wooooooo Hanamaki general headcanons please?
- He isn’t going to continue with volleyball in college, and Oikawa’s honestly mad at him for it. He doesn’t really care, though. As much as he loves the sport, he really doesn’t see himself devoting to it professionally like Oikawa and Iwaizumi.
- He’s really into murder, well, murder cases, really. He’s obsessed American crime shows like Forensic Files, The First 48, and even fictional ones like CSI Miami and Law & Order. He’s honest he could get away with murder, at this point, from all the things he’s learned.
- He actually really wants to go to school for law, but is a bit afraid he isn’t smart enough to do so. Matsukawa, who in no way, shape or form has his shit together, keeps pushing him to go ahead and take the damn opportunity before it slips away, so at least one of them ends up sucessful in the future.
- The biggest sweet tooth on Earth belongs to Hanamaki Takahiro. If it’s a dessert, you bet your ass he’s going to be eating it, even if it’s candied cockroaches. (which he’s had before. It was for a dare, but he has to admit he actually liked them. For their senior trip, Oikawa had dragged the group over to Paris, which Oikawa loved, because “Paris is the fashion capital of the world, after Milan, don’tcha know”, and Hanamaki loved it because dear lord, if France is known for anything, it’s their pastries. (There was a croquembouche ((cream puff tower)) at the hotel they were staying at and, upon seeing it, he cried a bit.)
- He has an awesome relationship with his little sister, who’s in her first year of highschool. She’s just like him, except, “her hair is much prettier”, according to her. Neither of them really care what they say around each other, and the entirety of their banter is extremely casual. They’ll talk about anything from global warming to Reddit 50/50 and never feel awkward about it later on. They’re more like friends, than anything.
- During the summer, when nothing is forcing him to wake up in the morning, he’ll sleep until 3 in the afternoon. He’ll stay up until 5 in the morning, too.
- He absolutely broke down on graduation day, more than anybody. More than Oikawa, to the group’s shock. The only real friends he’d ever had were those three, and the mere thought of never seeing them again once college started was horrifying. He wasn’t childhood friends like Iwaizumi and Oikawa, who were inevitably going to share the same casket together, and although Matsukawa and him are best friends, the idiot has a terrible habit of leaving everyone on read, and eventually, one day, just going to leave him on read forever. He can’t cope with the feeling of loss, especially when it comes to the three most important people in his life.
- He has a bad habit of sticking his hands down his volleyball shorts, and that habit has diffused outside the court, as well. Sometimes, he’ll catch himself doing it in a really formal place with his mom standing right next to him, or in the middle of class. He doesn’t really bother to cut it, though.
- He has an honest to god gum addiction, or something. On a daily basis, he’ll chew four pieces of bubblegum at a time, and although it disgusts Oikawa, Iwaizumi can’t help but wonder how in the world this guy’s jaw hasn’t shattered yet.
- He tried spiking up his hair once, but found that it only made his already big forehead look even bigger, like an oversized solar panel, or something, and swore he’d never spike it up again.
- He’s a huge stan of Pink Floyd. Matsukawa says that he’s pretentious, but he prefers the word, “bougey”, as Oikawa would call it.
- He doesn’t own a normal pair of socks. Every single pair either has a plant or some short, an animal, or a logo of a band. His favorite pair is the full body of an ostrich.
- He loves pufferfish, for some reason. As a kid he owned about twenty t-shirts with cartoon pufferfish on them, and it wasn’t until he was fifteen did he find out that people in his own country ate them. Needless to say, he was devastated.
- He was one of those really, really picky eaters when he was a kid. From age three to nine he constantly tried convincing his mom a diet of jolly ranchers and cream puffs was healthy.