nurseydex royalty au
- instead of being from Maine, Dex’s family is actually royalty from a small country just outside of America’s east coast with about a million citizens.
- Dex is born Fitzwilliam Jacob Poindexter II after his mother’s father and is third to the throne after his mother and brother.
- being the third in line comes with responsibilities much like his brother, but without all of the public recognition, and he has to go through the same kind of grueling education of political wits, charming diplomacy, and easy-going social skills.
- Dex never did well with the latter. he knew how to talk about his passions and what interested him, how to talk with people he cared for and if they had something important to say. but he hated small talk, never understood why he had to stand around in a room full of people he wasn’t going to see again talking about the weather when he could literally be doing anything else.
- but he managed, and his advisers all agreed he would make a fine king if tragedy would succumb his brother.
- so Dex gets that the crown prince’s primary goal is to marry and somehow produce an heir who can further the republic.
- which is why he politely waits until his brother’s engaged and well on his way of becoming the next regent before he tells his parents that he’s gay.