Shielding is a practice entirely built on your intention–if you want an eternal shield, you can have it. If you believe in your shield, it will be there. There are many ways that are incredibly powerful with just the slightest trust and a little bit of practice. As soon as possible, start to practice shielding and methods of spiritual protection, since practice, along with your intention, will create the most powerful shields.
Also, you can never shield to much. It’s amazing and very empowering to have layer upon layer of shielding, and the energy and time you put into shielding will really save you a lot of energy and time in the future. Even just walking around, through crowds, cities, etc, drains your energy–negative energy is everywhere, and consciously seeking only the energy for your best and highest good will really, truly, and completely empower you.
You can shield from anything and everything, just make sure to allow in things for your “best and highest interest/good.” ShCast every shield with this affirmation. This allows what people would consider “negative” emotions to still come through, so you can live a balanced life, since not all emotions that are considered negative actually are. This affirmation effectively only allows things that raise or balance your vibration, and help you to spiritually evolve. It won’t cut you off from anything necessary. Shields themselves will never overwhelm or smother you, since they are meant solely for your needs and will always let in positive energy. Here are some simple methods to begin shielding, but you can always adopt them with your own needs and intentions! Do what works for you, just make sure to shield when practicing spirit or energy work of any sort.
Robe of White Light:
Focus for a moment on calming yourself, and once you have a clear mind, imagine a nice fluffy robe around you (I always imagine one like in the game Journey) made of white and protective light. This is the universe’s energy, and nothing ill can penetrate it once it is surrounding you.
It is recommended to repeat once or twice a day to maintain the shielding.
You can also use the affirmation of “I call upon a robe of loving and protective white light, knowing that it will protect me from all energy not in my highest interest. This robe protects me with the power of the Universe/Source/God.”
Ask your guardian spirits (either aloud or through your mind) to protect you.
Always command that the guardians who help that they “come in light.” And if not, say they must leave. You don’t even have to know their name, but if they aren’t here to help, then they shouldn’t be around you. So just command this and all with ill intentions will be forced to leave.
Call on them for a need by need basis.
Imagine your aura (trust whatever color you see in your mind’s eye), and then imagine it hardening, like it’s calcifying around you. It can get as hard as a rock, or like armor.
This can sometimes push away any energy exchanges, so you could feel more distant from positive interactions too. So, it’s best used when a threat is around
Usually lasts between 4 hours-2 days, depending on the strength of your intention.
Draw with a pen, marker, or with the tip of your finger (if you don’t need visible lines) a sigil with the intention of protecting yourself. A sigil is most basically an energetic line (or series of them) with an intention. The lines hold the energy and magnify the intention.
Calm yourself with a short breathing meditation, then focus on what you intend to shield-yourself, another, or a place.
Imagine casting a ball of light towards the designated target, with the intention of allowing the Universe/Source to channel through you and shield whatever you intend to.
Just watch and observe as the shield is built, knowing that it is fully fueled by the energy of the Universe and will stay there, and stay strong, until the shield is released consciously by you.
You can specify this shield for certain purposes, like to only keep a spirit out, or to keep all negative spirits out.
Reiki Shielding and Protection:
In Usui Reiki, there is a technique your Reiki Masters should have taught you about warding and cleansing the room in white light. Channel Reiki energy to do this.
If you are attuned to Reiki II, you should know the 1st symbol and that it can be used to stop all energy that is not in your highest good from coming towards you, working as an effective shield when the symbol is called on.
You need to be properly attuned to Reiki for this.
Similar to the white light or shielding with intention, but focusing on making and empowering a bubble around you.
Replenish this as often as possible, since this is dependent on your own care.
Can be in an oval or a sphere shape. If this is hard to get a hang of, then try just fitting it a couple inches away from your body, similar to auric hardening.
A bubble shield with the intention of existing on top of an underneath bubble shield.
Focus on this shield and set the intention of having it move around like a waterfall. This way, someone sending negative energy has a very small chance of hitting the same place twice.
