Lunar Interlude II – Internal Affairs: TAZ Pre-Finale Relisten Recap
Justin has a Quiznos Crisis™.
- Travis jokes about writing his initials on the relic destruction spheres “like a magic trick”. Exactly like Angus does in the Reunion Tour.
- Magnus trying to hug Lucretia and Lucretia not letting him get close is sad as fuck but what else is knew
- The IPRE crew breaks my heart twice a week. I’m immune
- Lucretia is super bummed out about Captain Captain Bane’s death because the two of them were close friends, but also probably because that’s yet another thing for her to feel guilty about. Yikes.
- [after learning that Robbie’s been thrown in the brig] Taako: “Was it because he loved pringles too much?? Did he pop and then neglect to stop?”
Lucretia: “Hey if that’s a crime, then we all deserve to be thrown in the brig”
- Griffin describes Lucretia as being “flabbergasted” upon hearing about the boys’ meeting with the red robe. Either this was an Oscar-worthy facade on Lucretia’s part, or she was very surprised by the fact that Barry decided to establish direct contact with the boys.
- ANGUS MCDONALD, MY SON
- The Director ruffling Angus’s hair is the stuff dream are made of
- Enter everyone’s favorite nasally nerd lord, Lucas Miller.
- As many people have pointed out, Lucas does talk about the voidfish “popping out a kid that makes us forget our own existence” in this episode. I am convinced that Griffin McElroy relistens to these episodes and cackles maniacally about all of this sneaky fucking foreshadowing.
- This episode is also the first appearance of the E-G-G-B-A-B-E melody. Griffin is on some next-level shit.
- On a personal note, hearing the first instance of the voidfish’s melody after the finale is pretty god damn emotional.
- So is Johann asking the boys if they’re okay with being forgotten if they die.
- So is Taako asking if people would forget his cooking show (and by extension, the incident at Glamour Springs).
- Here’s something interesting: I don’t think Merle speaks at all during this exchange. Taako asks about his show and Magnus claims he’ll never die, but Merle stays quiet.
- Magnus is actually the one that hands Leon the coin this time, which gets him to leave the room. However, Taako makes it a point to put the coin in perfectly and no-scope the crank specifically because Leon’s not there, making Griffin angry on Leon’s behalf.
- Taako gets the cloak of the manta ray on this run, though, which proves to be 100% fucking useless throughout the rest of the campaign. This is Leon’s curse. Nothing will convince me otherwise.
- First occurence of the fantasy costco jingle, which haunts my dreams to this day.
- First appearance of the Flaming Poisoning Raging Sword of Doom as well. Nice.
- This is also the episode where Garfield first acquires Magnus’s blood, immediately making Travis go “oh no am I going to die”
- WELL PAST TRAVIS, DO I HAVE SOME NEWS FOR YOU
- Things that would be useful if the McElroys remember them:
- Merle’s physician’s pendant gives him a 25% chance of retaining a spell slot when he heals someone.
- Merle is able to infuse weapon strikes with divine energy and deal an extra d8 of fire, ice, or lightning damage.
- Okay real talk though. If Merle doesn’t ever use this then I’m going to absolutely lose my beans.
Onto the Crystal Kingdom! Recaps are tagged as ‘Lauren pounds some TAZ’.
Remember not to pop and then neglect to stop, and also have a lovely day!