Here are some hints and tips to help encourage and inspire you!
1. Buy a journal or sketchbook with blank white pages so you can express yourself freely without the constriction of lines. (Or if you prefer lined pages, that’s great too!) The thicker sketchbook pages are great for practice. If you don’t want to go through the trouble of buying a journal, printer paper works as a good canvas.
**Using cardboard behind your pages when painting is a good technique to help keep paint from leaking and helps it dry faster.**
2. Purchase some basic art supplies like watercolor paints, acrylic paints, spray paints, letter stencils, colored pencils, multicolored sharpies, Staetdler fineliner pens, etc… These supplies don’t have to be fancy and expensive to work. Take some time to figure out what you like to use and what effects you want to produce with your art.
**A lot of popular journaling techniques involve creating a watercolor background and a mixed media layered effect for their creations. But, this is about you! Get creative and experiment!**
3. Use words, quotes, images, mixed media, and simple and elaborate drawings to create personal pages that express who you are as an artist and writer.
**Get out of your comfort zone and draw things you wouldn’t normally draw. If you don’t like what you’re creating, give yourself time to grow and learn. It’s important to be patient with yourself and let go of your high expectations. Give yourself credit for trying and keep practicing! Don’t give up!**
4. To learn more about art journaling, you can always use Google for more information, look up tutorials on Youtube, check out books from your local library, or even take online art journaling classes. Some classes are even free! There are tons of resources for you to research.
**Don’t wait until the “time is right” or when the “inspiration hits you.” Dive right in and go for it!**
Some art journaling prompts:
1. Practice hand-lettering your favorite words.
2. Practice using calligraphy for your journal entries.
3. Draw your favorite silly emojis.
4. Draw symbols that hold significance to you.
5. Illustrate a cute scene from your favorite TV show.
6. Create your own comic book page inspired by a day in your life.
7. Make your own mandala and color it in.
8. Make a favorite quote page.
9. Fill an entire page with random doodles.
10. Dedicate a page to your fictional or irl crush.
11. Tape in photos from your favorite trip and add meaningful captions.
12. Illustrate a page on how to cheer yourself up when you’re upset.
13. Use stencils to create word art that describes how you feel right now. 14. Cut out your favorite adjectives from the newspaper.
