Go after her. Fuck, don’t sit there and wait for her to call, go after her because that’s what you should do if you love someone, don’t wait for them to give you a sign cause it might never come, don’t let people happen to you, don’t let me happen to you, or her, she’s not a fucking television show or tornado.
Ok but I just want to take a moment to consider the idea of Delphine actually being accepted into the family:
- Felix and Delphine having drinks and sharing hair products and Felix painting her as they discuss their favourite style icons
- Alison showing her the craft room and coming back a few hours later to find the surfaces covered with handmade cards (the main one being one with a big red heart and the words ‘je t'aime’ in the middle) and Delphine sitting there with glitter on her nose looking pleased with herself like ‘I’ve never done anything artsy before’
- teaching Kira French so that they can have secret conversations at dinner time and Kira calling her ‘auntie Delphine’
- being left on 'Helena duty’ which involves making sure she doesn’t accidentally kill anyone, introducing her to French food and discovering she’s really good with Helena’s twins
- going on holiday to England (aka the only European destination she hasn’t been shipped off to yet) and Mrs S being her tour guide for the best pubs in the U.K.
- Sarah getting all defensive if anyone says anything against her sister in law and refusing to admit that Delphine’s hugs are actually the best (she found out when she finally thanked her for everything she’d done for the sisters)
- her and Cosima being genuinely happy for once and going on actual dates sharing bottles of wine by the river and going on midnight walks so that they can stargaze and visiting markets to buy each other cute presents and getting drunk and arguing about science and falling asleep on the sofa only halfway through a film