All of these are built with a specific intention and visualization of the shield. Time around such element used will strengthen the shield, or a conscious meditation to draw the energy towards you and the shield.
Fire shield: Envision burning fire, that will destroy all negative energy/energy not for your highest good, when it tries to enter your energetic space.
Water shield: Similar to the waterfall shield, but with the visual of actual water flowing that can wash away all negative debris or toxicity clinging to any form of bubble shield underneath it.
Earth shielding: This one can block off positive energy too, since it works more like a layer of earth around the person. Though, it can also be envisioned to only grow/manifest around you in times of need or when you’re being attacked or faced with negative energy. It can also block your third eye from seeing outside. Earth shielding can also work as a means of grounding you, which doesn’t have negative effects (as long as you don’t neglect your upper chakras). If you ground yourself to the earth, and your are harmed or shaken by negative energy, you can replenish your energy from the earth.
Air shielding: Envision a fast current of air around you that sweeps away all negative energy or malevolent beings.
Light shielding: A bright white light that totally purifies all energy that contacts it, similar to the robe of white light. Different colored lights can work too, but they all have specific purposes that you should research first.
Ether shielding: Sometimes this works like a portal, transporting all malevolent energy to another place in the universe. Just make sure to set the intention that things in your best and highest interest aren’t affected, and that the travel won’t severely harm anyone who is transported by the portal (since sometimes negative energy can come from just someone in a bad mood).
Chaos shielding: Not always considered an element, but with the idea of scattering any negative energy–the sudden increase in entropy raises the vibration to something more positive.
Shadow and smoke shielding: Imagining either element around you, mostly for cloaking and making your energy less obvious. This is great for astral projection and spiritual travel when you don’t want to be noticed. You can infuse the energy with an intention of how you want to be perceived, like if a threat comes, then you can suddenly raise this shield and make the smoke cause you to seem dangerous, scaring off the opponent.
Imagine a series of halos that spin quickly around you, moving to knock away negative energy if it approaches your space. This can be inside or outside of a bubble or light based shield.
Protection charms and enchanted objects:
Work made by you, when you have a lot of experience, in creating a sigil charm or enchanted object meant for protection. This can also be from someone who has passed down a family protection amulet (just research it and bathe it in light to clear any possible negative energy on it), or from an experienced energy worker making protection amulets, charms, or objects.
Some are religiously charged, like crosses, pentagrams, etc. If this matches your belief, your belief will empower it.
1. Exercise - healthy body, healthy mind. Moving into the body is a great way to promote healthy brain function as it releases endorphins and other chemicals which help to improve memory and cognitive function.
2. Vitamin B - linked to memory & mood. Being deficient in B vitamins can lead to a decline in our mental capabilities, some people even report having hallucinations as a result of having deficiencies in certain B vitamins. The best way to get these in our diets without supplementation is with turkey, beans, lentils & bananas.
3. Reading - learn from the greatest minds in history. Reading not only improves our ability to concentrate but it also allows us to acquire knowledge that can help us along our journeys from some of the greatest thought leaders of all time. Robert Green, Steven Covey, Frederick Nietzche & Napoleon Hill are authors that have shared great wisdom that has led millions to success.
4. Antioxidants - to combat free radicals in the body. Free radicals are chemicals that can be harmful for our cells, they can be accumulated naturally or with the foods we eat - the body’s defence against them is antioxidants. We can find antioxidants in foods such as red kidney beans, blueberries and cranberries - they also help to improve memory & problem solving.
5. Sleep - the body needs time to repair. The majority of us need 7-8 hours of sleep per day, during this time the body repairs itself and the mind can process the day’s events and strengthen the memory. Not getting enough sleep can cause us to have low mood, irritability and poor cognitive function.
6. Avocado - healthy fats. Avocados are made up of monounsaturated fats which are the good kind, these fats are used to create brain cells and they also increase blood flow. The brain needs blood to function optimally, so eating avocados can help greatly, they even help to reduce blood pressure.