15. Make a “Truths and Confessions” page to release some tension.
16. Color a page red. Write a long rant until your feel better.
17. Illustrate a monster that has scared you and confront it with words.
18. Create a page filled with characteristics of people you admire.
19. Cut out images from magazines that illustrate your dream life.
20. Use a waterbrush pen to write your favorite book quote.
21. Dedicate a page to your favorite band.
22. Doodle and write your favorite lyrics.
23. Write the words you want to say to someone important to you.
24. Sketch a character you’ve fallen in love with.
25. Create geometric or odd shapes. Make them flow together.
26. Use ink and colored pencil to outline your plans for the week.
27. Write a poem. It doesn’t have to rhyme. Let it come from the heart.
28. Write about the people, places, and things that inspire you.
29. Create a symbol that reflects your life. (Ex: zigzag= stressful)
30. Sketch or write a list of things you’re thankful for.
31. Make a favorite holiday page.
32. Make a page for your favorite personal photos.
33. Create a new identity for yourself. Illustrate your personality.
34. Illustrate a scene from a fairy tale or make up your own.
35. Draw a totally new character that represents your alter-ego.
36. Dedicate a page to your favorite colors.
37. Write one word that describes you well in big, bold letters.
38. Go outside. Draw the first object you see.
39. Write/illustrate your surroundings.
40. Create a page detailing your ideal peaceful environment.
41. Let the day’s weather inspire your pages.
42. Express whether you’re a night owl or an early bird.
43. Create a layered effect by using old letters, important notes, etc…
44. Create a personal mantra page. (Ex: “Live. Laugh. Love.”)
45. Doodle your favorite silly facial expressions.
46. Make a page dedicated to the places you want to travel to.
47. Draw your inner god/goddess. Name them.
48. Write about the talents you have and the talents you wish you had.
49. Create a “Good Memories” page to make yourself smile later on.
50. Draw a broken heart. Journal about your heartaches.
51. Draw yourself in your favorite clothes.
52. Illustrate your favorite place to write, read, study, etc…
53. Mod Podge old book pages to your journal page for a background.
54. Spray paint your favorite symbol on the page.
55. Journal about superpowers you wish you had.
56. List the things that make you laugh.
57. Draw your favorite plant or flower and explain why you like it.
58. Use a childhood experience to influence your journal page.
59. Draw a candle and write about how it symbolizes hope.
60. Journal about the habits you want to change.
61. Fill a journal page with compliments to yourself.
62. Create a venn diagram and compare/contrast yourself with a friend.
63. Write a “Note to Self” page.
64. Illustrate a favorite career page and how you want to make money.
65. Create a system of symbols that represent people, places, and things.
66. Make a page dedicated specially for your zodiac sign.
67. Illustrate your most embarrassing moment from last week.
68. Make a page of regrets and write about how you could fix them.
69. Draw a stack of books and illustrate your reading goal for the year.
70. Take a heart stencil and dab red paint inside the lines. Write about the things you love most in the world and why they’re worth living for.
71. Cut out stars from copy paper and glue them on the page to form your favorite constellation.
72. Draw a line. Name one point Start and the other one End. write about how you want to grow as a person throughout your life.
73. Stain your journal pages with a damp tea bag to give it an old parchment look. Once it’s dry, write a magic spell for your life.
74. Find your favorite poem and journal about why it inspires you.
75. Dedicate a page for things you’d tell your younger self.
76. Draw your favorite animal then fill it in with bright colors.
77. Use some of that old junk mail, glue it in, and paint over it.
78. Write a “Pet Peeves” page. Don’t stop writing until you feel better.
79. Write about your day and shape the sentences into a spiral.
80. Draw or write with your non-dominant hand and see what happens.
81. Paint a rainbow and write about what your pot of gold (a goal or a dream) would be on the other side.
82. Sketch a sunset and describe how to bring closure to your problems.
83. Tape multi-colored notecards or sticky notes in your journal. Jot down little positive reminders to yourself.
84. Use only acrylic paint and puff paint to doodle and write.
84. Journal about the wisest thing you’ve heard someone say to you.
85. Write about your addictions/obsessions.
86. Create a simple collage of things you dislike with magazines.
87. Illustrate a door opening and journal about your new opportunities.
88. Draw your ideal relaxing vacation.
89. Make a list of the places you’ve been today.
90. Tape in receipts of the special things you’ve bought.
91. Tape in ticket stubs of the movies you’ve seen this year.
92. Press leaves and flower petals onto the page.
93. Paint or draw old sayings like “The pen is mightier than the sword.”
94. Record a dream and draw a few people or places you saw in it.
95. Journal about your beliefs.
96. Create a new style/font of handwriting.
97. Use stickers and stamps to make a border around your page. Fill in the center by writing about your “stick-to-itiveness” or perseverence.
98. Draw you and your friends from an old photo and embellish the sketch with an inspiring/relatable quote. Capture the happy moments.
99. Use all the colors of your sharpie pens to write out your thoughts.
100. Make a page detailing all the things you want for your future.
Express yourself without fear. Remember journaling is all about you. This is your personal journey, so you don’t have an obligation to show anyone your creations.
Always bring water with you. ALWAYS. Invest in a water bottle that you can carry around with you and don’t let it out of your sight.
Talk to your professors. Go visit their office hours. Ask them questions. Talk to them about your life. They don’t get to just chat with students that often, so hanging out with them regularly makes them feel appreciated.
also, this pays off come job hunt and grad school recs time, because they know you well enough to write letters for you.
Also, thank your profs for everything they’ve done. When I graduated, I gave the profs who had most influenced me and who I was closest to small thank you gifts and notes to thank them for everything they’d done. They were incredibly touched.
If the prof repeats something or writes it on the board, PUT IT IN YOUR NOTES. Usually this means that they think it is incredibly important, and they want you to know it for the exam.
