So Theo can calm Liam down by just talking to him and being there. Like no soft touches, intimidation or physical restraint. Just him showing up and talking, hitting Liam with cold logic till he starts thinking straight again. Although Theo forcefully pinning Liam against any surface to calm him would be aMaZiNg ;T I just love his discrete way of helping his boyfriend + the way he smoothly went from 'if you kill him' to 'if wE kill him' ugh. Also Cody Christian in that tight black shirt I am out
my buddy. my anon. i feel you, my bro, cody christian is a gift upon this world. ALSO THIS IS A GREAT PROMPT AND I LOVE YOU!! :D and i absolutely love that his reaction wasn’t ‘don’t kill him’ but ‘come on did you think about this’ because it is totally theo. so yes. here we go.
- admittedly, liam makes for a Kind of Terrible Werewolf. even outside the full moons he has trouble keeping a lid on it, although that’s partly his human side to blame. the point is: the mantra, which works for pretty much every werewolf everywhere, is not enough. sure, sometimes it does. but sometimes, it doesn’t even come close to working.
- theo, conversely, is the poster boy for control. (this has partly to do with the wolf/coyote split i’ve detailed in my fic but that’s neither here nor there.) if he hadn’t, you know, absolutely decimated a niche population of supernaturals, or didn’t seem so goddamn threatening every time he so much as looked in someone’s direction, it’d be easy to forget that he was a supernatural at all.
- liam and theo balance each other. i like to think of them as a sort of yin-yang: liam as the sun, burning with the rage of a fiery star, and basically your average beautiful sunshine boy, Good and Wholesome but also about as subtle as a rampaging elephant. theo on the other hand is a lot less obvious, a sickle-claw sliver, a little wicked and a lot mysterious, more inclined to manipulate than to physically force.
- liam helps theo open up and enjoy himself a little, and theo helps liam calm down and keep a level head.
- despite theo’s mitigating force, however, liam is… basically impossible to control when he gets going. and i headcanon that theo is unlikely to be able to really get in liam’s way when he gets going: liam would just toss him aside. i think of werewolves as sort of hulk-like: their strength grows in proportion with their anger (which is partly why they’re so dangerous when feral, but i digress).