character reactions to the s/o leaving them? i need some suffering to fuel my broken soul
//I have read so much smut lately I am so ready to write some angst. I won’t be doing every character because there’s like 23 of the fuckers, I hope that’s okay!
• Hanzo gets angry. He hurls insults as often as he hurls objects, whatever he can get his hands on; photos, ornaments, bottles, he overturns a table and screams at them to talk to him. He slams doors and screams and yells and rants but as soon as his SO leaves and shuts the door with such a dull click of banal finality all the fight goes out of him and he is left knelt on the floor staring at his bloodied hands nicked with broken glass. He can’t even cry.
• Soldier: 76 is silent for most of it. He listens to his SO, he nods and appreciates their viewpoint. They part on what feels like good terms with a hug and a promise to remain friends hanging in the stale air between them. It is only later when he awakes, shaking, sweating, and gripping the sheets underneath him, that Jack realises how much he leant on them.
• Symmetra snaps at them to make it quick when she realises what is happening. Once their point is across, and before they can make any apologies or empty promises, she stands and leaves without a word. She returns to Vishkar that afternoon and throws herself into her work. She is applauded about her newfound extra dedication by her colleagues but their praise rings hollow when she has nobody to share it with.
• Widowmaker has no emotions. At least that’s what she assumes. Of course she always feels alive at the moment of a kill, and she can feel the exhilaration of a job well done, and when her SO leaves all she feels is the comforting normality of emptiness. She gathers her things and sets out on a job. It is only when she notices the looks on the faces of the Talon agents around her that she finds a mirror and notices the stains of tears across her cheeks; briefly, she feels her heart thrum against her ribs and resolves to quash this before it gets worse. Better that it ended now, she decides.
• Tracer sobs. Looking at her normally and hearing her laugh you wouldn’t believe that Lena could weep like this but she does, reduced to sitting on the floor with her head in her hands, howling like a wounded animal. Her SO does their best to comfort her but she lashes out in her misery and tells them that she wishes they’d just disappear. When they retreat and leave she cries until her eyes refuse to carry on, and she is left with merely dry, heaving shakes of her body. She fiddles with the straps of her chronal device, playing that last word over and over again in her head; “disappear”.