So I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Lots of thoughts bouncing around. Some spoiler free thoughts:
- Loved it.
- Gamora has a much more….consistent/fleshed out personality in this one? I love it.
- That’s actually true of basically all the characters. Especially Drax and Gamora.
- Rocket steals the show. And other things he should not steal.
- Also Nebula. Nebula was WAY more interesting and dynamic.
- Really strong theme development and BEAUTIFUL color palette. DC, takes notes.
- If I have one major complaint with the film, its that it has too many antagonistic forces, so the focus gets split. Lesson: Never more than 2 antagonists. Any more than 2 and things get dicey.
- Groot is so cute and the movie is very very aware of this.
- Mantis is very likable.
- Holy shit, 3 named female characters, each with their own minor character arc not directly tied to romance in the film? MARVEL STUDIOS, YOU SPOIL ME.
- Stay until the very very end of the credits. There’s like 5 stingers.