Why did you like the beast?
You really want me to give you a list because I’m pretty sure I could go on forever about him. Here, I’ll give you some of the basics.
- He’s got a library, woohoo for being well read
- The original story by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve had it that Beast was a prince who was raised by an evil fairy after his father died and his mother was at war with another kingdom. This evil fairy then tries and fails to seduce him once he’s an adult. When he refuses her, this weenie of a fairy turns him into a beast. She essentially has a tantrum because she got friend zoned. WEENIE.
If you’re with me so far, when I heard this when I was younger I was appalled and completely felt for Beast and knew he was 100% deserving of my love lol
- He’s got a nice voice
- We get to watch his character growth in the movie going from, also a weenie, to a compassionate gentleman. PERSONAL GROWTH IS SEXY
- He’s super big and hey I’m tiny in real life, so size difference is also my jam
- I could go into other inappropriate detail but I’m sure y’all will just use your imaginations