I’ve gotten some asks for this and I’ll try to answer this here:
After ACOMAF, I’ll admit I was riding the Elucien mate bandwagon, because the idea of them together and mated seemed cute. But that’s all they were: an idea.
I’d hoped Maas would give us some real Elucien interaction to work with in ACOWAR, had hoped for it, but the reality of it was there wasn’t much.
The broken Elain wasn’t something anyone planned for. In most fanfics and headcannons I read, she accepted her immortality and was content finding Lucien and discovering the bond between them.
But what Maas gave us was a broken girl unsure of reality and dreams. A girl unable to let go of the fiancé she left behind. A girl who struggled to be seen compared to her other “stronger” sisters.
I still had hope that Elucien would pull through. I imagined Lucien sneaking into Elain’s room to talk to her (without Nesta knowing) or him watching her as she walked around the house, staying away from her but failing. We got none of that. When Elain finally talks with Lucien, she asks him if he noticed her, Lucien didn’t say he did.
The only interaction of importance between them (imo) was the eye contact they made before Lucien went to find Vassa. That was when they both truly connected. Besides that, there wasn’t much to work with, though Lucien trying to connect with her and help “cure” her was really cute.
Not compared to the Elriel interactions (which included Azriel risking his life to rescue her, Elain saying to him “You came for me”, Elain kissing his cheek as ‘thank you’, and him giving her his weapon that he has never let anyone else touch). Azriel was also the one who watched her enough to realize she was a seer.
More importantly, he was the one to ask about where Elain was when the cauldron took her, and helped everyone to realize that she had been taken. He noticed she was missing when no one else did.
So, while the idea of Elucien is a nice one (imagine Elain making Lucien flower crowns), it isn’t the reality SJ Maas wrote.
The reality is that Azriel quite possibly could be the love Elain needs (even if he isn’t her “mate”) and Elain could be the woman to show Azriel what real love could be like, not 500 years of unrequited love. (Side note: his shadows disappear when she’s around, something that used to only happen when he’s around Mor).
I’ve heard the argument that Elriel will never be as good as Elucien because they aren’t mates, but SJ Maas has said again and again that even if you’re mates, it doesn’t mean you have an Earth-shattering love. The mating bond hasn’t come in for Nessian yet, and there may be a chance that they aren’t mates (tho it’d be nice if they were mates) but people (including me) ship them all the same.
And Elriel could honestly be as great a couple as Nessian or Feysand if everyone would give them a chance.
It wasn’t like it was intentional. Honestly, that’s just how she was as a person, it was a default. Her go-to. Especially in unique or uncomfortable situations, it’s a good icebreaker and can get a laugh or two out of those around her. By god she didn’t think that it had become such a strong reflex. Or else she would have quit a long time ago. But here she was, staring down at the delicately made flower crown on her pillow.
Saba had accidentally flirted with a fey. She wasn’t sure what type it was- but she had tripped in front of her. With her sharp teeth and glimmering, expressionless eyes. Saba had let out a chuckle on reflex and smoothly grinned up at her while she said: “Guess I fell for you.”
The Fey stared at her before walking away and Saba picked herself and began to walk to class when she realized what she had done. Then she fell again. Her first god damn week in this death maze of a school and she had already fucked up. Saba had been doing alright too, she fed and played with the crows(or passively allowed them to mess with her hair and tug at her clothes while feeding them her leftover curry) and gave respectful head nods to those she passed whether fey or not. Saba had ruined every little thing that set her in the background and now she was standing in a deadly limelight.
But now, gently stroking soft petals of flowers she had never seen before, there was no going back to a subtle life. She carefully stowed the flower crown inside her desk drawer on top of a rarely worn silk scarf of hers. Slightly anxious, Saba put on her usual mug of steaming hot milk and honey along with an additional plastic spider ring. She locked her door and placed a chair under the knob.
The next morning Saba had been trying to decide if she should or shouldn’t wear the flower crown. She settled on should and was careful to take it off when the crows mused with her hair.
But then she made another mistake while sitting in the rain under a pink stegosaurus umbrella. A boy stood outside of the literature building, staring out at the rain and holding loose pages of paper. Saba shouted out to him.
“Hey! You! The one dripping with good looks!-” he pointed to himself and tilted his head. Saba squinted to see if he was smiling. “Yeah! You want me to walk you to where you need to go?” She pointed to her umbrella and stood up when he nodded eagerly.
Saba jogged to him, one hand holding the umbrella and the other held protectively over the crown on her head. She felt her stomach drop as she noticed the lack of a mouth and striking red and orange eyes that adorned his face. She gulped as she held the umbrella higher to accommodate his height.
“So good lookin’, where to?” She wished she would stop talking. “trying to find a place thats as hot as you?” She wished she was dead.
Most of all, Saba hated herself for sounding so calm and casual, her default persona now turning into a massive burden. The fey chuckled and his hair ruffled from a nonexistent breeze. He pointed towards the forest. Saba didn’t bother to stop the groan that escaped her throat.
“Really? Oh…ugh fuck. Yeah, ok. Ok fine ok here we go-nnnnngggghhhhhh fuck.”
She walked with him towards the towering trees, flinching when he pressed closer to her to avoid the rain. Saba stopped at the edge of the wood, looking at him expectantly. The fey did not step out from the umbrella. Saba stared at the dirt and then looked at him, trying to avoid staring at the glowing tattoos on his neck.
“Um…I’m going to uh…give you this…”
She put the flower crown inside of her shirt and handed him the umbrella, giving him a brief wave before sprinting to her room without any breaks. Saba arrived there soaked and shivering.
