Eczema is an irritating skin disease that ranges from chronic, itchy minor rashes to raging acute eczema flare-ups with open, oozing sores that require bandaging.
Eczema is often attributed to some sort of food or airborne allergy and can be minimized by determining the allergens and adjusting accordingly. Eliminating chemically sprayed veggies and fruits, processed foods (even so-called “natural” cereals), junk foods, sugars, and artificial sweeteners goes a long way toward curing chronic, adverse health of any type, including skin conditions.
Here are a few natural remedies to soothe and relieve eczema symptoms.
1) Organic cold pressed virgin coconut oil is better than those pricey creams that a dermatologist offers.
2) Apply vitamin E oil, especially natural D-alpha tocopherol with mixed natural tocopherols. You can break open gel capsules for the oils. Avoiding synthetic vitamin E oil is tricky. So read labels closely, research, or ask a reliable sales person. Avoid vitamin E acetate.
3) Make a strong brew of chamomile tea from fresh dried herbs by steeping for 15 minutes minimally. Apply to the eczema area with gauze for 20 minutes. This can be done more than once daily to relieve acute symptoms.
4) Aloe vera gel, especially when mixed with vitamin E oil, is a useful symptom remedy. Gels from freshly cut aloe vera leaves are optimum.
5) Ten drops of gentian tincture before each meal helps the digestive system eliminate toxins that can irritate the skin. Take as often as needed.
6) Cut thin slices of a whole organic cucumber and allow the slices to soak for at least two hours. Filter the liquid and apply it with a clean cloth or gauze where needed.
7) Place 50 grams of ground horsetail plant or herbs in a quart or liter of water and boil for 10 minutes, allow some cooling, then filter the liquid into your bath water for a 10 minute bath.
8) Flower power: Make a tea of calendula, a marigold flower, with five drops of lavender essential oil added, then apply to the affected area twice a day until the irritation is relieved.
9) Skin three organic carrots and boil them till they’re soft. Mash until you get a smooth paste, and then apply to affected areas for 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water when finished.
10) Mix a tablespoon of medical or food grade ground juniper berry (3), with a tablespoon of sage and a tablespoon of thyme into a cup of boiling water, cover and let stand for five or more minutes. Drink the whole cup after your main meal.