1. Do the stupid stuff in life, but know your limits. You’ll have stories to tell for later.
2. Love, and love hard - even if you know that they’re just going to end up leaving after it all, it gives you something to live for.
3. If it makes you feel something, do it.
4. For god sake, eat the damn slice of pizza, the calories won’t fucking kill you.
6. Get your heart broken. It’s sad, it’s depressing, and it literally eats away at your insides, but, it’s about living and learning: you were doing just fine before he came along and you’ll continue to be fine after he’s gone.
7. Learn when to walk away: if it’s over, leave; don’t continue watering a dead flower.
8. But also learn to push and fight for what you want. There’s no such thing as bad timing or any of that other bullshit: if it matters to you, do something about it.
9. Choose wisely: by the time you realize that success and dollar bills aren’t going anywhere, she’ll already be gone by then - don’t lose a diamond while chasing glitter.
10. And besides, this world can get pretty lonely, but she’ll never leave you in the dark; she’ll do nothing but support you, trust me.
11. But learn when to stop entertaining him, you deserve better than that piece of shit; if he can’t see your worth then it’s time to find better.
12. Breathe, you’re going to be okay.
— c.f. // “twelve things for the rough stuff in life”