So my friend send me this rant about T.O.P’s marijuana scandal:
So, honestly, this whole T.O.P. marijuana scandal sounds like bullshit to me for multiple reasons:
- Why are they releasing this now? They claim T.O.P. smoked marijuana on October 2016 (I may be really bad at math, but it’s been 8 months) They tested his hair for marijuana and he allegedly tested positive, but traces of marijuana only last 3 months in hair follicles so if tested recently, it would’ve came back negative.
- He’s in the military: If they tested him before entering the military (which he did Feb. 2017) then it would’ve came back positive and he wouldn’t have been allowed to join the military, let alone as a conscripted policeman.
- BigBang has been down this road before: GD had a marijuana scandal back in 2011 and it was “handled”. I highly doubt T.O.P. would be stupid enough to engage in this reckless behavior without at least making sure he’ll pass the drug test.
- A “friend” of T.O.P. claimed he smoked marijuana with him: Nobody knows where this “friend” came from and why he would suddenly confess to doing this, knowing that he will put his “friend’s” career in jeopardy. With friends like this who needs enemies?
- The “friend” mysteriously vanished and now a trainee smoked weed with T.O.P. : Choi Seung Hyun WOULD NOT INVITE A FREAKING TRAINEE TO HIS HOUSE! Seriously guys? Agencies wouldn’t allow that. She’s a freaking trainee and is being held under suspicion of drug use? Probably other drugs besides marijuana. If that was the case and she was being held, she was already screwed on her own. Why drag T.O.P. into this? Desperate for attention? Or just a big pile of lies and this trainee doesn’t even exist!
- The dates and details keep changing: First, they said he smoked marijuana in June. Then they said it was in October. Second, news say T.O.P. denied using marijuana; 5 minutes later YGE releases a statement apologizing for the events and claiming he is “deeply regretting his actions.” Third, news say a friend admitted to smoking with T.O.P. then that changed to a trainee, and now it is being said multiple women were present and they all recently magically tested positive after smoking weed in October (just refreshing your memory: 8 months ago).
- Timing is SUPER suspicious: Not only do they decide to release this waaaaay later than the date when it would’ve at least been plausible, but a week before GD’s comeback as a solo artist? Probably a sabotage for his comeback or something. And to top it off, they want to say the government has a financial stake with YGE (which explains why GD and Park Bom were let off the hook) but now that T.O.P. is involved, he no longer has the protection his label mates had.
Again, I’m not saying he didn’t smoke the freaking pot. Maybe he did, but why release this now?! It makes no sense at all. This is all really sketchy. Theory is: they’re trying to either get lots of attention or covering something way worse than this because that’s just how it goes in Korea. Maybe it’ll clear up soon or maybe we’ll never know the truth, but one thing’s for sure; A LOT of people are lying here. Hopefully this doesn’t affect the other members, since they have no part in this and he’ll get out of this because he did nothing wrong.