testing out the different alphabets we were given for our final book, I think this is the one I’m going to use for my Hazards of Love book!
Also: some nice fabric I got for the cover! I originally bought some nice burgundy bookcloth for the cover, only to find out that it’s too small. I may end up using it anyway, with a strip of black fabric for the spine, but just in case that doesn’t work out, I also bought this lovely pale leaf-patterned fabric.
SO I think the finished product is going to have gray paper (canson mi-teintes felt gray or pearl, one or the other), this hand in white ink, and either burgundy or dark gray endpapers. YEAH WOO PROGRESS.
also I bought some block printing materials for illustrations but i may die in the process of attempting to do that many illustrations so who knows if they’ll be finished in time
1) Gluing the superstructure onto the binding 2) The sewn signatures + endpapers before the superstructure was put on 3) The signatures, endpapers, and cover board laid out on a draft of the cover fabric 4) ~workspace detritus~ 5) The first page of the little info document I typed up full of all the lyrics, what pages they go on, and the steps needed to complete the project
More WIPs of the Hazards of Love book! I’ve been trying to take more photos, but honestly calligraphy is not terribly exciting! I’ve got until Monday to bind it and do all of the illustrations, ha ha hooo
Hopefully my next photos will be of the actual binding (visible in the last picture, but just barely) and the cover fabric and such.