She emailed her professor telling him she wouldn’t be in class. There was a heart shaped stone on her pillow. The mug had a single lipstick stain on its side, forming a perfect pair of lips. Saba cleaned it out, took a shower and then took a nap. The flower crown and the rock rested inside her drawer on top of a rarely used silk scarf.
Saba woke up only a few hours later, she did her homework and studied for her finals. She made three mugs of milk with honey and added cinnamon. She left one mug on her desk and stepped outside of her dorm room with the other two in her hands. Her umbrella rested on the floor in front of her and on top of it was a sage smudge stick. Saba wasn’t quite sure what that meant but decided to take it as a gift and not a threat and put it in her drawer.
In all honesty, Saba can’t remember the third time it happened and all she can recall is setting out three mugs and receiving twigs, a candle and a bottle of water. Each item was kept safe in her drawer, which now had it’s own iron key to keep her roommate out of it(Saba wasn’t sure if she was a fey or not but hid the key well regardless).
But Saba remembers the fourth time she had caught the attention of a fey. She had just perfected a batch of baklava for her final, she had been offering it to the few brave souls on campus who would accept food from strangers. The fourth fey had approached Saba when she sat in her seat in class, staring down at the 5 remaining treats. The fey had asked for one and without looking up Saba had smoothly replied.
“Sure, you can tell me if they’re good. But I doubt they are sweeter than you-”
Saba was handing them a piece when she noticed the curling horns that twisted and framed the feys face. She kept the polite smile on her face while the fey held out their hand- palm up- and waited for her to dispense the treat. Saba’s fingers grazed against the curved claws of the fey as she set the treat into their palm. She rambled about the cooking process, how she was trying to perfect the recipe as the fey carefully ate the food. The class carried on slowly and dully, Saba found the fey’s uncanny black eyes focused on the container of baklava. Saba nudged the treats towards the fey. She was too frightened to meet their eyes again.
At the end of the day, the tupperware was returned to her in shreds along with a note that gave a thorough but gentle synopsis of her treat. At the end of it, was a ‘$’ followed by the word ‘hair’. She tried not to shudder as she realized this accidental deal and the implications of following through with this request. To keep her mind off it it, she went into town.
Saba bought half and half that day and stocked up on honey. She passed by a Claire’s and ventured inside with a soft smile. That night she set out four mugs, a lock of hair, and several hair ties and earrings. When Saba woke up, her hair was neatly braided and tied with a cotton ribbon. She wore it for two days before putting the ribbon in her drawer.
It wasn’t for another month that Saba was one of the feys face to face again. She hadn’t forgotten the fey’s glittering eyes and sharp teeth but with a smile they were much less terrifying and glinted with a friendly warmth. The next week, early in the morning, Saba walked from the edge of a forest to the door of a building with the fey who’s hot hands warmed hers. There was a blank day in her memory where all that Saba remembers is waking up in bed, the smell of crayons and the gentle caress of feathers on her cheek as she fell asleep. Only three days ago Saba chose to sit next to a hulking shadowy figure whose horns curled tightly and cheeks glowed.
Saba’s days and months passed easier, she would write home about new friends and frequently went to craft and antique stores. There were always gifts, Saba would find them outside her room, in her backpack, sometimes in her clothes or even on her person. She would keep her eyes open for tiny things to give; a packet of seeds on the open book of a sharp-teethed girl sleeping in the library, a piece of coal at the edge of the forest, things that she falls asleep holding and wakes up to find her hands grasping at air, ladybug barrettes left on the windowsill of a slow classroom. Sometimes Saba would gift them nonmaterial things. A story, a listening ear, a whisper, a french braid, a tune, a met promise, a praise, an acknowledgment.
One day while restocking on dairy and honey, Saba returned with a large iron chest and cleaned her drawer- which had become full with gifts- only to find the silk scarf, one she rarely wore, absent.
Can I request RFA reacting to MC proposing to them? c: Was thinking about that earlier today !! lol
I’ve read this HC before and I loooooovee ittttt sooo much I love this headcanon aaaaa I hope you guys like it as much as I do!! -Green
-honestly, it wasn’t planned at all. Kinda. You did have a whole plan for a date, very romantic and a night to remember for sure.
-but when you woke up and saw Yoosung right there, sleeping so peacefully, you just had to do it. God, you just had to marry this man.Right now .
-so you get out of bed as quietly as you can, and you whip him up a sweet cup of coffee that he taught you from his barista club, and some strawberry pancakes with whip cream
-this boy loves sweet things so you write on the side of the plate with caramel ‘will you marry me, baby?’
-you did some basic latte art on his coffee, just a simple heart but you thought it was cute
-you put it all on a small tray and brought it over to the bedroom, where Yoosung was still sleeping
-you set the tray down on the nightstand, and sit right next to him, petting his hair and kissing his shoulders and cheeks to wake him up
-his lil sleepy eyes are so cute that you wanna ask him right then and there but you SomeHow resist
- “I brought you some breakfast in bed, honey” you give him the tray and he’s already surprised because !!! he loves your cooking, but what’s the occasion???
-first yoosung smiles at your cup art and drinks some of that, complimenting how cute you are and how good you are at making coffee!!! maybe even better than him?? ooo
-when he looks at the plate to see what you made, he almost misses the little words by the side. but he does see it
-at first he thinks it’s a joke. were you reinacting one of your books or something??
-but when he looks back at you to see you on one knee by the bed with a ring in your hand he actually screams
-without even thinking he totally throws the breakfast off the bed the coffee is safe on the nightstand thank god and jumps into your arms
-making the two of you fall on the hard floor but he doesn’t care because “yeah!!!! yeah!! yeah, i wanna marry you!!” he doesn’t even say YES he just keeps saying YEAH. because. YEAH!!! we’re getting MARRIED!
