- (optionally modern) Fiddler on the Roof AU (Where Courf, R, and Jehan are siblings feat. Courferre as Tzeitel and Motel, Enjoltaire as Hodel and Perchik, and Jehanparnasse as Chava and Fyedka. Kinda feeling Bahorel and Feuilly as Tevye and Golde respectively cuz it would be hilarious tbh?)
- Blades of Glory AU feat. Grantaire as Chaz Michael Micheals and Enjolras as Jimmy MacElroy (just because this would be fucking hilarious tbh)
- The Holiday (French Enj is heartbroken after all his causes seem to be failing and Indian-American Combeferre just needs a fucking break so they house swap for Christmas holidays. Ferre meets charismatic Courf (Enjolras’ best friend) and Enj meets ex-politician Valjean who encourages him not to give up on the Cause and composer R who seems pretty depressed but is SO INTERESTING)
- Bride and Prejudice AU. I know there are Pride and Prejudice AU’s but I want the Bollywood one as an AU. It would be awesome! (Indian siblings Ferre, Enj, Joly and Jehan in age order. Courf as Balraj, Grantaire as Darcy, Parnasse as Whickham. Cosette as Chandra, Marius as Mr. Kholi. This would just be another funny one tbh)
- St. Trinians AU? Some kind of school full of problem children. Les Amis would do well there I think. And R would love the whole art theft thing ;) (Feat. Enjolras or Marius (or both) as privileged rich kid who doesn’t want to be left at a school full of maniacs, but rethinks their ideas and becomes wild. R constantly trying to see what Enj is made of and getting him to loosen up through frustrating him. Also feat. Posh totty Courf because YES!)
- It’s a Wonderful Life AU. Has this been done? idk. Anyway, another Xmas one. This would feature R as the one who never got what he wanted out of life. (He wanted so much but never got it and didn’t think anyone cared about him bla bla you know how it goes. In the world he was never born in, Enj never fought as hard for his causes and never got anywhere, and the city lost a lot of its culture)
- Mean Girls (cuz who doesn’t love Mean Girls?) The Triumvirate as the Plastics of course cuz they’re exclusive and unattainable without meaning to be (Enj is unapproachable and Courf and Ferre are too busy pining after each other once Courf gets over Marius) Others are the artsy hipster group. R does a political piece of art and Enj tries to rope him into their group. The group grows. “You can’t date Montparnasse, Jehan. He objectified Enjolras!” “You can’t date Feuilly, Bahorel, Enj had a massive crush on him!” Principal Javert of course. I feel like it could be funny too ;P
- Troll AU as done by Amanda Hocking. Enjolras is a Skojare Markis and Grantaire is the Kanin tracker employed to get his trust cuz he’s the best, although retired now, and ENJOLRAS WON’T TRUST ANYONE WHO TRIES TO BRING HIM BACK WTF ENJ
- Enjolras and Grantaire who always see each other at the same small cinema but always go to see vastly different movies until one day they go to the same movie and argue about it in low whispers the whole time and Enj gets so frustrated he leaves and then R sees him again the next week at the movies. Feuilly who works at the cinema on weekends sees all this and invites Grantaire to an ABC meeting. And angst and UST ensues of course
- Rule 63 ballet school AU where there’s vicious competition and lots of angst. Loosely based off ‘Tiny Pretty Things’ but less cruel, more sex, and gayer. Much gayer.
- An epic 7th year Hogwarts AU feat. werewolf Feuilly, a prank war between Les Amis and Patron Minette, all the ships, and lots of fun times.
- And finally, a Titanic AU. Because it would break my fucking heart cuz I’m a huge sap.
i figure that BLI is pretty tolerant when it comes to binary trans people. the issue comes up when someone doesn’t want to identify as either male or female. it has nothing to do with religion, of course, nor with ““biology””– chromosomes or genitals or whatever– it’s just that BLI believes that it’s too confusing for citizens to have more than two set genders floating around. bad for productivity. BLI already divides everything into a binary, all black-and-white, so gender has to be as well.
gender EXPRESSION isn’t really policed or anything, if you’re dmab and you wanna wear a dress BLI doesn’t care. they only get involved once it’s a question of gender IDENTITY, of pronouns and legal names and markers on documents.
