Falsettos Teachers AU !!!!!!
I love teachers aus !!!!!!!!!!! so !!!! much !!!!!!!!!! so here’s a falsettos one! au where the tight knit family are all teachers at a high school. I love these characters so much goddamn it. I’ll call the school McKinley High bc it sounds good (I did not intend for this to be a glee reference but it happened. oops)
- he teaches english lit.
- he gives out loads of hw so a lot of students complain about him, but none of them actually HATE him.
- bc his classes are pretty interesting.
- all of his classes end up turning into a huge debate about the themes of whatever book they’re talking about.
- obviously Marvin n e v e r backs down abt his opinion.
- so his classes are always vv heated, and it always ends up dragging on (and Marvin receives several complaints from the teachers w/ classes after him)
- for some reason he’s the coach of racquetball club, a fact that is considered one of the biggest mysteries at McKinley High, because he is absolute shit at it, members of the club will vouch for it.
- BUT despite his lack of talent in racquetball, he is quite buff (I’m imagining Christian Borle as Marvin here so…. y’all have seen his arms, right????? Marvin is totally super buff)
- obviously he’s the young PE teacher
- that came to the school recently
- all the students love him
- he’s super chill and the Cool Teacher™, he has loads of cool stories about past hookups and things, reeeeeally lax about rules and everything
- he becomes coach of the baseball team as well
- and he’s the ya know the hot young fit PE teacher, so all the female teachers were all flirting with him at the beginning, and he made it V E R Y clear that he was not interested.
- but yes he flirts with the male teachers a lot (he flirts with Marvin too, and Marvin just gets annoyed, although secretly he enjoys it)
- he definitely complains to his students about his love life (which leads to the revelation of Marvin’s sexuality, will write more abt this later)
- the students are the biggest marvin/whizzer shippers & tries to set them up together
- Takes the students out for ice cream during class sometimes, bc who the hell cares?
- music teacher music teacher
- she oversees choir club and drama club too :)
- she acts like a mother to all her students :’)))))))
- when she doesn’t have classes to teach (which compared to esp Marvin and Charlotte, she has way less) she goes out and gets coffee for everyone. (or donuts. they all love donuts)
- She visits Mendel a lot bc they’re bored a lot, the rest of tkf have more classes than them.
- obviously the school counselor!!!!!!! my god
- right so he has a cat (THIS IS CANON) and he brings her to school sometimes, it just sits with his in his office and students just swarm his room during break times to see the cat
- it becomes the Official Mascot of McKinley High
- the tkf eat lunch together in his office sometimes bc its v cozy and he keeps loads of snacks there (also the cat)
- students get sent to him if they cause trouble but they end up playing board games and eating snacks together and cuddling the cat
- students love him and would go visit him even when they have no reason to (mainly its cuz of the cat, but the students love Mendel too don’t worry)
- has had a massive crush on Trina forever, and he thinks he’s being really discreet and everything but actually literally everyone knows
- teaches science !!!!! most likely chemistry
- “does loads of experiments and gets more excited about it than the students” type of teacher
- always has the white lab coat on
- close with Marvin, complains about their students together, and also marks papers / tests together over unhealthy amounts of coffee and red bull
- home economics :)))))
- all the students love her
- she’s supposed to be the teacher but she burns SOMETHING every time they have to cook
- (the students always have the fire extinguisher ready just in case)
- no she is a good cook and everything it’s just,,,, she’s also hella clumsy
- The students try to set her up with Mendel at first (they’re both rays of sunshine and literally the sweetest people ever,, hear me out) but then she comes out to them
- and then they decide,,,,,, Ms. Dubois was saying she needed an assistant for her chem classes 👀 👀
IMPORTANT FACT: the students play matchmaker for the teachers omfg
- whizzer’s students were the first ones who told him that Marvin was gay (he’s not the type to go around yelling about it, although he’s out of the closet) when whizzer was complaining about the lack of attractive gay men in the school
“They’re all either old, or married, or straight! Why did I decide to work here again?”
“What about Mr. Richards though?”
“the WHOMST” (secretly whizzer had his eye on marvin but assumed he was straight) (but now he thinks about it OBVIOUSLY he’d be gay)
- ALSO, Whizzer’s going home for the day when he walks past the racquetball court and sees Marvin trying to teach and failing horrifically, while the students are just laughing.
“God, have you ever heard of form?”
and Whizzer ends up becoming coach of racquetball team. Marvin is demoted to “assistant coach” aka sulking as he loses every game to Whizzer.
pls add more !!!!!!!!!!! I would like to see y’all’s headcanons about this :)))))