-saeyoung deserves the best of the best okay
-so you make a GAME out of it
-you make him search for the ring and it’s so complex that you honestly forgot where you put the ring
-you hid it the other night and woke up at the butt-crack of dawn, waking up your soon to be fiance along with you
-he’s cranky about it, but once he hears that you two are going on a scavenger hunt he’s BLASTING OUT THE ROOM
-saeyoung please put on clothes we’re going outside
-it’s really fuckin cold in the morning so you guys have to dress up warm, which to Saeyoung means 707 layers of jackets heheh
-the puzzle was made to be really challenging because you know how smart Saeyoung is, even if he pretends he isn’t
-it’s kind of like his Valentines Date (DLC) except a lot less romantic ,, and more adventurous
-one moment your in the bathroom until he breaks it apart to find a key, and the next moment you’re in the garage unlocking one of his babes. inside there you find a tub of ice cream, so you go to Saerans room! You find a bouquet of flowers, so now your suddenly at the supermarket! Just like that, and it goes on FOREVER
-the last stop (where the wedding ring is) is at the top of the hill in a small dog park where the two of you had your first date. by the time you get there it’s the middle of the afternoon
-Saeyoung isn’t even TIRED. he’s having so much fun!!!
-he has to climb one of the trees to find the ring, and you’re down on the ground and you kinda just go “o. that’s where i put it” because, again, you fucking FORGOT
-he hangs from one of the branches and hands the ring to you, and you see the confusion on his face, but also the playfulness
- “what could it mean??? i don’t remember a ring in our relationship. hmm… you truly are a master, because frankly, I’m stump-ed.” bu-dum cccchhhh
-you join on in, observing the ring curiously even if you knew what it looked like.
-it was a beautiful ring. you didn’t want it too flashy, that didn’t really match his personality. it had a diamond in the middle, with two moonstones shaped in crescents to hug the diamond on each side. one reason because it was his birth stone, the other because. it was a moon stone. spaaaace
- “hmm, the only time I remember there being a ring in our relationship is when I proposed to you??”
-Saeyoung laughs because it’s like lololol funny joke MC but then all the sudden your getting on one knee and he’s kinda just like. w h a t
- “don’t tell me you’re going to say no and ruin the adventure already? we still have to go to the moon, you know.” You try to be cocky but your voice is trembling. you’re literally proposing to Saeyoung who is hanging upside down from a tree like a damn monkey
-he falls off the tree
- “OH MY GOSH, ARE YOU OKAY??” you try to help him but he’s scrambling away from you. Your heart breaks a lil bc of that,,
-and then you see that your boyfriend is crying and he’s trying really really hard for you not to see and you don’t know if that’s a good sign or not
- “are you crying because you love me or because you’re hurt because I’m really worried about both” a legitimate question you have to ask
-AAGAHHH it’s cause he loves you!!!! hell yeah he wants to marry you!!!
-that’s what he wants to say but he’s crying so much it comes out as a bunch of nonsense. “h yeh.. wa -nanabb… maaaarrRRYYyy-mmm y-yo-uugh-ouuu ehhhehHH!!!”
-after you get him calmed down he kinda just bursts into tears at random times the rest of the day because he’s so overwhelmed with LOVE FOR YOU
-you don’t even beat around the bush with this fuckin dork. You’ve TRIED. it DOESN’T WORK Y’ALL
-if you don’t tell him outright about something, he’ll never know what you mean
-you’re out at a very very fancy dinner. You don’t want to propose there because of paparazzi. you figure that the dinner will help the romantic mood though
-after the dinner, you two go out to his private garden, and you spend the rest of your date there, walking and talking
-at one point you stop the two of you at a small little bench and request to sit down
-you continue talking while you make a flower crown for the both of you because he’s a very pretty boy and you can’t resist.
-also you need something to do with your hands because you’re so nervous and jittery
-by the time you’re finished with them, you place one crown on your head and then offer him his
- “would you like to be my prince, Jumin?”
-he smiles at you, because gosh. u are… so cute. Of course he wants to be your fuckin prince !!!
- “forever. be my prince forever, okay?”
- “okay, MC. I promise.”
-you place the crown on his head, and without really thinking about it you place the ring on the top of his head too
-Jumin is like “?????”
-when he picks it up, and sees it is an engagement ring, he almost laughs because when Jumin looks at you again you are struggling to get on one knee in the grass
- “are you asking me to marry you, MC?”
-UGH YES JUMIN YES I AMaSGHHGH HELp me
-Jumin full out just giggles. He’s got a little blush on his cheeks and everything. he looks damn beautiful. It’s like the guy is shining under the moonlight
- “please god marry me Jumin Han” kinda just slips out of your mouth before you can think about it
-he brings you up to him and gives you a very deep kiss before putting on the ring.
- “MC, if you need me to, I’ll be your king.”
-you had brought the whole RFA together at your apartment for a casual get together and game night
-and you planned to propose with everyone there
-you just wanted it to be fun and memorable for the both of you, and to have your RFA family with you sounded amazing
-you were. v v nervous but you couldn’t tell anyone because literally everyone in the RFA would snitch without even thinking about it they’re terrible
-the party was finally at that calm, but fun air you wanted it to be. Yoosung and Saeyoung playing Just Dance on the TV, Jaehee and Zen chatting about their daily lives and his musicals while you were preparing food with Jumin.
-I think out of everyone in the RFA, Jumin is the happiest for you two, whether he say it or not
-and really…. he was the only one who wouldn’t snitch….
