What are all methods you use to shiny hunt? Any specific ones or anything? Or are a good few of them just luck and only some by method? Cause from what I've seen you've been pretty lucky! Which also makes me wonder if you have a shiny charm? If not how far are you from it in needed Pokemon?
Oh damn questions ok- Well, I haven’t tried soft resets yet because I’m not too interested about shiny special pokemons, but I do Masuda and SOS.
I do have a shiny charm because I completed the Alolan Pokedex :D
For Masuda (egg hatching): There are a few methods to make the shiny come faster (in generation 7).
- Most of my pokemons are french, and the other pokemon in couple with them is a foreign Ditto (my game is french and this Ditto is british). Having a foreign Ditto will multiply your chances of getting a shiny by four.
- I have the Oval charm, which is a charm that increases the chance of getting an egg. It makes the whole egg collecting process faster.
- To make the hatching faster, I have in my team a Pokemon that has “Flame Body” as a talent (so for my case, I use a Talonflame). This talent, I believe, divides the number of steps to do by two. (therefore the hatching speed is increased).
- With all that the shiny chance is reduced to 1/1336, but the Shiny Charm allows you to divide this by 3, so it gives you ~1/445 chance to get one!
- If you want to make the process even faster, disable the manual disposal of eggs and make it automatic so your eggs get send automatically in the PC when you go get your eggs. With your “Flame Body” talented Pokemon, go pick 5 eggs in your team each time and use Tauros to reduce the number of your steps. Go and pick eggs from time to time and send them to your PCs until the 5 eggs you have in your team hatch, and if none is shiny, repeat the process!
- Reminder that SOS is a method that’s only available in gen7 so far. Basically, it’s making a pokemon call for help over and over until the helping Pokemon that appears is shiny!
- My SOS team is made of Decidueye, Lurantis and Xurkitree.
Decidueye and Lurantis both can learn False swipe (reduces enemy to 1 HP) and Synthesis (self healing). That way, you can increase the chance of the enemy Pokemon calling for help, and minimize the use of medical items with Synthesis because your Pokemon heals itself! Having two of them reduces the use of Leppa Berries since I can switch between them, because they have similar attacks.
Xurkitree is just one of my favorite pokemons because I love it’s design, and also because it can learn Hypnosis and Thunder Wave. Paralysis multiplies the chance of catch by 1,5, and sleep by 2, as well as making the shiny enemy stop calling for help and preventing you from catching it. (obviously, try and get a team of Pokemons that are way more powerful than the shiny you’re hunting, above lvl 70 is best!)
- I have over 900 Leppa Berries. XD These are extremely important because they allow your Pokemon to regain 10 PPs to moves that have dropped to 0. And believe me you’ll drop by 0 quite often.
- There’s a rumor that says chains are very important. Basically, chaining the Pokemons that are called for help (basically summoning the same Pokemon over and over without Pokemons from any other Pokemon families interrupting this chain, or without interrupting the battle) increases your chance of getting a shiny as it progresses.
- Don’t forget to switch the Pokemon who calls for help to the newly summoned Pokemon every once in a while, so it doesn’t run out of PPs itself and kills itself to end the battle, so you don’t break your chain.
I’m probably telling you things you already know, but who knows! I have no idea if the people who follow me are interested just a bit about shiny hunting, but it’s a newly found passion of mine and I love talking and learning stuff about it, so why not, maybe this can help!