What the Avengers are doing at the end of Age of Ultron is all well and good, but.
- Wanda crying herself to sleep, curled into a ball because she has never been far from Pietro but now it’s an uncrossable distance.
- Wanda trying to use her powers on herself, so she can see him smile again, hear his voice, take safety in the shelter of his presence at her side.
- Wanda turning to her left when she has something to say, because she has always told Pietro first, and he is not there.
- Wanda being unable to communicate what she needs to because Pietro always helped her keep her focus against the noise in her head.
- Wanda slipping into Clint’s head with his permission to see her brother die, falling to her knees as the rip in her soul is torn asunder once more.
- (Barton holding her, rocking her and murmuring comfort into her hair.)