-so while you were pouring drinks for everyone, you told Jumin you planned to propose to Jaehee tonight but you weren’t sure when the best moment would be
-surprisingly he gave you a?? side hug???
-he was so proud of you guys aaaaa
-Jumin wasn’t the most romantic person, but he did give you good advice. Let it come naturally. Don’t think of her saying no, just think of her saying yes, because she will. Jaehee will say yes
-and that was such a relief to hear that you gave Jumin a big ol hug and a smooch on the cheek before bringing out the food
-an hour goes by and you all are playing monopoly
-Saeyoung and Jumin are getting all the expensive houses and constantly competing for each others cards. No one knows how Saeyoung got so much money.
-Yoosung is making a little home with all the really cheap blocks and Zen is pulling his hair as he has to pay Jumin yet again
-then there’s you and Jaehee who watch the fire burn and maintain a normal board of moderately expensive houses.
-and you just feel so good at the moment. You and Jaehee cuddled in a blanket with your friends all around you
-so you turn around, kiss her on the forehead, bring out the ring and ask her to marry you
-ALL EYES ON YOU
-the fighting IMMEDIATELY STOPS and everything is so quiet
- “DAMMIT JAEHEE IF YOU DON’T SAY YES, I WILL” Saeyoung SCREECHES at the top of his lungs and he looks like he’s gunna c r y
-Jaehee does finally find her words and says yes, then the two of you kiss and everyone is standing up and cheering for the two of you
-they force you to do a slow dance together and really you wouldn’t have it any other way
-you don’t want to do it in public, because of paparazzi, but… Zen does love attention..
-so you decide to propose to him after one of his shoes back stage
-you watch the whole performance with a nervous heart and shaking hands
-the whole time you just stare at Zen and you watch how beautifully he sings and preforms. He’s amazing at what he does. You just… feel so proud of him
-you really, really hope he’ll say yes. You need him to. You don’t think you could ever get over it if Zen said no.
-When the show is over, there’s usually a meet-and-greet with all the actors so you have to act quickly before he leaves for that and is too tired for a proposal
-you greet him with a big hug and a kiss, which he appreciates a Whole Lot
- “hey, Zen, I was.. wondering something today.”
- “yeah? what’s that?”
- “would you ever… in the future.. would you ever like to get married?”
-you catch him off guard and now he’s blushing like a FOOL
-of course!! especially if it’s to you, and he winks. He’s just casually flirting but you’re just like THE TIME IS NOW
-you slam down on your knee so hard that you actually start crying and Zen is just ????!!!!!! what h a p p e n e d
-you explain in tears while bringing out the ring that you wanted to propose but you got too excited..
-YOU’RE SO CUTE, O H MYG OD,,,
-Zen just laughs, picks you up and gives you a really big SMOOCH on the lips. pretend i didn’t say smooch because it was actually really romantic
-he dips you, what a nerd
-god, he loves you. he’s looking at you with such a sparkle in his eyes as he says ‘yes’ and putting on that ring, you forget all about your injury and go in for another kiss as he spins you around
-after he smugly shows all his fans the ring in pride
Here is a list of stuff I have read this week - I read so much amazing stuff - I want everyone to check it out too! These were some REALLY Great stories!!!! GO GIVE THEM SOME LOVE!
Unsteady - @victuri-oh-nice - Chapter Update!!! -
Otabek was going to kill JJ. He was going to take the next flight to Canada, hunt him down and kick his ass. Leo: I tried to stop him but he went and did it anyway, I’m sorry! (link)
He Lays Down - chwangdol@babypeche - THIS IS SOOOOO FRICKEN HOT! -
JJ and Otabek accidentally find they have a thing for their boyfriend (while he sleeps).
My So Called Life - @blownwish-blog - This updated this week -
Yuri Plisetksy is a high school sophomore who will do anything to
fulfill his dreams of becoming Principal Dancer of Yakov’s Ballet
Studio, even if it means he can’t fall in love with West High football
star, Otabek Altin.
Purpose - @viktornikiforow -
Before Victor saw the video of Yuuri skating to his “Stay close to me”
he had had no purpose in his life. A small add-on and introducing -
The Hit List -
IllyasJames - After spending some days of in Hasetsu, dealing with
the antics only Victuuri can deliver, the skaters wake up one morning
with dozens of anonymous hate messages on their feeds. Apparently somebody had posted a list of people that were bad for the Sport and every single one of them made it on there.Expecting Yuuri to have a complete meltdown once he reads his messages they are all surprised when he doesn’t.
Bent Out Of Shape -
SKJC - OMG THIS IS SO HOT!!!!!Yuri finds a new use for his legendary flexibility and is eager to show it off to Otabek over Skype.
Watch Me -
In which Phichit has a crush and is very, very determined, and Celestino needs to be the voice of common sense. Somehow.
The Common Cold - @tsarinarina - Too Damn Cute! -
“I don’t know what’s wrong with him,” JJ whispered into his phone from
his place in the doorway to the bedroom he shared with his two lovers,
anxiety creeping into his tone as he watched the youngest of them sleep.
On the Cusp of Dawn - @loveactually-rps -
Otabek bowed to the new Prince and offered the flower crown that his
sister, Sabrina, had made and a basket full of fresh cherries which he’d
collected from their small farm on the cusp of dawn. Carefully, he set
them down on the overflowing heap of gifts. The Prince, who’d just
turned six, frowned at the basket for a long moment before raising his
hand and shoving a fistful in his mouth. Otabek blinked at him, totally
Falling for You - @loveactually-rps -
Otabek gaped at the intricately carved silver frame that held a painting of a face. A big scowling face. The
boy, certainly Prince Yuri, was wearing fine clothes beneath a worn out
cheetah print jacket. His studded crown was tilted on his head, ready
to fall at any moment if the boy decided to sneeze. A distinct pinch of
the eyebrows was a strong indicator of frustration, even anger. Crystal
green eyes - an eye, to be precise, was half visible under the curtains
of his messy blonde hair and was currently glaring right back at Otabek.
