- Bay Leaves are extremely useful in divination, clairvoyance, and inducing visions. They are useful in other metaphysical skills too; protection from psychic attacks, boosting general magic, and aiding psychic development. Bay leaves are used in clairvoyance and wisdom brews. Leaves placed under the pillow or used in dream work will bring prophetic dreams.
- Bay Laurel is associated with Apollo. When the nymph Daphne tried to avoid him she turned into the first laurel tree, which Apollo adopted as his sacred tree. The leaves were also chewed and burned by Apollo’s prophetic priestesses at Delphi, which ties in to its uses in divination.
- Bay is used for its properties of purification and protection. It is used in consecrating things, dispelling negative entities and energies, spell breaking, and protection against negative magic. When placed in the corners of a home it will protect all who dwell there, and it can be burned to achieve the same effect.
- Bay is excellent when put to use in wish magic or other things regarding bringing about ambitions and goals. Write a wish on a bay leaf and burn it to achieve your goal, use them in spells and charms to bring prosperity, luck, success, and abundance, and use bay to bring about healing and transformation.
- Bay can also be used for: love, passion, harmony, inspiration, wisdom, justice, memory, release, strength, fertility, victory, and employment.
- Bay oil can be used to treat arthritic pains, lower back pain, earaches, sore muscles, and sprains.
- The leaves can be used in cooking, taken in tea, used in herbal baths, and infused in oil.
- WARNING: the oil should never be used by women who are pregnant, should never be taken internally, and you must dilute the oil and use it in small amounts when applied to the skin.