Best avocado toast:
- 1 egg
- ½ an avocado
- goat cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
Toast the bread, and fry an egg on the pan with salt & pepper to taste (I also like to add chili flakes to spice things up). Then I spread some fresh pesto on each toast & mash the avocado over the pesto with a fork. Then take some goat cheese (or optional feta cheese), and crumble it on to the toast. Top it of with the fried egg and you are good to go 😍
Butternut squash chili my boyfriend and I made for my family as part of Christmas dinner tonight 😍 it’s so easy to make and will give you tons of leftovers you can use for lunches throughout the week. Recipe below! 👇
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CHILI
1 Tbsp avocado oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp cumin
1 ½ Tbsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
4 cups butternut squash, cubed
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
3-4 cups veggie broth
1 can corn, drained
3 cans black beans, drained
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes (do not drain)
Salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne to taste
Optional toppings: avocado, cilantro, green onion, plain Greek yogurt (amazing sour cream replacement!! - I recommend @fage)
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat
2. Once heated, add onions and sauté for a few minutes. Add garlic, cumin and sauté for another few minutes.
3. Add chiles, beans, squash, tomatoes, veggie broth, and use seasonings to taste.
4. Bring a boil
5. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
6. Top with optional toppings or anything else if you’d like, but it’s also amazing on it’s own. Enjoy!!