Fight Me - @francowitch - “You fucking bastard!” Otabek snarled.The man coughed
and spat out a thick globule of blood, “You got me good there Beka. But
don’t think it is enough to take on King JJ.”“Don’t you ever fucking call me Beka, you pompous asshole!”JJ held out a hand with a smirk, “Are you done? Or shall we go for another round.”
It’s Just a Spark, But It’s Enough
- @zeldaismyhomegirl - THIS UPDATED! Yuri Plisetsky hates being eighteen.After losing the person he
loves the most, he finds himself spiralling into a chasm of self blame
and punishment, causing him to push everything and everyone away from
him.But Yuri’s always been selfish, and eventually not even guilt can keep him away from the things he holds dear.
Pink or Blue? - @boxwineconfession - TWO Updates! It’s time for doppelganger fucking. His Yuri, Yuri, blue lipstick Yuri = FAWL/Cannon YuriOther Yuri, pink lipstick Yuri = Heart Break Beat YuriIf you haven’t read Heart Break Beat, no worries. Yuri is just a little bit more rough around the edges, and also gender fluid.
Why Can’t I Touch It?- @boxwineconfession - HBB - Otabek writhes against the sheets to get his sweats
pulled down, and Yuri can hear the grunt of frustration in his voice.
Yuri can feel the movements of his wrist. The mattress rolls and creaks
with every single pump of his wrist. Yuri can’t help himself. He pulls
his own half hard cock from his pajama bottoms and mimics the slow
motions of his fist. Yuri comes first. Then Otabek. Otabek moves for a tissue immediately.
Yuri isn’t sure what to do. They’re not supposed to do this when the
other person is still awake.
I’ve been listening to “Here Comes A Thought” from Steven’s Universe for a while and it has thoroughly infested my brain. And we’ve had a lot of angst on my blogs for a while now, so have some fluff.
UT!Sans - Blushes whenever you kiss his forehead. Any sweet and affectionate gesture makes him turn bright blue.
- At the first party you two go to, he asks you to dance. He’s all fumbly and awkward, and he steps on your toes a lot.
- The first little gift you get from him is a card. One of those friendship Hallmark cards you get at the convenience store, It’s got a pun on it. He put a sweet heart candy in it.
- He takes you window shopping a lot. You two don’t always have the money to buy everything you like, but he likes seeing how you get all excited when you see something cool.
- The first argument you two have is probably over something minor in hindsight, but seemed like a big deal then. Sans leaves for a while to cool down. And when he comes back and the two of you make up, he kisses your cheek.
- He’s always singing or humming, but if you ask him to sing something for you, he starts blushing and tripping over the words.
- When you have a nightmare, he holds you in his lap and rocks you back and forth, humming softly to you until you fall back asleep.
- He usually tries to go all out when he gets you presents, but he’s bad at shopping for other people. But while he might not find the perfect thing, all of his gifts are thought-out and full of love.
- He’s a surprisingly good dancer, as you find out when you go to a formal party. He can waltz, and you spend the night dancing with him, but since he’s so tall he quite literally sweeps you off your feet a few times when you turn.
- He loves giving you piggy-back rides, and he loves to mess with you during them. Sometimes he’ll pretend you’re really heavy and that he’s going to fall over. One time he did, but instead of dropping you or squishing you, he just fell on his face rather than risk hurting you.
- He loves you so much and he wants you to know that. He tells you that he loves you constantly. Sometimes when you’re just sitting on the couch watching some show, he’ll just randomly say “I love you”
- He likes just sort of laying next to you. Not doing anything in particular, just laying near you and maybe holding hands holding hands.
- When the two of you are sitting around, sometimes he bumps his feet against yours. No real reason, he just likes being near you. And it makes him happy, when he reminds himself that you’re actually there. He still can’t believe you’re actually here with him.
- He likes playing with your hair, no matter how short or long it is. Sometimes he just pets you. He likes scruffing up your hair, it makes you look cute when you’re all fluffed up.
- A lot of the ways he shows he cares is by making sure you take care of yourself. Sometimes he just drags you away from work to sit on the floor and do a puzzle, sometimes he makes you a snack. A lot of the times he just talks to you. About anything or nothing, or just whatever.
- A lot of the time you spend together, he just looks at you. Not touching you or talking to you, just looking at you with this look of awe on his face.
- He’s usually pretty lazy, but when you’re together, sometimes he’ll just pick you up. No reason. He’ll just swing you into a bridal style carry and kiss you.
- When he comes home from Muffet’s he always has a bag of food with him. It’s always your favorite. No matter how unhealthy, or uncommon. Even if you know for a fact Muffet doesn’t cook that dish.
- Sometimes if there’s only one chair left in the room, he’ll try to sit next to you on the same chair. Even if it’s way too small, he’ll give it a shot. It doesn’t help that no matter what sort of pretzel you two make all smooshed together, he usually falls asleep.
- He lets you win in Mario Kart, and Smash Bros.
- He likes holding your hand, just running his thumb over your knuckles. Sometimes he’ll sneak a quick kiss onto the back of your hand.
- The first date you two go on is actually a picnic. He brought Grillby’s to eat of course, but the two of you sit in Waterfall and munch on fries. You get distracted, but then you feel something being put on your head. It’s a crown of echo flowers.
