It’s come to my attention that some people have yet to see Firefly. I feel the need to spell out precisely why this is something that needs to be fixed as soon as possible (in short, it’s the characters. Because of course it’s the characters). With pictures. Which are not mine, but gathered from all over the internets. Okay? K.
1. If you don’t ship these two, I’m pretty sure it’s just because you haven’t seen them yet. Really. Look at these heart eyes and tell me you don’t ship this. I dare you.
2. Awesome female friendships
3. The best sibling relationship other than Oliver and Thea that I’ve ever seen on television. I swear, I hope my kids grow up, they love each other like Simon and River love each other or like Oliver and Thea do.
4. Dinosaurs (or more specifically, Wash and his dinosaurs. Or just Wash. And his dry, dry beautiful sense of humor)
5. Arguably the most badass person on the show is a wife in a happy marriage and a veteran and second in command (to someone she’s not) married to and none of this is at all contradictory at all and hell yes to that
6. There’s an optimistic, colorful, young engineering genius who is a bit socially awkward but insanely loveable and if you don’t think she and Felicity would be BFFs inside of 5 minutes, I genuinely don’t understand
7. This jackass. He’s horrible. Literally, horrible. You shouldn’t like him, but god damn it he’s just so funny you can’t help it. The hat helps, too.
And… I rest my case. In summary… watching Firefly would be an excellent life choice for those of you who have not yet done so (and not a bad life choice to rewatch for those of you who have).