Letter to my 13 year old self
1. The way you are feeling is not your parents’
fault. It’s because of your bodily changes.
2.Relatives are different from your own family. learn to read the skeptism in their eyes, it’s there more often than you think.
3. lock yourself up in a room for a while if you are feeling easily and frequently irritated. it’ll help you.
4. no matter what you do, your parents are your only true well wishers. Realize that sooner.
5. You are young and trying very hard to look like an adult but believe me the adults are trying very hard to look young.
6. Resort to creativity , re-organizing or playing a sport. It’ll channel out your pointless frustration a great big deal.
7. The more you delay it, the more you’ll hate homework. Do it soon as you get home.
8. Hang out with kids more often than you want to hang out with adults. Trust me, the company of kids will bring out the kid in you relieving you of a lot of “adult” stress.
9. don’t be too hard on yourself for saying something rubbish to someone you didn’t want to hurt. its probably the hormones talking.
10. The way you are feeling is NOT going to last forever. Stay silent for as long as you can.
11. Considering your age, getting in fights is not something you can avoid but getting in trouble you can avoid.
12. Make it a point to make your parents smile atleast once every day. The memories will soothe a good amount of heartache when they are gone.
13. Your dad does not hate giving you extra money. he just hates the way you spend it.
14. Keeping hard feelings will fetch you nothing.
15. You are big now. You are expected to keep your surroundings clean. Stop groaning everytime your mom asks you to clean the house.
16. Gadgets won’t help one bit to improve the way you feel. Do activities that require more physical strength like running after your toddler sibling in the house.
17. Plan out your expenses from your pocket money every month. start saving money even if it is 1 penny. Eventually you’ll learn it’s value.
18. Your parents cannot hold a grudge against you for very long. It’s their weakness. Be charming at lunch and they’ll forget your awful behaviour at breakfast
19. If you are feeling stressed out go to bed early. Sleep is more often the solution than you think.
20. You are old enough to give charity. Never turn away a beggar empty handed.