jealous! isak because isn't that what everyone's here for and it's actually canon like yo boi be cool that other boi will be/is yours
snake!isak strikes again and this time its to Protect His Boy
- even is such a casual flirter and he doesn’t even realize it?? its not even that he’s flirty he’s just naturally very charming and also very attractive according to most people and so that means that he’s just flirtatious and people are all over him all the time and isak is….Not On Board
- we’ve all seen Season 1, jealous isak is not …….. the most trustworthy guy around
- yes yes isak’s changed a lot from season 1 he’s learned his lessons but old habits die hard and its really hard to squash that feeling of inadequacy when you already sorta dont think you’re good enough and you see a hot guy flirt with your boyfriend.
- isak doesn’t bring it up. he Simmers in Silence and falls quiet and starts just. throwing looks here and there. maybe once or twice he’ll say something stingy that’s meant to throw the person off, but he’s spent so much time regretting what he did to eva and jonas he’s not keen on letting his jealousy hurt other people again, so he does his best not to.
- even almost always notices something is Up when this happens but he doesn’t realize its jealousy until the fourth time its happened??? he just assumed that isak didn’t like whoever he was talking to or was irritated by them.
- bc even doesn’t see the conversation he had with that one really gorgeous girl as flirting, why would he be interested?? if isak exists??? and wants to be with him??? like WHY would he ever go for some guy he barely knows in front of isak? it makes no sense in even’s head, so he wouldnt get why isak is jealous until he realizes that isak is glaring at him too. even gets a moment of why is he pissed at me?? and then he looks at the person he’s flirting with and then . Realizes.
- even forgets he’s attractive sometimes its a problem
- and honestly?? seeing isak all grouchy and grumpy is always sort of cute + funny to even purely for the facial expressions and indignant replies, and the fact that he’s grouchy because isak’s a tinnyyy bit possessive of him is just a bonus (any reminder that isak cares about him and loves him is a Good Thing in even’s book)
- so at first, even just sort of laughs it off and rubs isak’s arm and teases him a little bit but isak never finds it funny. and not in the cute it’s not funny! followed by a reluctant grin and maybe a laugh. a genuine annoyance and irritation and quiet no its not funny.
- because isak’s insecure as fuck??? yes he’s gotten so much more confident over these past few seasons but the minute sonja told him that even only loved him bc of his mania, isak believed it immediately. consistently throughout the entire beginning of their relationship, isak believed he wasn’t good enough for even, questioned why would even like him anyways, etc. and while that might have been quelled in the season 3 finale, when they saw + accepted each other, flaws and all, those sort of feelings are hard to shake. its gonna take some time before isak is completely over those insecurities - and seeing even interact in that way with people who seem so much more attractive, and funny, and sociable than isak is definitely doesn’t help.
- even doesn’t really get why its such a Big Deal and whenever he asks about it, seriously, because he wants to know why isak is so bothered by it, isak just changes the subject and makes it pretty clear he’s not ready to talk about it.
- but one day, after even pesters him enough, isak just finally blurts it out. and he’s a little embarassed and refuses to meet even’s eyes and sort of buries his own confession with i know its stupid im stupid i shouldnt worry about us and jealousy is bad and-
- even just hurts a little bit inside bc he KNOWS he was sort of a dick to isak at the beginning of the relationship but he assumed that isak’s feelings weren’t as strong as his own?? that it only became Something for isak later, while it was always Something for even?? so he never thought he was making isak feel inadequate, or like he wasn’t enough - he just thought he was doing what was best for them both.
- even apologizes. and he doesn’t specify if its for the flirting or for the past and isak accepts it as both.
- after that he becomes even more vocal about how much he loves isak than he already is - just to reassure him and also bc he likes talking about how much he loves isak - and there are a lot quiet moments where even strokes isak’s hair and whispers to him, only for the two of them to hear - you’re enough. i wouldn’t want anyone else. there’s only you.
- even doesn’t entirely cease his flirting just bc its just?? the way he talks?? but he also makes sure to loudly + obviously introduce isak as his boyfriend any time he notices that isak’s getting in a Mood.
- can u imagine, in the middle of a conversation about a paper he had due for english with this blonde girl, isak lets out a sigh and even suddenly goes oH YEAH i fORGOT TO MENTION THIS IS MY BOYFRIEND
- this girl is a lesbian she doesnt rlly give a fuck, shes like oh………..ok, anyways, that paper
- isak feels a little better now anyways.
- Jealous Isak. poor guy.