- Sans is actually pretty good at fixing things. If you just have to be your knight in shining armor.” need your car’s oil changed, he can do it. He tries to teach you how to change a tire, but eventually he just gives up and throws an arm around your shoulder. “well, we tried. guess i’ll just have to be your handy-man”
- Getting him to do anything romantic in public is hard, but sometimes when people are distracted, he’ll give you a quick smooch.
- When Christmas comes along, you discover his one true weakness. He can’t tie a ribbon for anything. He actually ties his hand into the bow, and you have to untangle him. He does manage to tie a ribbon you saved from Valentine’s day around your wrist. It says “I <3 you”
- He’s likes putting his head on your shoulder. Just laying his head there and closing his eyes.
- When you’re feeling down about yourself, he’ll sit next to you. And then he’ll list everything good about you. Everything.
-The first time you see him relax is when you’re watching some mind-numbing game show on T.V. He slowly just melts into the couch, and he scoots closer to you. Eventually he just leans his head on your shoulder and sighs happily.
- He love writing love notes to you. Pretty much every week you find a new note, with a flower laid on top of it. The house is pretty much overrun with flowers by now. He buys you bouquet after bouquet of flowers.
- He puts a lot of effort into his cooking. He tries to learn new dishes, especially ones you like. He makes you sweets, or hearty, healthy meals. His favorite thing is sharing a meal with you, even if it’s just a ham sandwich.
- When you fall asleep on the couch, you always wake up to him laying next to you, curled into your side.
- He steals the blankets all the time, but sometimes. Only sometimes. He lets you take out one of the really old, really warm quilts he’s had forever. He likes showing you all the different patterns, and even though he doesn’t really know their meaning, he likes guessing them.
- When you two kiss for the first time, he has to stand on a chair. He nearly tips over, and you have to catch him. And when you’re holding him steady, that’s when he realizes he loves you.
- He always takes you on really elaborate dates. All the time. He puts a lot of effort into them, but sometimes they don’t work out. So he goes with his back-up plan. And the two of you order Chinese food and watch weird game shows.
- When he hugs you, he always bumps his forehead against your’s
- He always gives you his jacket if you look even the slightest bit cold.
- Whenever you fall asleep on the couch, you wake up in your bed, tucked in. Sometimes there’s even a glass of water and a snack on your bedside table.
- He really likes doing little, sappy romantic gestures. If there’s condensation on a window, he’s put a heart with the two of your names in it. Sometimes he serenades you. Other times he picks you up and swing you around and around.
- He takes you on a lot of outdoorsy dates. He teaches you how to ice-skate, and when you trip and fall on top of him he just laughs and kisses your nose. Then he has you hold onto him while he skates you around the lake.
- He likes writing on you. When your reading, sometimes he’ll just take a pen and doodle on your skin. He draws little flowers,and smiley faces. And he’ll let you doodle on him too. He likes having matching drawings on each other, kind of like temporary tattoos
Prompt: In an effort to save two kingdoms, an arranged marriage was made. At his request, Prince Lin-Manuel Miranda was to be wed to you, the youngest daughter in your royal family. RoyalAU. Written for the hamwriters’ write-a-thon Day 1 prompt.
A/N: So you’re going to give me a backhanded compliment and then insult me by telling me my fics are shitty? Well here’s ANOTHER one for you. Two in one day, will ya look at that? *clears throat* Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this chapter and let me know what you think. Thank you for proofreading @how-could-i-do-this ! Also, I’m leaving for a trip soon, so I’m not sure if I have time to write. @nesthemonster - this is for you.
Thanks for reading!
The Miranda kingdom was breathtaking.
Though you’d already seen the scenery – the sprawling green plains, mountains and hills that decorated the horizon, and the fields littered with farmers that tended to their crops and livestock – experiencing it once was not enough for you to appreciate its beauty. As you neared the first village, you noticed that children, boys and girls alike, were running alongside the carriage, waving their tiny arms in greeting. You automatically waved back, giggling when their eyes went wide.
Without much thought about your prior spat, you tugged on Prince Lin’s sleeve to catch his attention. “Say hello!”
He gave you an amused stare but acquiesced, lifting his hand in acknowledgment to the sprinting children. You laughed when they shrieked in delight, their bright smiles shining under the sun despite the growing distance between them and the carriage. “I imagine that you are very popular with the children in the villages,” you teased, tucking the loose tendrils of hair that the wind toyed with behind your ear, “they are quick to idolize people that they admire… and your similar temperaments must be appealing to them as well.”
Prince Lin scoffed and propped his chin on his hand, elbow resting against the window of the carriage. “Are you calling me a child, Princess?” he questioned, regarding you carefully.
You leaned back against the seat, purposely not meeting his gaze as you grinned. “Maybe.”
“I am anything but a child,” he murmured, shifting close, “would you like a proof of my manhood, Princess?”
OMG I LOVE U,WHENEVER I SEE HAMLAF FROM YOU I WOULD SCREAM LIKE I JUST BECAME A DINOSAUR can i have alex wearing a dress and a flower crown and lafayette with a nosebleed?I LOVE YOU SO MUCH U ARE MY JESUS
We need more cute boys in dresses!
