hello!! do you know of any ways to stop feeling invalid with your kins? i don't know how to feel about this stuff, but i'm in this group blog in which all of us are kin with a certain fictional character from a video game, but i feel like all of the others are much more valid than myself, and that i just don't belong with any of them... i don't have any kin memories either, but i really wish i did.
that’s a problem most of us have. i know i’m victim to it often, so here are some things i do to help myself feel better:
- indulge in your canon. let yourself get lost in your old home, friends, family, etc
- remind yourself of how you’re like your kintype and how you came to think of yourself as them
- if you have feelings about events in your canon or people you knew, those can also be memories (such as affection for an old friend, missing your old home, etc). list them.
- ask your friends or the others in the blog for reassurance.
- get into a kin shift (i explain how to do this a few posts down)
if the blog is making you feel invalid or fake often, you should probably leave it. any followers should add on with ways that help them!