7. Creativity - express yourself. Using the mind to create rather than just to get through the day-to-day stuff we go through improves our ability to think. Creativity also encourages other ways of thinking about problems we encounter because we are using different parts of the brain.
8. Vitamin E - a vital nutrient. Vitamin E is essential for brain health, a deficiency of E vitamins can lead to the early onset of Alzheimer’s disease as well as poor brain function. We can find Vitamin E in leafy greens, kiwis and nuts - adding these into our diets can help us to avoid mental decline in old age.
9. Meditation - clearing the mind. From approximately 8 years of age the left and right hemispheres of our brain begin to disconnect - meditation can help us to reconnect the hemispheres of the brain and promote whole brain synchronisation. Meditation also increases the brain’s ability to make physiological changes such as increasing grey and white brain matter - grey is for muscle control and sensory action & the white matter carries nerve impulses.
We don’t need supplements to become our greatest versions.
As a healer, I regularly work with the aura to heal the pains of others. The aura reveals information about areas of the body that are holding physical, emotional and spiritual pains, and being able to see this allows a healer to work on removing this negative energy. There are seven layers of the aura, and each layer reveals information about energy that has attached to the body.
Aura is referred to in many spiritual and religious traditions, from a halo around the head of Christ or the Buddha, the rainbow body discussed in Dzogchen, to the parts of the soul discussed in ancient Egyptian beliefs.
Some people can see the aura with their physical eyes in the same way that they might see someone wearing a red shirt. This is rare, and there are people who tell you that you can see the aura by screwing up your eyes and looking at someone like you need a pair of sunglasses. This kinda works, but when someone can see an aura physically, they don’t need to screw their eyes up and look at people funny. Most people see the aura in their third eye or in their “mind’s eye,” or physically sense the color of the aura. This is where they see in their mind and not physically with their eyes. Some may not even see any color at all but sense something wrong in the aura and what that is connected to. The aura also constantly changes colors as a result of spiritual influences, emotions, the physical body’s processes, etc. The aura is not one color for life as a lot of people seem to believe, and you don’t upgrade your aura color in the same way as a karate belt. It’s just flowing and changing constantly and may reflect a mix of multiple colors and energies.
Aura levels There are seven layers in the aura and each reveals information about someone. These can be looked at to glean information on what needs to be healed. Accurately reading these layers can assist someone to fully recover from any condition. Etheric body: The etheric body extends 12cm from the physical body, and contains an imprint on the health of the physical body and the senses. It is connected to the root chakra. (Muladhara) Emotional body: The emotional body is connected to emotions of the self, potential and motivation. It is affected by suppressed emotions, rage, anger, depression etc. It is connected to the sacral chakra. (Svadisthana) Mental body: The mental body reflects a map of mental illnesses and pain, and when it is balanced it will keep the rational mind and the intuitive mind cooperating. It is connected to the solar plexus chakra. (Manipura) Astral body: The astral body holds an imprint of the heart. Relationship pains with family, friends and partners are held here, as well as any hurts relating to discrimination and negative beliefs that have been used against someone. This is the body that travels to the astral and allows us to connect with spirits. It is connected to the heart chakra. (Anahata) Etheric template: The etheric template will hold pain related to the expression of the self, and how we relate to the world around us. Balance here helps us to find our place through speech, creativity, expression etc. It is connected to the throat chakra. (Vissudha) Celestial body: The celestial body is connected to the intuition, the spiritual realms and divine love. This is where evidence of spiritual attack can be seen the most. It is connected to the third eye chakra. (Ajna) Ketheric template: The ketheric template is a protective force that surrounds the aura layers, that is strongly connected to universal love. It restricts incoming energies and if it is blocked or out of balance it will be unable to block spiritual attack. It is connected to the crown chakra. (Sahasrara)
Aura blockages Aura blockages result due to negative energies that have attached to the body. These can come about due to almost anything, from physical illness, racial discrimination, holding hate in the heart, emotions, or even just listening to a friend talk about their back pain (and then you take on the pain yourself). Healers often talk about meeting people whom have pain in the exact same spot that a friend carried pain. In my own healing journey I’ve experienced blockages due to someone mistreating part of my body, to blockages in the throat chakra and etheric template that came about due to screaming or talking out of anger. So blockages can come from almost anywhere, and you’d be surprised what your body can carry around that you hadn’t even thought about.