Have a note-taking method, and be willing to be flexible with it. For each class, I had a basic notes method (date in the corner, title of the section underlined, and then black for powerpoint information and color for extra information given in class), but it changed with each class. Each professor will teach differently - don’t be surprised if your notes for each class look a little different.
Do something outside of classes. Whether that’s acting in the school play, joining a Greek organization, or being part of a club, make sure that there is something else outside of course work to keep you motivated.
Take one day off each week to relax. I always took my Fridays off, once classes were done. I’d relax, watch some TV or Netflix, read a book I’d beeb looking forward to, and just chill.
If you need to get out of your dorm, do it. Find some friends and go shopping for a little while. Go sit in a coffee shop. Sit in a bookstore and read. Believe me, this will pay off in increased productivity when you go back to your work.
BUY A PLANNER AND USE IT. I live out of my bullet journal - it has my entire life in it. I’ve also used the New York Public Library planner, which is ideal for students in undergrad.
Color-coding is super helpful. I used one color for each subject, and made sure that my pens, highlighters, etc. matched up. It helped me from getting too confused about what was due for which class and when.
DO THE READING. Even if you just do an academic skim, you’re better off than not doing the reading at all. And your professors will thank you when you’re helping to lead class discussion.
Don’t forget to have fun. It’s college, you’re supposed to enjoy it. Don’t spend all your time in your dorm or doing homework. You’ll find yourself with lots of regrets if you do.
3 Things I Noticed Some People Don’t Know About ACNL
1. You get 2 turnip prices a day. One in the morning, one in the afternoon, everyday except Sunday.
2. If you tell a villager they can leave, and they say something about staying to get to know you better, you can quit the game without saving, reopen the game, and they’ll still ping you wanting to move. Hopefully, this time they won’t change their mind, but you can keep quitting until they decide they want to leave.
3. If you tell a villager to move on accident, or later on change your mind about wanting them to leave, you can keep talking to them until they say something about wishing they could stay, and you can ask them to. This DOESN’T work when they already have their house boxed up.
Today, 4 years ago, one of the greatest bands known broke up. 2 minutes ago, I remembered and started crying.
I am not afraid to keep on living, I am not afraid to walk this world alone, but sometimes I wish I had them to walk with.
If you don’t know who I’m talking about, it’s My Chemical Romance, and I fucking miss them.
Not a band, just an idea, but this idea was the best idea someone has ever had.
Marlene said she knew who was going to be A and AD since the beginning and that AD has been around since the beginning. That doesn’t need to mean that AD is on the pilot but he is in the first season.
Caleb’s first episode is 1x14 and three episodes later, Spencer calls him Artful Dodger. AD.
He lives in the school and has a little lair where he has a lot of phones, money…
Later, in the episode where Hanna and Aria find his lair, he literally appears as -A: black hoodie. And instead of talking to them he runs after the girls as if he was actually -A. Why doing that?
Both of his parents’ last names’ start with D (Dawson and Doyle) so his real last name starts with D.
He lived with Lucas. He and Caleb are the only characters that have appeared reading comics (arcturus hint).
He helped Jenna investigate the girls.
Caleb’s locker combination was 2-1-4. BAD.
When Mona was in Radley, Hanna wanted to visit her but Caleb didn’t want her to go because she could see Cece there or she could find out something from Mona.
Hanna saw Lucas visiting someone in Radley. She went there without telling Caleb but when she got out he was there. Caleb took Lucas there and stayed out because he was watching if someone went there so he could warn Lucas. Caleb was surprised to see Hanna there but then he said he knew she was going there. Lucas got out and they enchanged weird looks like the one Lucas gave to Aria in 7x16 and that look was intentioned.
Caleb wanted Hanna far away from Mona and Radley all the time. The only requirement for her to be there was with Caleb’s presence.
The mask he wore in the This is a Dark Ride appeared in the dollhouse besides Charles.
