Hello! Can you rec some nonbinary!sirius for me please?? <3
THANK YOU YES LET’S DO THIS!
I’d also like to mention that I have a genderfluid!Sirius tag (which I use for other types of nonbinary identities as well) if you want to look through some tumblr posts on this topic.
*Updated 16 Feb 2016 with final 12 fics*
- *Fluidity by BetweenLines55– WIP~ so far 10k, T, MWPP era. “Sirius wore pronouns like one might wear a coat. Easily slipped on. Easily slipped off. Traded in when it stopped fitting or serving its purpose. | Genderfluid!Sirius and the time and trials of figuring out who they are.” See tags for warnings. Really lovely fic. Genderfluid!Sirius.
- She was born Saiph by EssayOfThoughts– 667 words, NR, pre-MWPP/ MWPP era. “Sometimes they are Saiph, and sometimes they are Sirius.” Pre-Hogwarts and first year; no Wolfstar (yet). Genderfluid!Sirius.
- The Queer Marauders Series by genderisasocialconstruct– WIP~ so far 6k, G, MWPP era. “A collection of fics with, yep you guessed it, queer marauders.” Sirius is agender in most of these.
- oil smudged by atlaspeaks– 4k, T, non-magic/university AU. “Modern au where remus is an art student and sirius is an unwitting model.” A few pronoun slips though. Non-binary!Sirius.
- Of punks, nerds, and a project dress by WhiteOwl97– 15k, T, non-magic/high school AU. “Four boys, one textiles class, and Remus Lupin in a dress. Wait, what?” Genderfluid!Sirius.
- Chest Binding by oliverdalstonbrowning– WIP~ so far 6k, T, magic AU. “No-War AU. An angry storm in the midst of summer brings a runaway aristocrat to Remus Lupin’s home. Surrounded by the comfort of books and new friends, Sirius Black falls in love and discovers how much thicker blood is to water.” Bigender!Sirius, as well as trans!Remus.
- Texts from a Drunken STD Inquirer by pathtoascension–WIP~ so far 7k, NR, non-magic/high school AU. “Remus and Sirius make contact through a ‘prank’ and decide to see where it will lead, with a few twists and turns along the way.” Genderfluid!Sirius.
- Dormitory Stairs by PunkArsenic– 2k, T, MWPP era. “Sirius Black has to face the facts about their gender after a run in with the stairs.” Questioning/non-binary!Sirius.
- *I’ll paint a mural of your smile by david8– 33k, T, non-magic/coffee shop AU. “…it doesn’t take Sirius long to sense something different about Remus…And soon, even Remus understands that not everything is as it should be with the seemingly happy, extroverted and flirtatious rich guy…” Bipolar!Sirius, non-binary!Sirius, trans!Remus, barista!Remus.
- *All This Clatter (Between My Ears) by Morag– unfinished, 13k, T, MWPP era. “He wears robes to their full advantage, using them to disguise his planes and suggest that there might be arcs…it’s still wrong, but it means he doesn’t look like a sir, which is what he wants.” Gender-neutral!Sirius. Oh my gosh, this is so good and painful and relatable for anyone who’s struggled with identity. But do heed the warnings (!!)– ex. TW for dysphoria, transphobia, & suicidal thoughts.
Updates from 16 Feb 2016:
- Long Distance by irrationalmoony & LadyAmina– WIP~ 21k, E, non-magic/university AU. “James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter have been inseparable since…their first day at Hogwarts boarding school. So when Remus relocates to France for further schooling…they’re not going to let the distance stop them…” Texting fic. Genderfluid!Sirius, trans!Remus.
- *Let’s Go Out With a Bang by LadyFaceElena– 2k, NR, non-magic/modern AU. “When Remus is ready to throttle the next customer who is rude to him, he ends up meeting Sirius Black, and his entire day is turned round for the better. Especially when it ends in an after work snog.” Genderfluid!Sirius.
- Forbidden by LadyFaceElena– 12k, G, non-magic/university AU. “...Lily and Marlene decide to make a video in response to Israel’s banned book about a Jewish and Arab romance…Artist Sirius Black reluctantly agrees to participate…having no idea he’s on the path to finding love…” Genderfluid!Sirius, trans!Remus.
- *Succession of Halos by LadyFaceElena– 7k, G, non-magic AU. “When Remus gets talked into seeing his favourite author–Astronomy Professor S. Black–hold a stargazing lecture, he…does not expect the ripped jeans and rolling-stones t-shirt wearing, motor-bike riding Sirius Black….” Genderfluid!Sirius, trans!Remus.
- Sun In My Eyes by LadyFaceElena– 13k, G, non-magic AU. “Remus Lupin struggles with a lot of things in life. Bipolar disorder, being poor, and working as an artist….When art model Sirius enters Remus’ life like a whirlwind, nothing will ever be the same.” Genderfluid!Sirius.
- See But One Moon by LadyFaceElena– 9k, G, non-magic AU. “Sirius Black has been pining for the nerdy Barista, Remus Lupin, for three months…When Remus starts listening to the Marauding Hour–a University radio programme, he finds himself enraptured by one of the DJs…” Genderfluid!Sirius.
- Other’s Woe by LadyFaceElena– 2k, NR, non-magic/university AU. “Forced to attend a group project meeting for a theology class, Remus thinks his day will be miserable until a gorgeous, grey-eyed stranger plants himself at their table and challenges the archaic thinking of the rest of the group….” Genderfluid!Sirius.
- *Living Like We’re Renegades by LadyFaceElena– 24k, E, non-magic/university AU. “Exuberant, proud, genderfluid, cheerleader, self-described narcissist. All things to describe Sirius Black. It’s a stark contrast from the self-imposed loner, Journalist, and Gender Studies major Remus Lupin…” Genderfluid!Sirius.
- Perfect Match by FivePips– 5k, T, non-magic AU. “Sirius Black has never done anything that didn’t somehow benefit him. James Potter challenges him to do something good for someone else, that he doesn’t get anything in return. Remus Lupin needs a kidney. Lily Evans-Potter has an idea.” Genderfluid!Sirius.
- my spellbound heart has made and remade the necklace of songs by Itgoeson– 3k, E, mwpp era. “Sirius has always known that they loved Remus. It’s as natural as breathing. And Remus, well. Remus loves them, too. Everyone else just loves to laugh at the two of them.” Mostly PWP, slightly kinky. Agender!Sirius.
- *The Consequences by veeagainst– 17k, E, mwpp era. “Sirius and Remus do a favour for James that leads to them having female bodies for a few days; everyone discovers that playing with sex and gender is fun.” Sirius does not explicitly identify as non-binary, but there are hints & this fic has really hot femslash so I thought I’d rec it anyway.
- The Luckiest by Remy_Writes5– 5k, E, non-magic AU. “Remus is on his way to work when he gets serenaded by a gorgeous man with a guitar.” Genderfluid!Sirius.
- Fly Away Home by PunkArsenic– 4k, T, mwpp era. “The summer when Sirius Black ran away.” TW: homophobia, transphobia, references to child abuse. Non-binary!Sirius.
P.S. I also have a trans!Sirius reclist here.