• The Yuris arrive at the museum together, and Yurio is quick dashing to the costume display
• Yuuri has a mini freak out about his costume being on display, worrying if it has been washed properly because he’s scared it might smell sweaty
• Yurio notices that someone is listening in, so Yuuri teases him that it may be one of the Yuri’s Angels. Yurio gets angry, starts shouting at the listener, so Yuuri quickly calms him down by saying that the listener doesn’t look like an Angel
Yurio: Whatever, maybe it’s one of your stupid fans then
Yuuri: Ehh, my fan?!
• Yuuri politely excuses them both, shuffling Yurio off to the next section
• Yuuri begins to pour compliments over Yurio’s short program, saying that it was “super amazing” and that he’s impressed with how Yurio surprassed Victor’s SP score record
• Yuuri comments that Yurio really made the program his own by the time they reached the final
• Yurio goes off, insisting that he still thinks the Eros concept suited him better than Yuuri. He complains about Victor all around, calls him an idiot… Then, softly mutters about how Yuuri did do a great job with his programs in the final, making them into something that suited him perfectly
Yuuri: Ahh, Yurio… you cried at the end of your free skate, didn’t you?
Yurio: I fucking didn’t!
Yuuri: All that emotion coming to a close, it’s easy to understand that your tears fell like waterfalls…
Yurio: Shut up! You’re the one who’s always crying, pig! Last year, you were crying like a piglet in the toilets!*
Yuuri: Not like a pig, but it’s true that I did cry last year. Then again, the fact that a Russian yankee kicked the door down trying to intimidate me is also true…
Yurio: Who are you calling a Russian yankee?!?!
(*Yurio says “buhibuhi” which is the sound of a piglet squealing. So he means that Yuuri’s crying sounded like a pig’s squeal, basically going “oink oink oink.”
However, Yuuri is clearly extremely unaffected by this, and remains gentle and teasing throughout)
Yuuri: Oh hey, Yurio… where’d you go off to with Otabek the day before the final? I saw it on social media, posts about a Kazakh carrying off a Russian…
Yurio: Hey, don’t you know?! My eyes are ones you can’t forget after seeing them just once, like those of a soldier!
(*Japanese “huh” can be quite mocking so Yuuri’s making fun of that statement, in his disbelief)
• The Yuris come up on the “Victor area” and Yurio is distraught by all the Victors, saying being there gives him a bad feeling
• It is also at this point that Yurio realizes… Yuuri is a hardcore Victor “otaku”
Yurio wants to get through the section quickly, but Yuuri lingers a bit. He talks about how it brings back lots of good memories
Yuuri: When I first saw Victor, I felt so inspired to continue skating. I wanted to get stronger, and I got a lot of that strength from Victor…
• Yuuri states that it is still hard to believe that Victor showed up in Hasetsu without warning, and ended up becoming his coach
(Yuuri speaks so softly and affectionately when talking about Victor, my heart)
• Yurio interrupts Yuuri’s sweet musings by yelling, “DUMBASS! You are always talking about Victor, Victor, Victor, nothing but Victor!”
• Yurio shouts that HIS era has begun, and that he is going to wipe Victor off the map. He asserts that next season he’s going to come out at the very top, so everyone needs to watch out
• The Yuris come up to the Kiss and Cry. Yuuri talks about how he put everything Victor taught him into his free skate performance. He says he felt so light and happy to be skating the Yuri on Ice program. He says he had no idea that he would end up breaking Victor’s FS score record, still sounding amazed
• Yuuri congratulates Yurio for winning gold in the GPF
• Yurio insists that both of his programs are great, and that Yuuri is only better at him in one aspect (FS). He promises that he will overtake Yuuri’s skills soon enough
• Yuuri says that’s good, that he’s looking forward to the next season and seeing how both he and Yurio will grow
Yurio: Hey, I have something I’ve always wanted to ask you… What is that thing you’re always holding onto in the Kiss and Cry?
Yuuri: The onigiri?
Yurio: No! The other thing, the yellow-black-white one!
Yuuri: Oh, the tamago sushi? Do you want it? It should fit right in your bag, here you go (gives Yurio the tamago sushi)
Yurio: What, really?! I’m not giving this back, you know, it’s mine now. This is awesome!
Yuuri: …You’re that happy?
Yurio: Yeah, I’ll give it to Gramps! He like sushi and eggs, so this is perfect! I wanna show it to him right now!!
Yuuri: Wow, you’re so excited… Makes me happy seeing that
• Yuuri and Yurio close out the guide with thanks to their supporters, with both of them saying, “Balshoy spasibo!” (A big thank you!) in Russian
“I have always wanted to have babies and to be a father, but the progression of things has to unfold a little bit before that can happen. My sister has kids, all my friends have children and I love being around them. I am a very nostalgic person, myself, about my own life. There’s nothing more wonderful than watching my nieces and nephews begin to understand the nature of certain social norms, why people do things, and the nature of the human condition. That’s such a beautiful evolution. To some degree that having children, you almost get to relive your own childhood. And so in that selfish capacity, I am eager to have kids because there’s a lot of things that I bet even I have forgotten about my own life. And to watch kids find their way, find their voice, and find their joy, what a wonderful thing to help navigate.”
Ok But for real Taako dropping his disguise spell actually kills me cause you know YOU FUCKING KNOW he was 100% sincere about that shit. You can hear it in his voice, and it actually breaks my heart a little at how he like, actually sounds a little, unsure? like he genuinely thinks Kravitz might feel differently about him now, because of this.
One of my favourite things about Taako is how he’s got this insecure side that we only rarely see? He’s so good at keeping it hidden, pretending like he’s this endless well of confidence, but then you get these little things, here and there. I’m worried nobody else will have me and him immediately glamouring his changed appearance in Wonderland, and so this is what I look like now, and I just wanted you to know in case that changes anything, for you.
And like, the way he INSTANTLY jumps back into troll mode once he’s got that reassurance. Like he has to pretend he didn’t just have this very real, sincere moment., has to pretend like it’s just a prank. cause playing it off like a joke is easier than admitting to being vulnerable. haha that was a actually a test your face is a skull half the time.
I just. I have so many feelings about this scene. I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGS ABOUT TAAKO I LOVE HIM SO MUCH UGH UGHHH
even saw isak on the first day of school and since he was always strategically placed in isak’s line of sight when isak started noticing him, even probably followed him around and sat close to him whenever he could. this means that he saw all the little things no one else noticed. he saw isak yawning and scratching his nose when it was too damn early for anyone to be fully awake. he saw isak stretch his arms above his head and make that high pitched whiny noise. he saw isak hum the postman pat theme song while waiting for the boy squad to show up at lunch. he saw isak struggle with his locker and completely destroy his books every single day. he saw all these stupid things people do when they think no one’s looking and he was completely mesmerized by it
we all know richie is a spicy cocktail of ADHD and child neglect, but can we talk about how the losers came up with a way to let him know he’s going too far without having to be mean about it? “beep beep” is such a nice alternative to “you’re annoying everybody with your hyperactive mouth, calm the fuck down”. especially because i can imagine that’s how he gets spoken to at home. like he has this group of friends who are the only people who 1) want him around and 2) FOUND A WAY TO EXPLAIN TO HIM WHEN HE WAS BEING TOO MUCH WITHOUT SAYING IT LIKE THAT
anyway i love him and i love the losers club and that is all thanks