After he left for Ravenswood, he came back to Rosewood (and the show) in the same episode Lucas was having a party for his girlfriend (who never showed up). Caleb shows up. Was he the ‘famous girlfriend’ and was having a ‘welcome home’ party?
After the dollhouse, Caleb was shady and overprotective with Hanna. He even put a gps in her car. Who also likes to put gps on the girls? AD? A?
The girls went to find Charles/Charlotte’s Radley file to a storehouse and who appeared suddenly? Caleb. He admits to have put a gps on her car. I bet it wasn’t the first time he did it. He took it off but he still wanted to know everything about where Hanna was. He wanted to know if she/they find out something.
In the same episode (6x04) we find out that -A (Charlotte) was watching them because they had a gps chip on their napes. Caleb gave her the gps chips.
They were investigating Holbrook and they find a warehouse. The number of that warehouse (which they believed it was Holbrook’s) was 1017. Episode 1x17 is the same one where Spencer calls Caleb ‘Artful Dodger’.
After time jump clues and S7 clues (Marlene said to re-watch S7 for clues)
Caleb came back to Rosewood after Charlotte’s death.
It was then when he started his game. He wasn’t AMOJI.
He installed the cameras and the security system of the Radley so he could know everything. AD texted some things that happened there.
Caleb had a room at the Radley (said by Ashley Marin in 7x17) but we never saw the room. He was always in Spencer’s barn or in Lucas’ apartment. Suspicious.
Lucas had to meet someone in Radley at the same time Hanna had to find Spencer’s bill she payed with Rollins card. Since she took a while, Caleb had to help her and Lucas didn’t meet with that person because he wasn’t in the room.
AD’s boardgame appeared inside Spencer’s barn. She was shot and couldn’t grab weight but Caleb could have done a copy of the keys and left the game inside.
Hanna asked him for help with the board and he got hurt. That was the fakest incident ever. I mean, that’s an alibi that almost every villain plays: getting hurt from the ‘villain’. Besides, it wasn’t that bad…
He has the same computer that AD.
He has been missing in a couple of episodes.
He hastily asks Hanna if she wants to marry him and like two days after, they get married. He says: If we get married we can’t testify against each other. I MEAN HE’S LITERALLY TRYING TO SAVE HIS ASS.
Disclaimer: I’ve found some of these clues in instagram and twitter (@uberadictos).
You know what?? I want a story where Shiro can’t keep his hands to himself. Fuck slow pinning bs, I want Shrio to wake up one day and see Lance all sleepy with his shirt riding up his stomach as he streches. I want Shiro’s first thought to be ‘thats mine’ then shake himself even more awake because , really self?? And he stammers when Lance askes him if he wants more coffee. I want Shiro to start PRAISING LANCE like the ground was made for him to the point where even Hunk is like 'dude chill’. I want Lance to be there for Shiro is his time of need in the middle of the night when no else is awake so Lance, who can never sleep wtf dude, just meets him, they both watch the stars move around them and Lance hums a song his mama taught him and bam - Shiro is asleep like that. (Best sleep he ever got.)
I want Lance to corner Shiro because he has such a large family and he just KNOWS when someone is upset and at first Shrio is annoyed, until he starts to really talk to Lance. Then all his problems seem so small because Lance makes the problem solving so easy.
I want Shiro to do a double take because, first of all, why is it ALWAYS Lance that goes on undercover missions. SECOND WHO GAVE LANCE PRIMSSION TO LOOK THAT GOOD. Pidge is disgusted.
It gets to the point where the WHOLE team has to help.
Allura keeps hinting at Lance that marriage is always a good choice. (Lance doesn’t get it - okay Allura marry whoever you want sheesh).
Coran keeps pulling Shiro aside with weirder and weirder threats. (“You hurt him and I will do what a gorasack does to a teleflob.”…“O…kay???”)
Hunk just smiles at Shiro before crushing metal in his bare hands. Shiro gets the message.
Pidge gives both the evil eye for like a week before saying “don’t hurt him” which just CONFUSES BOTH.
Keith tried to threaten Lance, but Lance took it as a challenge.