also asdfghjkl thank you so much,you are so sweet-
- wears jean jackets
- and flower crowns
- especially daisy chains
- often gets pegged as the bad boy
- but is really the sweetest, kindest person ever
- (also a bit of a prankster)
- (and regular customer at WWW)
- helps lost first years get to wherever they need to be
- and comforts them when they’re sad or worried or miss home
- is referred to as “my brother Teddy” by many first years
- pretends to be annoyed
- but secretly loves it
- cuz that means he’s got a family
- and siblings
- has the bed by the window in his dorm
- so he can stare at the stars at night
- and talk to his parents like they’re there
- and tell them about his day
- he tells Remus about how he’s excelling in DADA
- and he tells Tonks about the girls he likes
- and asks for their help during the next quidditch game
- cuz, you know, it never hurts to ask
- thanks them for their help whenever he wins a game
- often has long conversations with “Uncle George” in WWW
- also helps Professor Neville to tutor students in herbology
- sends Honeydukes sweets home to Ginny and Harry
- cuz he knows how much the two of them and Lily Luna love them
- owns a kaleidoscope
- carries it around in his pocket
- helped Louis Weasley stop crying by showing him the world through the kaleidoscope
- and how pretty everything is if we can only see it
- regularly teases Victoire Weasley about her first name
- and just as regularly gets his ass kicked by her
- definitely changes his hair to red and white stripes during Christmas time
- often sets off fireworks in the courtyards when no one is looking
- and never gets caught
- (everyone knows it’s him, but the teachers let him have his fun)
- is a huge Good Charlotte and Britney Spears fan
- secretly owns every single star wars movie and has marathons with Victoire
- loves life
- loves people
- loves himself
Papyrus: There is someone here I’d like you to meet!
Faris: And who might that be exactly..?
Papyrus: A good friend of mine! *glances back* You can come
*After a moment or two, a short reptilian creature peeks out
from behind Trisha*
???: O-Oh. I guess that’s my cue.
*she steps out, adjusting her blouse, then waddles over toward Faris and Papyrus with an awkward smile*
Papyrus: Faris, I’d like you to meet Alphys!
She’s a doctor who works at a hospital back in my hometown. My brother and her
used to be working partners there.
Alphys: I-I can’t believe I’m actually meeting you in person.
This is.. kind of exciting *takes a step closer to Faris, eyes sparkling
with interest* I-I’ve heard so much about you. You were qu-quite the
troublesome one back then.. but I see that you’re starting to get along with others again *she covered her mouth and giggled. She found the flower crown on Faris’ head rather adorable*
Faris: Mm.. *his cheekbones redden slightly, and he slips the flower crown off his head. He was a little embarrassed*
Alphys: *her brows furrow* But I can’t help but wonder.. H-How is your friend doing? Papyrus told me what happened, and it left me qu-quite stunned that someone would do such a thing. Has she recovered okay?
Faris: *blinks* … *looks away* She’s fine. I healed her up… but she still doesn’t
want to interact with others.
Alphys: *bobs her head* And that, I can understand. I’m t-terribly sorry that happened. You have my sympathy.
*Faris doesn’t speak up*
Alphys: *fingers fidgeting, she feels unease from the
silence* S-So um… i-if it isn’t too much to ask.. mm.. m-may I take a closer look
at your soul?
Faris: *glares at Alphys*
Alphys: *waves her hands anxiously* D-Don’t worry, I won’t
do anything rash! I-I promise! I-I’m just curious to see how much has changed
since my l-last inspection of the soul, which was.. qu-qu-quite a long time ago.
Faris: … *steps back, hand clutching his chest* I don’t
know… The last time I exposed my soul, I got a needle stuck in it.
Alphys: Y-Yes, I know. Papyrus told me about it… I-In
fact, he gave me that sample of the soul fragment in hopes that I might be
able to recreate the body structure of your original form.
Faris: *eyes widen* What..? *glances at Papyrus*
Papyrus: *smiles warily*
Alphys: U-Unfortunately, the fragment was so small, a-and it
had been outside the vessel for so long, that it couldn’t sustain itself and
had… degenerated to dust before I could proceed.
Faris: *focuses back on Alphys with a jerk of his head*
Alphys: *raises her hands* I-I’m not implying that it’ll happen to the rest of your fragment! I-It’s still being maintained inside Sans,
so you should be fine… I-I just want to be sure that.. that incident involving
the hypodermic needle hadn’t caused any serious trauma.
Faris: … *contemplates, then sighs and places his hand over
his chest. As he pulls his hand away, the soul hovers above his palm*
*Alphys readjusts her bifocals and leans in to examine the
soul. Upon closer inspection, she notices a faint grey ring surrounding the darkened
spot inside the soul. Alphys taps under her chin curiously*
Alphys: Hmm… your fragment still seems to be in fair
condition. I-I think it might be j-just enough~
Faris: *places his soul back inside his body* Enough..? Enough for what?
Papyrus: *rests his hand on Faris’ shoulder* Remember how
much you’ve been wanting to have your own body? Well… while you were away, I
wanted to work on a surprise for you. I was hoping, with Alphys’ help, we could
maybe recreate your body using the soul fragment we had… *slumps* but you know
how that turned out.
Faris: Would it have been really possible? Making a body
just by using a piece of my soul?
Alphys: I-It was only in theory. There was no telling whether
it’d actually work out or not. It’s never been done before. A-Attempting it
again would risk the possibility of more of your soul degenerating.
Faris: I see…
Papyrus: But! We have an alternative!
Faris: To creating a body for me?
Alphys: N-Not exactly… You see, one of my patients at the hospital had overheard
of your dilemma, a-a-and he has volunteered to donate his body to you.
Faris: Really? Why..?
Alphys: U-Um… i-it’s best if you discuss the matter with him
in person, but we’ll need to be quick. I don’t know h-h-how much time we have
left, considering the stage he’s in at this point… L-Let’s hurry now. I’ll take you to him.
Faris: Wait… hold on… *looks behind him* .. There’s something
I need to do first.
Alphys: Time is of the essence. We m-mustn’t waste more than
what’s been lost already.. *frowns* I-I’m sorry, but can it wait till after
the procedure? That is.. i-if you are willing to accept his offer.
