered SK, but I’ll tell you what - if you want to better understand the thoughts and soul of a submissive, there are few better places on tumblr to gain such insight.
- kneelinggirl: listed last here for a VERY important reason… this lady is working on stuff FAR more important than tumblr blogging at the moment (and she’s kicking ass at it), and is much less active than she used to be as a result. As such, I’d ask that you support her and DO NOT inundate her with asks and notes at this time. Instead, go through the history of her blog - this ladies willingness to share her triumphs and struggles is another “it’s not just me (or us) resource.
So there it is, my list of the best D/s blogs I’ve found on here. I sincerely hope that as you discover them, you gain as much by doing so as I have.