Either way it takes Shiro ages to admit to himself. Then to Lance, that he loves him.
Meanwhile the team already knew and planned it way in advance.
Look again at that dot. That’s here. That’s home. That’s us.
it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of,
every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of
our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and
economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward,
every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant,
every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child,
inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt
politician, every “superstar”, every “supreme leader”, every saint and
sinner in the history of our species lived there—on a mote of dust
suspended in a sunbeam.
The Earth is a very
small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the endless cruelties
visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely
distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their
misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent
their hatreds. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those
generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become
the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.
posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have
some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point
of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping
cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint
that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.
Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere
else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate.
Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is
where we make our stand.
It has been said
that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is
perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than
this distant image of our tiny world.
Nothing At Stake- Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4 / Part 5 / Part 6 / Part 7 / Part 8 / Part 9 - “Emilia Crawford has always hidden herself in the shadows, she goes unnoticed by most except one, Jughead Jones, her only friend in the world. When she makes him a scandalous offer, can he really refuse?” - WORK IN PROGRESS - smut
A Little Less Sixteen Candles: - Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4 / Part 5 / Part 6 “Mona was never the fool to believe that those sappy rom-coms she loved so dearly were anything but fiction, but that couldn’t stop her heart from holding out for one tiny miracle. When Jughead Jones finally asks her to the prom, albeit as friends, she starts to believe that happy endings might exist after all. -COMPLETED
Colour Soulmate AU / Part 2 - “Erica Mars has seen the world in its many colours from the tender age of eight. Unsure with what to do with this revelation she hides it from the world, at eight she has more important things to think about then the concept of ‘True Love’. As the years pass, however, hiding the status of her (non-existent) love-life proves to take its toll on her heart and of course sitting across from her soulmate everyday does nothing to help.” (Hints of Beronica and Barchie)
Four Times You Told Jughead Jones You Loved Him, and the One Time He Said Back - Part 1: “
The first time you told him you loved him it was because he needed it.”
Slumber - Jughead comforts you after a long and tough day.
Sunbeam - A short and sweet moment capturing what it’s like to wake up next to your best friend.
Regret - Jughead x OC (Amy): An alternative to Jughead’s birthday, one drunken mistake leads to a lifetime of regrets for somebody on that fateful night.
The Drive-In Closes Down - Pretty self-explanatory, Twilight closes down and the reader comes to comfort Jug - sad/angsty
Blue and Gold [Part 2] [Part 3] - You are assigned with helping the only person in Riverdale who seems to hate your guts for no reason, you’re determined to get some answers - fluffy/angst
He’s Just Not That Into You - Based on Gigi and Alex in the film of the same title, not really a fic or a drabble more of a quick prompt.
Dancing with Jughead - You try desperately to get Jughead to dance with you at a party -fluffy/funny
Fire - You are suffering through your first panic attack, you have no idea what is happening to you but luckily one of your bestfriends is here to help - angsty and friendly Jughead X Reader
Pop-Tarts - Your brothers annoying best friend moving into your house shouldn’t be a massive problem right? What about when you start to develop a crush on said ‘annoying best friend’ - an Andrews!Reader fic.
Can I Kiss You? / Jealous Jughead / Trapped - A series of short fics taken from dialogue prompts and asks, written on my train journey to and from university, some suggestive themes may occur.
When He See’s Me - A self-indulgent drabble based on the song of the same title from the musical Waitress. You agree to double date with your longtime friend Valerie and her new beau Archie Andrews, and wait - his name is Jughead?!
Trouble - An angsty piece based on the song of the same title by artists Cage the Elephant. OOC!Jughead and AU!Riverdale
BUGHEAD - Betty Cooper x Jughead Jones
Late -‘I was convinced at that time that I loved him, Juggie, but when he told he’d never feel the same way I managed to move on. I could live without the love of Archie Andrews.’ She sighed. ‘But you-’ - Betty laments on her understanding of love.
Reggie X OC
Perfect - Reggie watches Katie from across the classroom and wonders how he never noticed her before -very fluffy