Faris: I’m sorry.. but this is something I really need to do first *he gives the flower crown to Papyrus* Hold onto this for me *he then takes off before disappearing from view*
Alphys: *reaches out for Faris* W-Wait! *but is too late. Faris is already out of sight*
Another day, another person pushing me, and another day of my flower crown falling off.
"Leave her alone!” Someone, who I saw to be Lafayette, said. Wait, when the heck did Lafayette get here?
“Laf it’s okay.” I said, grabbing his arm.
“But he hurt you.” Lafayette pouted, shooting the puppy dog eyes at me. Oh gosh, not the puppy dog eyes.
“I’m okay sweetheart.” I smiled at him. Sometimes Lafayette just needs to be told that I’m okay, but he treats me so well.
“Here you go bébé.” He smiled, handing me my flower crown.
“Thank you, babe.” I say with a shy smile. His smile is soft, and I’m so thankful for people like him. He’s caring, nice, and not too loud at the all of the right times.
“I’ll see you at home mon amour.” He said, and he’s gone as soon as he was here.
I put my flower crown back on my head, dashing away holding my book on Daveed Diggs close to my chest in a hurry to get to debate. This debate will hopefully open people’s eyes to everything that is happening around them.
“You have no power around here, Jefferson, once you learn the right way to treat people we’ll treat you with kindness, but as of right now you deserve no respect from women if you believe they shouldn’t get an education.” I wanted to win this, I needed to win this! Jefferson is just a jerk who gets his way because he’s rich!
“And why should you get respect?” He smirks. I’m gonna strangle him, I swear.
“Why do you think I don’t deserve respect? I am trying to defend the people who have been put through terrible things through history!” I said, trying not to yell. I’m actually gonna strangle him if he brings up my boys.
“It is wrong to have more than one partner, you should not get respect nor should those four men you are dating!” He snarled, and my blood began to boil. If that bitch is gonna talk shit he’s gonna get hit.
“My personal life shouldn’t have to intervene with this debate Jefferson! This is about women’s education not whether you think I deserve respect or not based on my relationship! So please get back on the topic at hand.” I shouted, my anger surging through me. I’m actually gonna kill him if he doesn’t shut his mouth.
“That’s enough for today you two, tomorrow Hamilton and Jefferson will be debating. Now, class is over.”
“THANK YOU, MR. WASHINGTON.” I mentally screamed, relief flooding through me.
“Y/N YOU DID BEAUTIFULLY!” Alexander Hamilton, one of my four lovers, said cheerfully. He’s always been right by my side since I moved up here to New York five years ago. He’s always been the..loudest out of all my boys. He never shuts up about anything, and honestly, sometimes we have to force him to sleep.
“Alex, baby, please can you shut up? Jefferson’s annoying voice gave me a headache and all I want to do is go home and cuddle up with the three of you ‘till Hercules gets home from work.” I groaned, holding my head. My head, my feet, my everything hurts, and it’s not helpful that I was sick last week.
“As long as Lafayette doesn’t push me off the bed again, we’ll be fine.” Alex chuckled. I giggle and kiss him.
“I love you.” I smiled.
“Oh, I know.” He said with a goofy grin. He’s a dork and I love him, and that’s just how it goes.
“I’M HOME!” I sighed happily. The sooner I got to lay down in my bed, the better.
“We’re in the bedroom sweetheart.” One of the boys said. I had one more class before I came home today and Alex got home about one in the afternoon every day. Lafayette didn’t have class today because his teacher is out at a meeting. John’s an art student, an amazing art student at that. Herc, that’s another story altogether, I met him when he was still in college then he dropped out to start up his business. He refuses to let me buy clothes from other places when I need a dress though.
“I’ll be in there soon, I’m gonna get some food.” I said, my stomach rumbling. Let me give you some advice. Don’t not eat all day.
“Petite lion, did you not eat today?” Lafayette asked worriedly. Lafayette always knows when I don’t eat. He knows when none of us eat, but he just wants his lovers to stay healthy.
“I’ll be fine after I eat baby.” I smile. He kisses my head before mumbling something in French, that beautiful language of his.
“Je t'aime.” I smile, leaning against him because he radiates heat.
“Mmmm, your warm” I say happily, hugging him tightly. He and Hercules are human heaters so in the winter we stay warm when we’re sleeping.
“Mon amour you’re…how you say…falling asleep. Let’s get you to bed.” He said, picking me up bridal style. He’s right I’m half asleep, but I’m still hungry.
“But food.” I mumble tiredly.
“No Y/N you’re tired and Hercules will be home soon. He’ll make dinner okay? Just wait and hour or so.” Lafayette said. He’s so warm…
“Jack?” I heard someone say. John’s hugs are just as warm as Laf’s hugs.
“Yes Y/N?” He said. These boys are my life, they’re everything I need right now.
“I love you so much, thank you.”
Laying in bed, snuggled up with the four men I’ve given my heart to, telling stories about when I first met them. That’s what I enjoy the most. Laf’s story is my favorite of all of them though. We met at a coffee shop he spilt his coffee on me and just walked out of the coffee shop, he didn’t say sorry or anything. It was so stupid and great at the same time, but the next day, he came to class with a new shirt for me.
I already knew Alex from debate class, and he was Laf’s translator because he was still struggling with English. He still does,but it’s getting better. He told Alex to tell me that he was “very sorry, that was super embarrassing and you’re really beautiful.” They all treat me with kindness since they all realized that they were in love with me. Who I was, who I am, and who I will be, and I know that they will be there for me. My four boys are everything to me.
“I love you.” I mumbled before I fell asleep, resting happily in the arms of my four lovers.