Digestive Health: Talkin' Sh✨t
SOOOOOO if you’re like me and your digestive system SUCKS ASS (lol) and you find yourself bloated for most of your life, I want to share some of the things that help me deal with it.
1. Phillips’ Colon Health probiotics. I buy these in bulk from Amazon and take one with breakfast. Not sure how much these help, but they can’t hurt. And I have to say that I used to go to bed every night with a painful, swollen stomach before taking these and now I don’t.
2. High fiber breakfast. Get your oatmeal, get your chia seeds. Eat that while drinking coffee and a lot of water. Move things along in the morning so that you’re guaranteed at least some bowel action. Not to mention it’s satiating.
3. Don’t eat a shit ton of vegetables at once. Yes it’s healthy. But that made me so bloated and constipated all the time. Have no more than a half cup of things like broccoli per meal. Spread it out over the day.
4. CARDIO ACTUALLY HELPS. I don’t do cardio to burn calories, I do it to get moving. I train slowly with weights, but the body appreciates more constant movement for digestion. Even twenty minutes on the treadmill is great. It can relieve bloating THAT SAME DAY. I don’t do it every day though, just incorporate it if you don’t do it already.
5. This’ll be old news if you’ve been to google over and over again, but artificial sweeteners, dairy, and excess oil can be incredibly bloating. Whey protein causes bloat, and when I take it at night I will still be bloated the next day. And a lot of things like protein bars and preworkout have artificial sweeteners that irritate your digestive system an incredible amount. Be careful in your consumption of these things and look at the ingredients. I haven’t cut them out completely, but I strategically eat them (like cutting a Quest bar in half and only taking a half scoop of pre) in order to be nice to myself.
✨ALSO let me know of anything else that has helped you guys✨