Aura Colours The Aura can be multiple colours in each of its layers one colour, or the colours can hang around a particular spot on the body. Really there is no limit in the potential for variation here. The list below is some of the basic interpretations of the basic colours. There is always potential for variation in the colours as well or potential for unusual colours that may not be listed below. Red: Related to the physical body, and the more dense the colour is, the more intense the worries and fears that are collected and carried in the body, and the more damage to the DNA from emotional and spiritual attachments. it is connected to survival and the instinct. Pink: Loving, tender and compassionate nature. Can indicate clairaudience. When this colour is dark or muddied it indicates evidence of negativity being carried due to dishonesty or immaturity. Often the colour found around a pet when nearby their human. Orange: Emotions, vitality, creativity. Muddied colour indicates disturbances in self understanding. Yellow: Life and spleen energy. Colour of awakening and inspiration. Intelligence and playfulness. Muddied colour indicates struggling to maintain control, fatigue and stress. Taking on too much at once mentally. Green: Related to heart energy. Indicates growth and balance, a healer and love centred person. Often the colour of a pet’s aura when around their human alongside pink or yellow. Muddy green indicates jealousy, resentment and playing the victim. Blue: Cool and calm, the colour of beginning spiritual awareness. Related to the throat chakra. Peacefulness, clairvoyance and spiritual energy. Muddied colour indicates a fear of the future and unwillingness to face the truth. Purple: Purple is the colour associated with the pituitary gland or spirituality. Visions of the highest level, someone connect with spiritual love. Grey: A blockage Black: A negative aura, sucks energy into it. Indicates spiritual attachments to past life hurts, entity attachment, spiritual attack, etc.
1. Favourite foods - nurture the body & the soul. Eating our favourite foods is a great way to make ourselves feel good - however, it’s also worth mentioning that if our favourite foods aren’t healthy they should be consumed in moderation.
2. Sleep - allow the body to repair. There’s nothing quite like a good night’s sleep to restore our energy and set the tone for a day full of self-love oriented activities. Resting is a vital component of our self-care routines - more rest, less stress.
3. Movies - feel good films. Watching movies that make us feel good is a form of self-love because we’re filling the mind with what we love. For best results watch movies with a positive message and comedies - a personal favourite is Mean Girls.
4. Exercise - get that endorphin release. Endorphins are feel-good chemicals that are released from the brain when we exercise. Moving into the body also helps us live in the present moment which removes distractions from the past & future that can encourage low mood that results from overthinking.
5. Music - headphones on, world off. Listening to music that makes us feel good encourages us to move into the body and be present in the now and also helps reset our mood. Putting on our favourite songs when we’re having a bad day can help to alleviate much of the stress we’re feeling.
6. Friends - surround yourself with positive energy. Spending time around those who love & support us will help with lifting mood because we take on energy from the people we surround ourselves with.
7. Animals - present moment masters. Animals are always present in the now and spending time with them brings us into the now and the now is where life is happening. Animals are constantly sniffing, watching, listening, touching and tasting and this reminds us to lose the mind and come to the senses to ground ourselves in the now.
8. Meditation - unload the mental baggage. Meditation allows us time to do nothing, to literally sit with our eyes closed and not think about things we “have to do”. This time is extremely valuable because it allows us the opportunity to set down the baggage of daily thoughts we carry and be completely present in the now.
9. Nature - raise your frequency. Spending time in nature lifts our mood because we surround ourselves with peaceful mental imagery - these images are stored in the subconscious and drawn on to create thoughts. Peaceful imagery in - peaceful thoughts produced, negative or stressful imagery in - stressful thoughts produced.