I’ve been lax on posting about my carpentry projects lately, so here’s one I finished in the spring. We had an old, decrepit porch swing that stood sentry for at least 10 years, and it finally crumbled into retirement. I’d been scoping out swing designs for a while, and decided to try my hand at making one instead of buying something new. I was able to re-use the old swing hardware, along with 2x4 pine for the swing frame and cedar fence pickets for the seat and back. (omg y’all so much sanding, those fence pickets were rough, but they were also cheap, so I got what I paid for I guess.) I’m very happy with how it turned out - solid enough for four kids to swing on it like a ride at a fair, and still hold strong.
This project spurred me to make a whole flurry of outdoor furniture this summer, most of it chevron-themed, because once I fixate on a design, I beat it into the ground. I’ll post some of those projects too!
(If you want to catch up on my other home improvement shenanigans, check out my ‘burning down the house’ tag.)