if you get cleared by your BLI physician, the company is more than happy to provide you with hormone therapy through their Gender Reassignment Program. it’s just another set of pills, after all. any surgeries are optional, but still covered if wanted. but to get access to any of these, you have to identify as either male or female, and you have to exhibit “strong enough” dysphoria (evaluated by an appointed professional).
anyone trying to assert that they don’t want either of the two gender markers to be used is obviously misguided. that’s a problem. that’s inconvenient. they get assessed, and if they are found to exhibit dysphoria, then they are prescribed a mandatory transition to the opposite gender. if they are not found to exhibit enough dysphoria, then they are sent away and continue to be marked as their assigned gender.
in contrast, gender’s seen as a lot more fluid once you get out of BLI’s clutches. some joys get out there knowing they’re trans, but some, it never occurs to them until they’ve spent some time in the desert. they’re able to explore themselves more once they’re out of that cage, and settle on what they think suits them best. overall, though, labels and such aren’t so important. lots of joys don’t settle things any further than a set of pronouns.
There’s a lot to worry about, but what’s most chilling is how Pence is… pretty much not talked about. Like he’s a guy who is keeping his shit clean so that he looks like a shining example of virtue right when the country thinks it needs ones.
Y’all im watching Rogue One a third time and I’m getting hit in all the right feels all over again.
“I’m not used to people sticking around when things go bad.”
Thinking of writing a CassianAndor OFC multi chapter fic about after Scarif, elaborating on his history in the Rebellion, and starting a family cause I need some happiness in this world with this band of misfits. What do y’all think? Any suggestions?
I promised myself I wouldn’t do this, but well… I follow a decent amount of Sherlock blogs/people who sometimes blog about the show and in the past week I have seen nothing but hate on my dashboard. Yes, a funny post here and there, but mostly hatred towards either the writers, producers, or actors. Here’s what makes me both sad and angry at the same time.
If you hated the episode so much, why do you still watch the show? Was the episode perfect? No. Were there scenes that didn’t make a lot of sense and plotholes that could’ve been handled better? Yes (in my opinion, at least).
I’ve seen people go to Benedicts filming location in London only to tell him that they hated the episode and that “Sherlolly needs to happen!”, “Johnlock is the only true ship” or “insert whatever argument, there sure are many of those floating around”. I mean, yes, a lot of stuff could’ve been handled better in my opinion (and everyone elses, it seems) but there is seriously no need to be a dick about it to people who make this show happen for us the best way they can.
I know most of you are angry at either Moffat or Gatiss, maybe even other people, and you have every right to feel that way. I feel the same way about some things but I will not go to London to find let’s say Benedict and tell him that. I will not post really nasty things about Gatiss online. There are other ways to handle these things. Write emails to the BBC, send letters, make some beautiful art and send it their way. I’ve seen it happen with other shows and things I’ve worked on and trust me - it works.
I met Gatiss and he is a very smart and kind man and I’m sure it wasn’t his idea to purposely hurt you/me/us. I’m sure Moffat is not doing things to spite us. Maybe he is, who knows? Can I be sure? No.
I am sad that this amazing fandom is spreading hate instead of love and kindness. I am sad that people feel the need to “stalk” actors (in this case, Benedict) only to tell him that they hated the episode, meaning they hated his work, too. Don’t forget that they are just people and that all of this hate is really unnecessary.
You have the right to be angry but please, don’t spread hate. Talk to your friends about it, post about it on here, but do not attack people on social media and/or in person. If you have no one to talk to, I’d be glad to hear you out.
I encourage you to spread fan art, that beautiful fan art I’ve seen none of lately. Write fanfiction, draw your favorite character(s), make art.
Take your broken hearts and make it into art, as our beautiful Carrie would say.
i’m starting to feel like i need to know why people unfollow when they do and it’s not nice because i’d rather be blissfully unaware of their reasons than think of mistakes i’ve maybe made but i also just really need to know why?
Hey so not to sound dumb but what is Christian pure spy and Christian brutal sniper? I see art of it but what is it?
Don’t worry, that’s not a dumb question. No such thing as a dumb question if you learn something from it. CBS was originally part of the TF2 Freaks characters, and CPS was created a little while later to sort of compliment him, so it’s no surprise that some people don’t really know who, or what, they are.
Here are a couple of links about them to check out: